EPL Matchday 2

How is City allowed to play when Gundogan tested positive for covid today
Current guidelines are that if someone at work tests positive you don't have to self-isolate unless you develop symptoms.

But that's on the presumption that you are social distancing at work. If you can't do that you'd have to self isolate as well.

To me anyone sharing a dressing room with a positive player is at risk of getting it, and passing it on. And in the early stages tests won't necessarily say if you've got it or not.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Current guidelines are that if someone at work tests positive you don't have to self-isolate unless you develop symptoms.

But that's on the presumption that you are social distancing at work. If you can't do that you'd have to self isolate as well.

To me anyone sharing a dressing room with a positive player is at risk of getting it, and passing it on. And in the early stages tests won't necessarily say if you've got it or not.

If your whole or most of your club gets it what happens? Break for a month? Not following the guidelines and s**t so don't know. Be very disruptive to a season f this virus this

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, AUFC, South Adelaide, Pompey

Give it a week and more of city’s players will test positive

Give it a week and more of city’s players will test positive
Obviously hope not, but it's a possibility. And if that happens, how many of them played against Wolves?

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Obviously hope not, but it's a possibility. And if that happens, how many of them played against Wolves?

obviously I hope it’s not going to happen but honestly I’d of thought that the prem would take more precautions given the fact that Covid-19 is still spreading rapidly in the uk

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

And to answer your second question, given the fact that he tested positive today, the morning of the match, I’d assume he’s been in contact with most of his team mates, not sure about the hub situations over there though

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If your whole or most of your club gets it what happens? Break for a month? Not following the guidelines and sh*t so don't know. Be very disruptive to a season f this virus this

I imagine their entire football club wont test positive, between their senior squad, U/23's, u/18's etc. they will have enough to field a side.

The Czech's had to field a 2nd XI essentially in the Nations League because of mass positive tests, I don't see this being any different.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Chance of transmission in an outdoor setting is very low. Source: wifes friend who is a DHHS covid investigator. Out of all the cases in vuctiria virtually all known transmissions have occurred at home or in high density workplaces.

6 of PSG's squad got it on holidays while partying at clubs in Ibiza.

Also antibody tests are now available which tell you within 1 hour whether you have or have had covid in your body. COVID isnt going to be a big issue for PL clubs.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
We are basically watching the reason why City didn’t keep the league closer last season. Great in attack, average at the back.

Commentators were saying Stones and Ake were vulnerable. I thought they did alright. Fernandinho playing in front of them gives protection. Mendy is the weak link. If Traore had been played further forward Wolves would have made more chances.

City have Laporte, Garcia, Zinchenko and Cancelo to come back.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Commentators were saying Stones and Ake were vulnerable. I thought they did alright. Fernandinho playing in front of them gives protection. Mendy is the weak link. If Traore had been played further forward Wolves would have made more chances.

City have Laporte, Garcia, Zinchenko and Cancelo to come back.

Garcia is pretty close to joining Barca. Cancelo is a huge flop. Laporte will make a big difference.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Garcia is pretty close to joining Barca. Cancelo is a huge flop. Laporte will make a big difference.

Didn't know about Garcia. You would think they would replace him. I forgot about Otamendi. This was the team that smacked Liverpool 4-0 in July.

Ederson
Walker (Cancelo 73m)
García
Laporte (Otamendi 79m)
Mendy
Gündogan
Rodri
Foden
De Bruyne
Sterling (Bernardo Silva 79m)
Gabriel Jesus (Mahrez 58m)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Didn't know about Garcia. You would think they would replace him. I forgot about Otamendi. This was the team that smacked Liverpool 4-0 in July.

Ederson
Walker (Cancelo 73m)
García
Laporte (Otamendi 79m)
Mendy
Gündogan
Rodri
Foden
De Bruyne
Sterling (Bernardo Silva 79m)
Gabriel Jesus (Mahrez 58m)

The 2-1 loss to Chelsea is probably more relevant as that was their last game with something on the line.

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Fernadinho
Mendy
Gundogan
Rodrigo
KDB
Sterling
B Silva
Mahrez

Replace Mahrez with Aguero & Ake with Fernadinho and youve got their current best XI.

Question marks over Aguero (injury prone) Gundogan/Fernadinho in midfield and Mendy at LB remain.

They are supposed to be signing another CB shortly.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The 2-1 loss to Chelsea is probably more relevant as that was their last game with something on the line.

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Fernadinho
Mendy
Gundogan
Rodrigo
KDB
Sterling
B Silva
Mahrez

Replace Mahrez with Aguero & Ake with Fernadinho and youve got their current best XI.

Question marks over Aguero (injury prone) Gundogan/Fernadinho in midfield and Mendy at LB remain.

They are supposed to be signing another CB shortly.

It's hard to judge the games from last season because of the weird circumstances. The Chelsea game was early project restart. Liverpool had pretty much already won the title before that game, and had it done when they played City.

I think all the players are struggling with a disrupted pre-season. City's possession style will help them win games while they get back into full flow.

Also antibody tests are now available which tell you within 1 hour whether you have or have had covid in your body.

Not sure that is correct. Any test available to the public is ineffective in the early stages.

Antibody tests tell you if you've had it, not if you have it.

Last edited:
Back