Everitt a Swan - Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

leighdavies said:
Er, good luck with Gardiner digger...

Lockett & O'Brien together again in 96. Both were regarded as damaged goods - on their own and together. 100 plus from Plugger, 50 plus from OB put paid to that theory.....

I think it is more the culture of the Aints don't you ??!!

1 year performance-based deal for Gardiner. If it fails he's gone.

How many years for Spida? How much $$$? How well has spida contributed to Hawks the last couple of seasons? How old's Gardiner? How old's Spida?

sucked in, I reckon. Take it from me (and the plenty of Hawks supporters who will be rapt to be rid of the leech)

kahuna71 said:

How many years for Spida? How much $$$? How well has spida contributed to Hawks the last couple of seasons? How old's Gardiner? How old's Spida?

sucked in, I reckon. Take it from me (and the plenty of Hawks supporters who will be rapt to be rid of the leech)

Well said Kahuna.. A wise decision by the Sainters to give Gardiner a year performance based deal. Spida certainly hasn't played well this year, WHEN he was on the field..which wasn't very often..That's his problem,keeping him on the field..NO loss to us, Robbie Campbell has more than filled his shoes, and can play forward or back...and we save $400K to boot..We are the WINNERS in that deal, in my opinion..:)

Happy we got pick 33 for spider. Good deal for both clubs.

Not fussed about thornton. Not worth $1 mill over 3 years imo. Only really a 2nd tall at best. Would have been better than what we have but not for the price they were asking.

I don't think carlton had any intentions of dealing with anyone over thornton.

LuvMyHawks said:
Well said Kahuna.. A wise decision by the Sainters to give Gardiner a year performance based deal. Spida certainly hasn't played well this year, WHEN he was on the field..which wasn't very often..That's his problem,keeping him on the field..NO loss to us, Robbie Campbell has more than filled his shoes, and can play forward or back...and we save $400K to boot..We are the WINNERS in that deal, in my opinion..:)
It was a fair deal, the deal got done, Pelchen did his job, all is good.:thumbsu:

kahuna71 said:

Here's the difference pal!

Swans take a chance on a quality 32 YO ruckman.
But have played off in the past 2 grand finals, winning one & missing out on the other by a point.
And ......have played in every finals series under Roos.
If Spider fails, we've still got a great chance to win another premiership.

Saints take chance with a WC reject.
But.......... with all the gun top 5 draft picks playing for your team, courtesy of finishing last about 5 years in succession, you haven't yet been 'talented' enough to make the GF.
And......there are no guarantees this year!
Eg..........Gehrig & Harvey are a year closer to the end of their careers, no Maguire (big heart), knee injury to Hayes (won't be at his best).

So it's fair to say that Spider can only be of benefit to the Swans.
The best thing going for the Saints is that you now have Rossy Lyon as coach & if he implements some of the Swans ethics to the Saints, you too could win a flag. Perhaps he can teach some of your players to carry certain minor injuries through games & still be effective.
But there's a fair chance that it could fall on deaf ears!

Good luck though!;)

LuvMyHawks said:
I'm not disputing your analysis of Spida and have said as much. I'm not saying it's a clear win for either team as despite everything he CAN play, and if any team ethos is strong enough to handle recalcitrance, it's my club. Witness Nick Davis' spell on the outer, and compare that to what Pies did to Tarrant.

That aside, we offered our 2nd rd pick on Wednesday - which, after Roos' comment last week was ALWAYS on the cards - and for all the bluster of a player (Malceski & Buchanan in the mix) a 1st rder/2nd rder swap and even the 3rd/4th rounder swap, you're left with precisely what was initially offered.

SA HAWK said:
Happy we got pick 33 for spider. Good deal for both clubs.

Not fussed about thornton. Not worth $1 mill over 3 years imo. Only really a 2nd tall at best. Would have been better than what we have but not for the price they were asking.

I don't think carlton had any intentions of dealing with anyone over thornton.

