Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
The clubs complaining over no game last week and feeling like they are unfairly done by….? Shut up.

I know one team is mine but it makes no sense you are fresh, you are playing a team that has lost Docherty one of their leaders and another that has lost Coleman who is one of the main weapons off the backline. Also a lot of corks and niggles already from round 0 if anything you are advantaged.

I just don’t get it??

The clubs complaining over no game last week and feeling like they are unfairly done by….? Shut up.

I know one team is mine but it makes no sense you are fresh, you are playing a team that has lost Docherty one of their leaders and another that has lost Coleman who is one of the main weapons off the backline. Also a lot of corks and niggles already from round 0 if anything you are advantaged.

I just don’t get it??
Richmond played last week.

I just don’t get it??

Considering Melbourne have 10 days to recover before they play the Bulldogs, I don’t see any advantage, more a AFL engineered disadvantage.

The only “benefit” is an upcoming bye that gives your injured players one less game to miss. As a blues fan, Docherty doing his ACL was an unfortunate but freak occurrence. As for the other injured players on the list, they’d still miss the same total number of games regardless of playing last week or starting this week. I don’t get the fuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I'm wondering is why 4 teams are playing 2 games before the other 10 teams have even played 1. Why wouldn't you move them to late Saturday/Sunday? Most supporters not give a fk about Richmond VS Carlton always starting the season off and in this case they obviously haven't.
$$$$$$

The clubs that play a team that has already played a competitive game last week will have a disadvantage.

The clubs that played last week have a bye coming up which means they play the following week against a team that just played a game which will give them a disadvantage.

Not worth complaining about.

I just don't get why the AFL don't schedule the 8 teams who played last week to play another this week. Already Richmond, Carlton, Sydney and Collingwood are playing each other - how hard would it have been to schedule any combination of GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne together this week?

A simple solution which would remove 95% of the controversy and commentary (whether it's granted or not) around this given it would be a complete non-issue come round 2 by the time everyone's played at least 1 game. Keep Round 0 if they must, there's obviously strong commercial interest for it to exist, but just tinker with 2 match-ups and you've shut down the majority of the discussion around how it relates to the integrity of the competition.

Last edited:
I just don't get why the AFL don't schedule the 8 teams who played last week to play another this week. Already Richmond, Carlton, Sydney and Collingwood are playing each other - how hard would it have been to schedule any combination of GWS, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne together this week?

A simple solution which would remove 95% of the controversy and commentary (whether it's granted or not) around this given it would be a complete non-issue come round 2 by the time everyone's played at least 1 game. Keep Round 0 if they must, there's obviously strong commercial interest for it to exist, but just tinker with 2 match-ups and you've shut down the majority of the discussion around how it relates to the integrity of the competition.

It's been bungled

The clubs that play a team that has already played a competitive game last week will have a disadvantage.

The clubs that played last week have a bye coming up which means they play the following week against a team that just played a game which will give them a disadvantage.

Not worth complaining about.

Apples and oranges.

The essence of the complaint is this:

Teams debuting this week, are coming off no meaningful games, and they now play their entire season block, with one bye.

The teams that played last weekend, have THEIR entire season block, with TWO byes. That’s what makes it unequal.

Additionally North, Adelaide, Dogs and the Dockers have to deal with with facing sides that have already had a proper meaningful match. Those four sides haven’t.

I just don’t get it??

look we are talking about Chris Scott, so I would not take too much notice, even he does not believe that garbage he speaks

look we are talking about Chris Scott, so I would not take too much notice, even he does not believe that garbage he speaks

This post is like Miley Cyrus criticising Paul McCartney for being a poor songwriter

What does he have to believe?

What he’s speaking does not require belief.

It is a fact.

You don’t need to believe that 1+1=2.

It is a fact.

Equally, he does not need to believe what he spoke the other night: the opening round compromises the fixture. That is a fact, whether it is a good idea or not, it compromises the fixture.

I know your molecule sized intellect can’t grasp it, but it’s a fact.

He doesn’t need to believe anything. He stated a fact.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back