Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood select Tyler Brockman

eth-dog
Xavier Robins (Half Back, 184 cm/74 kg, Glenelg). Write up to come.
You dont get second dibs. If the team he nominates passes on him the bidding team gets him.

Eth has it wrong
8.6 Players Eligible for More Than One Club

Where a Player is eligible to be included on the Primary List or Rookie List of more than one Club under this Father/Son Rule, the Player may be included on the List of either Club, according to the preference of the Player and the Determination for the national Draft Bidding System.

So no, I'm not.

Cool.

So I match, as is my right.

Hollands, Brand, Eyre, Rioli and 2 future firsts. Essendon fans will worship me. Pass on the rest.

Xavier Robins (Half Back, 184 cm/74 kg, Glenelg). Write up to come.

8.6 Players Eligible for More Than One Club

Where a Player is eligible to be included on the Primary List or Rookie List of more than one Club under this Father/Son Rule, the Player may be included on the List of either Club, according to the preference of the Player and the Determination for the national Draft Bidding System.

So no, I'm not.
Yes, you are. The rule you have quoted is in regards to pre-draft nominations. I.e if he is eligible to join multiple clubs under the father son/NGA rules then he can join either According to the preference of the player

So if he is eligible to go to multiple clubs, he can go to any provided they are the nominated club according to rule 8.5, which says we (and Rioli) must sign a prescribed form which states his intention to pre select him in order for him to be eligible. Richmond has done this and there is no indication Murice Jr has done that for us.

So in laymans terms, i.e when North and Sydney both had rights to Nick Blakey, Nick got to choose, and he picked Blakey. North lost all rights to them in the draft.
Cool.

So I match, as is my right.

Hollands, Brand, Eyre, Rioli and 2 future firsts. Essendon fans will worship me. Pass on the rest.
Nah, its not

Yes, you are. The rule you have quoted is in regards to pre-draft nominations. I.e if he is eligible to join multiple clubs under the father son/NGA rules then he can join either According to the preference of the player

So if he is eligible to go to multiple clubs, he can go to any provided they are the nominated club according to rule 8.5, which says we (and Rioli) must sign a prescribed form which states his intention to pre select him in order for him to be eligible. Richmond has done this and there is no indication Murice Jr has done that for us.

So in laymans terms, i.e when North and Sydney both had rights to Nick Blakey, Nick got to choose, and he picked Blakey. North lost all rights to them in the draft.

Nah, its not
As long as he is listed by both clubs it's irrelevant. Richmond get first dibs, after that Essendon are allowed to match.

As long as he is listed by both clubs it's irrelevant. Richmond get first dibs, after that Essendon are allowed to match.
It isnt irrelevant. Its the whole point

You cant unilaterally nominate him. He has to agree to. And he hasnt.

Rule 8.6 is relevant to who he nominates, if he hast two options he can pick which one.

It isnt irrelevant. Its the whole point

You cant unilaterally nominate him. He has to agree to. And he hasnt.

Rule 8.6 is relevant to who he nominates, if he hast two options he can pick which one.
There is literally no rule that states that both can't nominate him. The rules state both can nominate him, nothing about if one passes that they go into the open draft. It just says in this case Richmond have first dibs. That's it.

There is literally no rule that states that both can't nominate him. The rules state both can nominate him, nothing about if one passes that they go into the open draft. It just says in this case Richmond have first dibs. That's it.
Yeah he's declared his preference is Richmond. Has he declared he'd rather open draft than Essendon?

Take the blinkers off Eth. Read the comment you quoted.

He can only be picked up if you nominate him and he signs the prescribed form under the rules to agree.
Can he sign forms for both? Maybe. I am pretty sure Blakey for example didnt with Norf as he knew the Swans would get him.
But the point is you cant unilaterally nominate him. He has to agree to. He has for Richmond, there is no indication he has for us.

Therefore we have no rights over him as he hasnt agreed to be prenominated by us. Look at what has happened with Luke Edwards. There was talk earlier this year that he didnt want to nominate for Adelaide, and no both parties want to walk away.

Take the blinkers off Eth. Read the comment you quoted.

He can only be picked up if you nominate him and he signs the prescribed form under the rules to agree.
Can he sign forms for both? Maybe. I am pretty sure Blakey for example didnt with Norf as he knew the Swans would get him.
But the point is you cant unilaterally nominate him. He has to agree to. He has for Richmond, there is no indication he has for us.

Therefore we have no rights over him as he hasnt agreed to be prenominated by us. Look at what has happened with Luke Edwards. There was talk earlier this year that he didnt want to nominate for Adelaide, and no both parties want to walk away.
Where's he said he hasn't signed the form for us as his back up?

As the creator of this little comp I make the final call and he is going to Brisbane

View attachment 1018096
Well no you don't get to rewrite the draft rules. :tearsofjoy:

But at the same time going back however many picks it is after your error is also annoying so I vote carry on.

Well no you don't get to rewrite the draft rules. :tearsofjoy:

But at the same time going back however many picks it is after your error is also annoying so I vote carry on.
Yeah mate sorry about that, it’s a hard rule to agree on aswell since it’s rare for a player to nominate a club for the draft and then that club not matching whole also having more suitors who can match a bid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate sorry about that, it’s a hard rule to agree on aswell since it’s rare for a player to nominate a club for the draft and then that club not matching whole also having more suitors who can match a bid
In my eyes I still get him.

😂

Pick 68 - Jackson Cardillo - Calder Cannons
Forward/Mid
186cm 78kg

Lightening quick forward, who has shown an ability to win contested ball, so he may have a future as a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back