I totally agree SAHAWK, he will end up playing at Carlton, although I doubt he will have his heart in it. Still cannot see why ANY club, including us, would want to keep a player that is not proud to wear their club colours!!
It is not a loss to us, we never had him in the first place to lose...Just thought of Thompson, we never held him back, imagine the outcry if we had of tried to keep him...OMG!!! We would still be wearing it...

Tedeski said:
Here's the difference 1. pal!

Swans take a chance on a 2. quality 32 YO ruckman.
But have played off in the past 2 grand finals, winning one & missing out on the other by a point.

Saints take chance with a WC reject.
But.......... with all the gun top 5 draft picks playing for your team, courtesy of finishing last about 5 years in succession, you haven't yet been 'talented' enough to make the GF.
And......there are no guarantees this year!
Eg..........Gehrig & Harvey are a year closer to the end of their careers, no Maguire (big heart), knee injury to Hayes (won't be at his best).

3. So it's fair to say that Spider can only be of benefit to the Swans.
The best thing going for the Saints is that you now have Rossy Lyon as coach & if he implements some of the Swans ethics to the Saints, you too could win a flag. Perhaps he can teach some of your players to carry certain minor injuries through games & still be effective.
But there's a fair chance that it could fall on deaf ears!

Good luck though!;)

1. You're no pal of mine.

2. Don't believe the hype. His last years at Saints and Hawks were injury/suspension and form riddled. But hey, knock yourself out, we're done with him. He's all yours.

3. Again, I'll believe it when I see it. He did sweet FA at Hawthorn compared with what was expected of him.

The rest of your ramble was incoherent. How'd Barry Hall work out for you in the pressure cooker GF this year? You wanna go off topic?

Tedeski said:
Would you like to point out which 5 years this may have been?

Typical Sydney know-nothing bandwagoner. :rolleyes:

Barry Hall should be absolutely ashamed and disgusted with himself after the effort he put in this year, in the GF.. He only needed to kick ONE,,I REPEAT ONLY ONE lousy goal, and you would have won!!! He turns to jelly in my opinion, when the pressure is on. And don;t tell me that he doesn't, he is PAID to KICK GOALS....not miss them...And I hope this lives with him for the rest of his life...Your club has paid the ultimate price for him missing these important goals.. I for one was so happy to see the WC win this year...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LuvMyHawks said:
Barry Hall should be absolutely ashamed and disgusted with himself after the effort he put in this year, in the GF.. He only needed to kick ONE,,I REPEAT ONLY ONE lousy goal, and you would have won!!! He turns to jelly in my opinion, when the pressure is on. And don;t tell me that he doesn't, he is PAID to KICK GOALS....not miss them...And I hope this lives with him for the rest of his life...Your club has paid the ultimate price for him missing these important goals.. I for one was so happy to see the WC win this year...:)

errrrrrrrrrrrr, he played in a winning GF 12 months before. I dont think he's doing too badly

kahuna71 said:
How'd Barry Hall work out for you in the pressure cooker GF this year? You wanna go off topic?
Had a shocker, admittedly. Probably his worst for the club following a terrific finals series and a great GF last year. I've no ill-feeling toward him - not even cracking it and leaving functions early - and I expect he'll be back next year with a renewed sense of purpose. You cannot say that Hall has been bad for Sydney and that the trade that got you Dal Santo hasn't benefitted both clubs.

Spida is a punt, but a calculated one. If any club has the strength in its leadership to deal with his recalcitrance, it's Sydney. Plus he has the support of the playing group - no doubt Barry put in a good word for him.

In the last two years we've forgone "early" draft picks for Jolly (tick), Richards (middling, but if he can continue his great GF form then a definite tick) and Chambers (cross). Not bad. Spriggs in the 50's was a lower risk punt and by all accounts he has been tremendous for the club in the mary-lous plus in his dedication to fitness and the club ethos.

You would hope that Spider pulls his head in a bit and does the right thing. I hope so. We'll wait and see though, hmmm?

