Radio EON:New sports radio station to launch this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a stupid question but do new cars come out now days with Digital Radios in them?

I listen to a lot of radio, but when I'm driving for work, not at home.

I'm getting a new car next year and was wondering if it will have a digital radio as standard?

I'm not certain about this - but I think it's far from universal; some new cars do and some don't.

(So I'd obviously recommend doing some research online about it and/or directly asking the dealers when you go to look at the various cars you're interested in.)

My impression is that it's not the end of the world if the car(s) you really want doesn't have digital radio inbuilt ... because you can get portable receivers installed. That's obviously messy and reasonably expensive, though.

I'm not certain about this - but I think it's far from universal; some new cars do and some don't.

(So I'd obviously recommend doing some research online about it and/or directly asking the dealers when you go to look at the various cars you're interested in.)

My impression is that it's not the end of the world if the car(s) you really want doesn't have digital radio inbuilt ... because you can get portable receivers installed. That's obviously messy and reasonably expensive, though.

The car isn't changing.

I'm damn well getting my Mustang!

Probably a stupid question but do new cars come out now days with Digital Radios in them?

I'm getting a new car next year and was wondering if it will have a digital radio as standard?

some do some dont. mine does, but was warned in some places such as tunnels and areas where there's a lot of concrete (ie car parks) u may lose reception.

it's pretty good. so clear, however you must take care when changing from analogue to digital formats in the ar cause digitial is bloody loud!

some do some dont. mine does, but was warned in some places such as tunnels and areas where there's a lot of concrete (ie car parks) u may lose reception.

it's pretty good. so clear, however you must take care when changing from analogue to digital formats in the ar cause digitial is bloody loud!
Really?

I thought digital was all about clarity? Surprising that they still can't get it right when there's a tunnel or a car park.

Still waiting for you to show us where you "made it clear" that you "had a foot in the door" at the station before you started blatantly shilling them under the guise of unbiased listener. Cos this was your original post:

You bashed SEN, you used the classic "everyone seems to agree", and you didn't tell anyone that your post was in effect an unpaid ad.
All 13 posts are pumping up EON and nearly all are slagging SEN, he did mention he may have a foot in the door on his third post when questioned. But it was in the Sen thread.

Usually only the high end cars that have them standard at the moment, and that's only a very recent introduction. A little surprised at the slow uptake in cars to be honest, as they are perfect for the car.

I just plug my digital radio into the aux outlet when I want to listen to digital radio in the car. Batteries usually last about a week, give or take.

Pumped for a few buddies there at EON and this time tomorrow night it will be get set for EPL

I follow EON on Twitter and they have been stating all day that Hull v Leicester will be on live. I'm listening now and it isn't on, we just have Adriam Durham hosting a Talkback show. Very disappointing start.

I follow EON on Twitter and they have been stating all day that Hull v Leicester will be on live. I'm listening now and it isn't on, we just have Adriam Durham hosting a Talkback show. Very disappointing start.
Can't you watch it on SBS?

Can't you watch it on SBS?

That's correct it's live on SBS, but unfortunately if you are out and about and only have access to a radio stream you are effectively blacked out because Talksport who previously held the rights in Australia are blacked out since EON Sport has the rights. Just as I type this the game has come online, so hopefully somebody has pushed the right button!

Still waiting for you to show us where you "made it clear" that you "had a foot in the door" at the station before you started blatantly shilling them under the guise of unbiased listener. Cos this was your original post:

You bashed SEN, you used the classic "everyone seems to agree", and you didn't tell anyone that your post was in effect an unpaid ad.
If I clean the toilets at EON or I helped John Farnham with his comeback tours does it really matter ?
there is a thread here devoted to pages and pages of people bashing SEN , 500 pages of people bashing the place.
This website is full of forums of people giving opinions and we can read them , ignore them , laugh at them or criticise them.
If anything is said that is out of line then I am sure the moderators will pull them off the forum so chill out and give your opinions and i will read them like you read mine.

If I clean the toilets at EON or I helped John Farnham with his comeback tours does it really matter ?
there is a thread here devoted to pages and pages of people bashing SEN , 500 pages of people bashing the place.
This website is full of forums of people giving opinions and we can read them , ignore them , laugh at them or criticise them.
If anything is said that is out of line then I am sure the moderators will pull them off the forum so chill out and give your opinions and i will read them like you read mine.

Yeah, it does matter.

If you can't tell the difference between people giving unbiased, honest and frank opinions, and people giving blatantly paid shills I don't know what to tell you. You certainly shouldn't be working in radio if you don't know the difference though. (Remember "cash for comment"?)

And you still haven't addressed the blatant lie of saying that you made it clear that "you had a foot in the door" at EON when you didn't make that clear at all.

You've single-handedly stopped me listening EON after giving it a few goes during the ICC football. Well done to you, make sure you tell your management was a shithouse salesperson you are. I'm sure they'll be thrilled :rolleyes:

Yeah, it does matter.

If you can't tell the difference between people giving unbiased, honest and frank opinions, and people giving blatantly paid shills I don't know what to tell you. You certainly shouldn't be working in radio if you don't know the difference though. (Remember "cash for comment"?)

And you still haven't addressed the blatant lie of saying that you made it clear that "you had a foot in the door" at EON when you didn't make that clear at all.

