Essendon players on The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems everytime I switch on TFS there's one of our boys on the panel. Is this a deliberate ploy by the club to try and get some positive publicity? Coincidence? Or are we one of the only clubs left that lets our players waste their time on the show?

Last edited:
Seems everytime I switch on TFS there's one of our boys on the panel. Is this a deliberate ploy by the club to try and get some positive publicity? Coincidence? Or are we one of the only clubs left the let's our players waste their time on the show?

10913c7330efc5c56f2476fc5f475b510ebe1cce958e1a06cecdf5431c77ccb2.jpg

We're there seriously some maggots that booed him when he came out?

If you got paid 10K to sit on a panel, would you?

Defiently seems like the trio of Heppell, Watson and Goddard are the "face of the club" appearing on TV Shows/Radio left right and centre last 18 months.

The three of them are polished at dealing with the media whilst the rest of the team can focus on their footy

I feel quite the opposite. Yes there is Heppell who is a regular, and we recruited Goddard and Cooney. But i feel the club doesn't really get involved with tv shows whatsoever. I have never seen a TV show segment on any footy show that has involved Essendon, its like they just have closed doors.

I feel quite the opposite. Yes there is Heppell who is a regular, and we recruited Goddard and Cooney. But i feel the club doesn't really get involved with tv shows whatsoever. I have never seen a TV show segment on any footy show that has involved Essendon, its like they just have closed doors.

Wouldn't mind Hird doing some interviews with On The Couch and Talking Footy.

what other shows are there that the club could get more involved with, the footy show is really the only one. all the other shows just get players on from the games the previous night, and since we have either played Sunday or Friday night it makes it hard to get on the Sunday footy shows...

there is plenty of stuff on the Essendon site anyway.

what other shows are there that the club could get more involved with, the footy show is really the only one. all the other shows just get players on from the games the previous night, and since we have either played Sunday or Friday night it makes it hard to get on the Sunday footy shows...

there is plenty of stuff on the Essendon site anyway.
They never got involved with any segments on Before the Game back in the day. Never involved with 'behind the scenes' stuff like a lot of clubs do with channel 7. Things like Hughesys spray, never been at essendon, including when they did it on BTG. Some of the fox footy programs do segments with players or at the club, Essendon never have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They never got involved with any segments on Before the Game back in the day. Never involved with 'behind the scenes' stuff like a lot of clubs do with channel 7. Things like Hughesys spray, never been at essendon, including when they did it on BTG. Some of the fox footy programs do segments with players or at the club, Essendon never have.

We were one of two clubs who had a dedicated TV show for it for the last 4 years...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back