Multiplat Fallout 76

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing will top FO3 that game was GOAT...I’m in the minority that didn’t like New Vegas for some reason.

I'm with you. FO3 is the better game although I didn't not like New Vegas. I just didn't enjoy it as much as 3 which is probably why I have re-played 3 a lot more than I have New Vegas.

I'm not sure what I think regarding it being an on-line multiplayer game. Though I'm not going to automatically dismiss it. I remember when people were really criticising Fallout 3 before it came out because they were making it from a first person perspective. It turned out to be a fantastic game and one of my favourite games of all time. I will give this one a chance and see what it comes up with.

I'm with you. FO3 is the better game although I didn't not like New Vegas. I just didn't enjoy it as much as 3 which is probably why I have re-played 3 a lot more than I have New Vegas.
I like them both equally myself. Fallout 3 was a smoother game to play and had a lot less bugs, New Vegas had a lot more content and more interesting world to explore, but had a whole load of bugs which almost broke the game. If it wasn't for the bugs I would say New Vegas would be the best IMO.

Last edited:
What happened to a new Elders Scrolls title?
Quote from Todd Howard in 2016

“That's kind of like the elephant in the room, always, when we talk about anything, and I think it's good to tell our fans in these moments, yes, of course we are [making Elder Scrolls 6],” Howard said. “It's something we love. But it is—I have to be careful what I say—it's a very long way off. I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology—how long is that going to take?' And so it's something that's going to take a lot of time, what we have in mind for that game.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing will top FO3 that game was GOAT...I’m in the minority that didn’t like New Vegas for some reason.

I wasn't a fan of NV either.

Haven't paid it much attention. Is it going to be that MMO hybrid crap like ESO or something different?

it will involve some online but everything else is pure speculation until next week

Haven't paid it much attention. Is it going to be that MMO hybrid crap like ESO or something different?

It's all speculation and bed wetting right now but this was recently leaked on 4chan......

Here's all the info collected so far:

The vault doesn't open 5 years later, you revisit it and then the story begins just before you enter, you aren't a resident of the vault.
Release date is going to be late this year, if lucky it should be around September to October release. The vault is just going to be a n area. The online element is only co-op. There will be a maximum of 4 people, you also can't have companions when you have a maxed out 'party'.
I don't know too much about the gameplay, I know for sure it won't be a MMORPG, it is just a co-op online element which is what a lot of people wanted, it works very well from the demonstrations. Base building is there but it isn't enforced upon the player, you can miss out that entire element from the game.
You start in a solo mode, you can't do co-op for the first couple of quests. You venture in to vault 76 and that is the extent of what I've been told for the vault section. There is no hub like in Destiny.
The general gameplay is faction based - four main factions including the brotherhood and some sort of legion similar faction. The other two are just new factions which haven't been explored in the fallout universe before. The reason I've been told for that is because it is the most early addition of the game but to be honest they should've stuck with allowing players to faction with the enclave.
Some animations have been reused but for the most part there are many new animations. It was a big thing that was talked about during development.
From what I know it is based in both West Virginia and Virginia..
No vehicles, there is power armor which can be used to travel again however. It is bulky and literally the same as the Fallout 4 version, looking more new however.
The character creation takes place on the old pipboy overlay, as you pick it up you see your characters reflection and edit it. It is much better then fallout 4 in my honest opinion. It uses much more hairstyles. The general look of characters has been made to suit a more grim appeal, sickly skin and so on.

About SuperMutants:

They're not as common and aren't a really big faction in the game as before, you do some quests involving the master. Ghouls are still present however, they're a much bigger problem then the other fallout games.
Mod Support will be there 100% - a lot of the team spoke about making a ingame system to directly import them for Fallout 76 but scrapped the idea. It'll play like Fallout 4, not much has changed in those regards.
It starts with your character stumbling upon the vault, you venture through it and apply different skills and your appearance. For example, you will come across a pipboy and then edit your character after it has been picked up.
There isn't much character development or emphasis on a specific type of character, it is open for you to design your self. The karma system is returning but being renamed and has been reworked.

About the Master from Fallout 1

You don't directly interact with him but you hear about him within audio logs and also have quests surrounding FEV. It is quite a large sub-quest plot which sounds extremely enjoyable, I don't know too much about it though.

A lot of people here have said it to be similar to NV but personally felt like it had the same atmosphere as the older Fallout 1 game. The general look they're going for feels like it anyway. You will enjoy it if you liked NV though, but then again I can say the same for if you enjoyed any other fallout game that isn't 4. (Between you and me I thought Fallout 4 was a big fall in the franchise.)
Voiced Protagonist is there, optional to use it though. Dialogue is like Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
Same engine as Fallout 4, it is larger then 4's map as well and doesn't have as much water, maybe about 5% of the map is water based.
The dialogue is going to be more detailed compared to Fallout 4. A lot more options which is similar to the different things you could say in 3/NV or as well as I've said the first fallout. Yes, voiced protagonist is still there and will say large chunks of text which is why they made it optional to turn off and to skip through.
Adding to this, there is an entire quest line for the radio host. It has a nice easteregg of three dog in there as well.
No Vehicles, West Virginia and Virginia, same weapon types. One new weapon I know of is the PPSH, I'm not sure on it's variation. Enclave is present but you can't join them.
Easy > Normal > Hardcore > Survival, Survival is only unlocked once you complete the story, don't ask why.
There is some armor which looks similar to the related picture, they wanted stronger armor to feel lighter.
Only survival mode will have these elements, the rest are basically just for enemy damage, carry weight and how much you deal and the XP system being slower the higher the difficulty.
Weapon and armor durability will return, not much has changed with it.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but scanning through it I don't mind the path it's going down, and it's a far cry from the "chicken little" s**t that's been spewed everywhere since the reveal.

ESO was pretty good all things considered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back