Multiplat Far Cry 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh not looking forward to that then. I did John first and have moved onto Faith now. Faith looks dead-spit of my ex-girlfriend (give or take a few pounds) so it makes all the more creepier. Popping up out of nowhere trying to drug me and stuff.

Yeah I have done the least of faith but was surprised when she was hanging out behind a tree.
Jacob done but the grind for me was the space between each place. Which you would expect being up in the hills.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finished it just then.

Boy what a finish to the story!!! I knew the game was all about a cult preparing for the end of the world but the stubbornness in me kept saying “yeah yeah Joseph, full of it”, so obviously I resisted and when the world started burning and collapsing I was like “wtf”!!!!, the end is just you and Joseph in a bunker!!. Was pretty creepy though how radio stations were mentioning the US and North Korea and then what happened at the end with the nukes hitting, hitting close to home there. I thought all in all, despite the grind in missions, which overall would’ve been around 60/70 completed, the storyline was solid and loved the hope county Montana American setting, well done Ubisoft.

The music at the end as the credits role is bang on, very fitting. Now I’m just wondering what happens if I had walked away when Joesph gives you one last chance? Might have to YouTube it. Really the only reason I resisted in the end was because I had killed John, Jacob and faith so would be kinda stupid to get to the cut throat point and walk away.

Edit: Well after watching some videos on YouTube, there’s apparently a third ending? A secret ending that when at the start of the game, when you handcuff Joseph, you DON’T handcuff him and walk away and that’s it, so you actually don’t play the game with that ending!!! Jeez I actually don’t mind the thinking behind that one, almost like, yep Joseph is right, let him do what he needs to do.

Last edited:

this game seemed to die a quick death.

Was it not that good?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I grew to hate it, can't even be bothered going back and doing the final mission.

Was it not that good?

Game play was pretty good but it does not have a strong enough story line to keep you coming back for more.
I found the characters to be pretty meh but enough for me to want to finish the game for the trophies only.

Was it not that good?

its super repetitive and doesn't introduce enough mechanics as the game goes along imho. Partly i think because they allow you hit either of the 3 areas in whatever order you want.

I've only finished one farcry so its not to be unexpected tbh. It is the kind of game that normally has more content than it needs and they should probably focus on making the content good. And this is coming from someone who has played every single assassin's creed through to the end.

As an open world game, this might be weird to say... But there was way too much freedom. The story wasn't linear enough and there was no incentive or real indication how to maintain the story arc.

I had done most of my first region and I still didn't really know what was going on with the story.

I'd argue there isn't a story. I'm up to the main guy (and a few Jacob region side missions).. the fact I can't remember his name right now speaks volumes about how engaging the story is (and how s**t my memory is).

It's just a bunch of tiny irrelevant missions in a beautiful world. I got the most enjoyment out of the prepper stashes I reckon.

the bits where you get kidnapped were just ridiculous too. You walk around soaking up sniper rifle hits, blow s**t up and then suddenly you are kidnapped. Happens WAY too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game play was pretty good but it does not have a strong enough story line to keep you coming back for more.
I found the characters to be pretty meh but enough for me to want to finish the game for the trophies only.

how long roughly does it take to play through?

its super repetitive and doesn't introduce enough mechanics as the game goes along imho. Partly i think because they allow you hit either of the 3 areas in whatever order you want.

Pretty frustrating that you can run amok in one region, kill their damn leader, and just cross a bridge and all of a sudden you're forgotten. no more planes chasing you, you just become a nobody again. they should have made you hit each region, then increased the difficulty as you move to the next one.

I still enjoy the game but find myself taking more and more breaks between missions and moving to other games. I'd say to complete each region, you'd probably need to invest say 7-8 hours maybe? Not to 100% complete but to do enough resistance points to kill the leader

I've only finished one farcry so its not to be unexpected tbh. It is the kind of game that normally has more content than it needs and they should probably focus on making the content good. And this is coming from someone who has played every single assassin's creed through to the end.

And this is EXACTLY the thing I was worried about (hence the reason I didn't purchase FC5) because FC4 had the same problem. I didn't even make it halfway through FC4 before I gave up and stopped playing. It's excrutiatingly repetitive and just feels like a never-ending fetch quest. I have NO CLUE how people play this game through to the end.

Has anyone played FC5's arcade mode, or the zombies, vietnam and mars DLC?

So i picked this up today.

Played about an hour or so and must say I like it. The storyline seems like it is going to be pretty good and the gameplay/mechanics see, fine to me, but it is early.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

So i picked this up today.

Played about an hour or so and must say I like it. The storyline seems like it is going to be pretty good and the gameplay/mechanics see, fine to me, but it is early.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I’d do Jacob first as I think his zone has the weakest story out of the three.

so you can pick which zones/stoyline to do in any order?

Yeah once you advance the story line you have freedom to go anywhere and action what you want.
I went to the mountains first cause I wanted cheeseburger.

And this is EXACTLY the thing I was worried about (hence the reason I didn't purchase FC5) because FC4 had the same problem. I didn't even make it halfway through FC4 before I gave up and stopped playing. It's excrutiatingly repetitive and just feels like a never-ending fetch quest. I have NO CLUE how people play this game through to the end.

Has anyone played FC5's arcade mode, or the zombies, vietnam and mars DLC?

I've played the Arcade mode . A couple of fun little maps in there, i've mainly done the "get from one side of the map to the other" ones. All solo though. They were pretty fun.

None of the DLC's have been released yet though. Vietnam hours of darkness will be the first, which i'd assume comes out in June some time

I've played the Arcade mode . A couple of fun little maps in there, i've mainly done the "get from one side of the map to the other" ones. All solo though. They were pretty fun.

None of the DLC's have been released yet though. Vietnam hours of darkness will be the first, which i'd assume comes out in June some time

Haven’t approached arcade yet but how do you earn perk points through arcade ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back