LuvMyHawks said:
Your opinion counts for ****. You are an absolute tosser.

mocaholic said:
Had a shocker, admittedly. Probably his worst for the club following a terrific finals series and a great GF last year. I've no ill-feeling toward him - not even cracking it and leaving functions early - and I expect he'll be back next year with a renewed sense of purpose. You cannot say that Hall has been bad for Sydney and that the trade that got you Dal Santo hasn't benefitted both clubs.

Spida is a punt, but a calculated one. If any club has the strength in its leadership to deal with his recalcitrance, it's Sydney. Plus he has the support of the playing group - no doubt Barry put in a good word for him.

In the last two years we've forgone "early" draft picks for Jolly (tick), Richards (middling, but if he can continue his great GF form then a definite tick) and Chambers (cross). Not bad. Spriggs in the 50's was a lower risk punt and by all accounts he has been tremendous for the club in the mary-lous plus in his dedication to fitness and the club ethos.

You would hope that Spider pulls his head in a bit and does the right thing. I hope so. We'll wait and see though, hmmm?

much more reasonable approach. Saints/Hawks supporters have so far followed his whole career - we know what we're talking about. The guy is a tool, accept that quickly for your own sakes.

kahuna71 said:
much more reasonable approach. Saints/Hawks supporters have so far followed his whole career - we know what we're talking about. The guy is a tool, accept that quickly for your own sakes.
Oh, I agree, he is a tool. I just hope he can give his all for two years and help get us back on the dais. I didn't want him initially, but we paid a fair price and we'll see how the deal works out.

kahuna71 said:
1. You're no pal of mine.

2. Don't believe the hype. His last years at Saints and Hawks were injury/suspension and form riddled. But hey, knock yourself out, we're done with him. He's all yours.

3. Again, I'll believe it when I see it. He did sweet FA at Hawthorn compared with what was expected of him.

The rest of your ramble was incoherent. How'd Barry Hall work out for you in the pressure cooker GF this year? You wanna go off topic?

Well......just as I expected, it's fallen on deaf ears.

I'll repeat it again so you understand...............

How did you feel when Barry Hall lifted the Cup in 2005.

What's that ......................couldn't watch it?

Hehehe..................
The Swans success at getting the best out of Plugger & Bazza are proof Spider is a low risk for the Swans.

Now look after Reiwolt for us in the next few years.....................we'll be needing him in 2009!
Hehehehe...............
Cheers!

FuManchu said:
thats right, I think he meant five decades of misery, there's a difference you know
We've had a draft for five decades?

F**K, WHY WEREN'T WE TOLD!!! :eek:

No wonder we've been struggling since our last flag.

Fu - good to see your St Kilda and JeffDunne obsession continues. :thumbsu:

Witness Nick Davis' spell on the outer, and compare that to what Pies did to Tarrant

EXACTLY MY POINT!!! IF the Swans are so GOOD at reforming players, WHY did DAVIS do what he did in the first place??? Great discipline at the Swans...hehehehe... Not the first time he erred either.. Too late to shut the gate after the horse has bolted!!.He knew the rules when he spoke out....end of subject..:rolleyes:

Tedeski said:
Well......just as I expected, it's fallen on deaf ears.

I'll repeat it again so you understand...............

How did you feel when Barry Hall lifted the Cup in 2005.

What's that ......................couldn't watch it?

Hehehe..................
The Swans success at getting the best out of Plugger & Bazza are proof Spider is a low risk for the Swans.

Now look after Reiwolt for us in the next few years.....................we'll be needing him in 2009!
Hehehehe...............
Cheers!

yeah, I've only followed his entire career at the Saints for what was it, 8 years or more? what would I know?

as I say, good luck to you. and go **** yourself.

JeffDunne said:
Would you like to point out which 5 years this may have been?

Typical Sydney know-nothing bandwagoner. :rolleyes:

Fair go Jeff, musta all blended in together.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting a vision right now....

History of the StKFC:

DSCF0083.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back