FA Cup FA Cup 2023/24 (Final: Man City vs Man United) - On Paramount+

Football Association Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

You make it very hard not to go down the same predictable argument route with mocking a manager getting his club into finals.

3 finals in two seasons is above average for every club except yours. Or is silverware no longer one of Football's.maim aims, particularly for massive clubs like United?
Solksjaer made finals with Man U as well, yeah?

Reality is, Man Utd are tracking for their worst ever EPL-era finish, equaled most losses in an EPL season with 6 matches still to play, are at a negative GD which is worse than 2 seasons ago under Solksjaer. Finished bottom of their CL group which incl Danish and Turkish opposition. Have had injury problems this year to add a little fairness, but so have a number of other teams. Are battling for league position with West Ham and Chelsea whose fans want to sack their managers.

But as a Reds fan, give him a 7 year deal. :)

You make it very hard not to go down the same predictable argument route with mocking a manager getting his club into finals.

3 finals in two seasons is above average for every club except yours. Or is silverware no longer one of Football's.maim aims, particularly for massive clubs like United?
Like I said. Long term extension.

Agree. I think ETH should be given a new 10 year contract.

Solksjaer made finals with Man U as well, yeah?

Reality is, Man Utd are tracking for their worst ever EPL-era finish, equaled most losses in an EPL season with 6 matches still to play, are at a negative GD which is worse than 2 seasons ago under Solksjaer. Finished bottom of their CL group which incl Danish and Turkish opposition. Have had injury problems this year to add a little fairness, but so have a number of other teams. Are battling for league position with West Ham and Chelsea whose fans want to sack their managers.

But as a Reds fan, give him a 7 year deal. :)

Like I said. Long term extension.

Yawn. I never said he was Ferguson in bald Dutch form, just that in making his 3rd cup final before the end of his second season he was doing ok. Not magnificent, not let's build a statue.

Can't even praise a manager who receives a lot of ridicule for making cup finals. Bloody hell.

Yawn. I never said he was Ferguson in bald Dutch form, just that in making his 3rd cup final before the end of his second season he was doing ok. Not magnificent, not let's build a statue.

Can't even praise a manager who receives a lot of ridicule for making cup finals. Bloody hell.
They aren't playing like a team. They are playing as individuals who pull out moments when they need. Sure he's into a final this year but they have regressed and had a lot of luck along the way. Played just the two PL teams and struggled to get over one and were completely out played by Liverpool and got lucky. Again pulling out moments when they need. Luck runs out eventually and it has in the PL and did in the UCL

* that. I want a statue. The bloke's fantastic.

Antony goading the Coventry players after the shootout is beyond embarrassing.
Ten Hag “It’s not an embarrassment, it’s an achievement”
Antony
Sticking Tongue Out Ranking The Stars GIF by RTL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know some of you like to joke about giving ETH an extension but this is all just Deja vu. The same jokes have been made for the last decade. Until something drastic changes at this club, the same jokes will be made for the next unnamed manager in 2 or 3 years.

I know some of you like to joke about giving ETH an extension but this is all just Deja vu. The same jokes have been made for the last decade. Until something drastic changes at this club, the same jokes will be made for the next unnamed manager in 2 or 3 years.
Read the latest book on the Glazers and Fergie (behind the scenes not on the pitch), and I hear you.

It's wonderful isn't it?

OK, probably not for you to be fair.

ETH getting feisty and pulling out the excuses in his press conference today. He's using a deflected goal as an excuse. Does he not realise that Fernandes also had a deflected goal go in where the keeper dived for the original shot but it went the opposite direction? Guy is an excuse merchant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back