Podcast Ep. 5.47 - Dog Day Sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

I love your passion Macca, but as many have said being hard at the man is Jonas' brand so he has to keep that up, given the coaches and players have all said that he was unlucky you'd have to give him some benefit of the doubt. Besides if Dalhaus had made any attempt to protect himself rather than play for the free it wouldn't have even been that.

You are absolutely right that he needs to be more careful, as if he hadn't done it then they wouldn't have been able to pull this s**t but he probably does what he did 10 times a game.

If he deliberately elbowed him then of course he is an absolute idiot, but I just can't believe he was that dumb.

I love your passion Macca, but as many have said being hard at the man is Jonas' brand so he has to keep that up, given the coaches and players have all said that he was unlucky you'd have to give him some benefit of the doubt. Besides if Dalhaus had made any attempt to protect himself rather than play for the free it wouldn't have even been that.

You are absolutely right that he needs to be more careful, as if he hadn't done it then they wouldn't have been able to pull this s**t but he probably does what he did 10 times a game.

If he deliberately elbowed him then of course he is an absolute idiot, but I just can't believe he was that dumb.

All he needed to do was not raise his arm and he would've been fine. But he did raise his arm, so now he lives with the consequences. And he gets an extra week as a result of living with the consequences of what he did to Gaff last year.

All he needed to do was not raise his arm and he would've been fine. But he did raise his arm, so now he lives with the consequences. And he gets an extra week as a result of living with the consequences of what he did to Gaff last year.
It's so pedantic for a decision he made in a microsecond though. You are absolutely right but it's such an arbitrary bullshit decision, that I can't help but feel Jonas was pretty bloody hard done by.

I mean he literally caused no damage, and there was almost no danger of any damage being done. Why is that a suspension? What is it trying to achieve?

Is spinnin' Sam Gary's checkside from one centimetre out the best "worst miss for goal" you've ever seen?
At least he was under pressure. This one is in the "can't dig a deep enough hole to hide" category. Mick Nolan of the Roos also did the same kind of thing in the 70s but I can't find a video of that one.

It's so pedantic for a decision he made in a microsecond though. You are absolutely right but it's such an arbitrary bullshit decision, that I can't help but feel Jonas was pretty bloody hard done by.

I mean he literally caused no damage, and there was almost no danger of any damage being done. Why is that a suspension? What is it trying to achieve?

If you watch the game closely, straight after the Jonas block, Dahlhaus gets straight up and charges forward again, at which stage, Ollie Wines steps in and gives him another block, almost identical to the Jonas one.

Was such a s**t decision against a persecuted player, who the wider AFL media has an axe to grind with, so they don't give a * what happens to him.

At the time during the commentary, all three barely gave it a moments attention, but amazingly during the break, the footage was slowed down and enhanced, in an almost deliberate ploy to have it talked about in a negative sense.

Jonas was ****ed. By the AFL and the media. He touched a nerve with his calling out of s**t lazy journo hacks and it seems like he's paying the price for being right.

At least he was under pressure. This one is in the "can't dig a deep enough hole to hide" category. Mick Nolan of the Roos also did the same kind of thing in the 70s but I can't find a video of that one.

The white point post vs red point post conundrum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back