You've single-handedly stopped me listening EON after giving it a few goes during the ICC football. Well done to you, make sure you tell your management was a shithouse salesperson you are. I'm sure they'll be thrilled :rolleyes:

you seem to be giving me a new career without reading my posts as I would love to work in Radio if you can give me a job
Maybe I could create a station you and I would both love to listen to , maybe I could make you my assistant and we could have lunch together each day and have power meetings.
My foot in the door are buddies that are at EON and I think it is going quite well early days.
In fact one of my buddies that has been at both SEN and EON says EON P*SSES on SEN for professionalism and the way it is being run
Nothing I say will make any difference to you liking EON or SEN you will only make that choice by listening , same as anyone else if people like something they will want more of it .

you seem to be giving me a new career without reading my posts as I would love to work in Radio if you can give me a job
Maybe I could create a station you and I would both love to listen to , maybe I could make you my assistant and we could have lunch together each day and have power meetings.
My foot in the door are buddies that are at EON and I think it is going quite well early days.
In fact one of my buddies that has been at both SEN and EON says EON P*SSES on SEN for professionalism and the way it is being run
Nothing I say will make any difference to you liking EON or SEN you will only make that choice by listening , same as anyone else if people like something they will want more of it .

I've read every word you've posted in this thread.

Am I meant to seek out every post you've made on BF to see what your attachments are and who your masters are? You aren't that important sunshine, I (and most other people) will judge the comments you've made in this thread based on the contents of the comments you've made in this thread.

Also, how shocking that "a buddy" would trash his former employer while talking up his current employer. No one ever did that before :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it me, or is it just a coincidence that "Staffi" sounds an awfully lot like "Staffieri", who was the founder of the original SEN, was its GM when it ran out of money and is said to now to be the GM of EON Sports. I'll take everything he says with a large grain of salt for the time being thanks.

Is it me, or is it just a coincidence that "Staffi" sounds an awfully lot like "Staffieri", who was the founder of the original SEN, was its GM when it ran out of money and is said to now to be the GM of EON Sports. I'll take everything he says with a large grain of salt for the time being thanks.

Brilliant unbiased first post.

Do you seriously think the GM of EON Sports would come on to Big Footy and start posting under his own name ? ( I thought the music guru G Wheatley was the boss )
But if you want I can be him or anyone you want and for an extra $250 I offer the Boyfriend or GF experience;)

Maybe we should take what you say with a grain of salt as it is obvious you are from SEN or have something to do with SEN
You joined Big Footy a week ago and created an account just to post one comment about a radio admin bloke that most of us hadnt heard of until like I, we googled his name
You post about some financial issue like you hold a grudge about the bloke when all the rest of us post opinions and comments about the stations sound and hosts
And your chosen name Athol hasnt been used on a birth certificate since 1960
Now do the forum think I am the GM of EON or that you more likely are someone from Radio land ?

P.S Feel free to post in other forums here as well maybe you can earn your second post sometime soon
and dont forget EPL has just got underway on EON:thumbsu: tonight I am about to listen in bed

Do you seriously think the GM of EON Sports would come on to Big Footy and start posting under his own name ? ( I thought the music guru G Wheatley was the boss )
Stranger things have happened, but I never said it was, just a coincidence

But if you want I can be him or anyone you want and for an extra $250 I offer the Boyfriend or GF experience
Desperate for money already?

Maybe we should take what you say with a grain of salt as it is obvious you are from SEN or have something to do with SEN
Irrelevant

You joined Big Footy a week ago
Yes, just needed to balance the ledger a bit.

radio admin bloke that most of us hadnt heard of until like I, we googled his name
Funny, most news articles about EON mentioned him.

You post about some financial issue like you hold a grudge about the bloke when all the rest of us post opinions and comments about the stations sound and hosts
Doesn't owe me a cent.

And your chosen name Athol hasnt been used on a birth certificate since 1960
Obviously not my real name.

EPL has just got underway on EON
Curious as to how many listeners, if it was such a big draw card why didn't SEN, 3AW, 2GB, RSN, Croc Media or anyone else pick up the rights over the last 10 years or so?

Curious as to how many listeners, if it was such a big draw card why didn't SEN, 3AW, 2GB, RSN, Croc Media or anyone else pick up the rights over the last 10 years or so?

There has been EPL broadcasts into Australia for many years. With thanks to ABC NewsRadio/Grandstand Digital, the BBC World Service has always broadcasted at least 1 or 2 matches a week, plus the full and famous classified score service and around the grounds.

The idea that the EPL isn't heard in Australia is quite simply inaccurate.

My mistake, probably should of qualified it with a "commercial" rights. Is there enough listeners to generate a profit over and above what the costs of the rights are?

latest

I have been listening a fair bit over the last few weeks. They do a good job switching between sports and have seemed to put together a good list of regular guests.

Ideally they would go a bit later at night with local coverage, maybe 11pm and perhaps do a bit more on weekend mornings but in the end it all comes down to costs I guess.

I am not sure how many people they employ but it wouldn't be a cheap operation and combined with limited revenue from digital radio it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
I have been listening a fair bit over the last few weeks. They do a good job switching between sports and have seem to put together a good list of regular guests.

Ideally they would go a bit later at night with local coverage, maybe 11pm and perhaps do a bit more on weekend mornings but in the end it all comes down to costs I guess.

I am not sure how many people they employ but it wouldn't be a cheap operation and combined with limited revenue from digital radio it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Who have they got and when?

Who have they got and when?

Well they seem to have access to a reasnoble standard of guests. For instance today had McGill talking cricket and Stubbs talking tennis. With the AFL they have a heap of journalists.

Today I heard a nationial whip around to someone different in each state which brought a variety of sports into the discussion.

According to twitter they are having a regular cricket show on Monday nights.

Obviously in Adelaide without SEN we are a bit limited in terms of any sport talk outside the Crows and Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back