Discussion Favourite Obscure Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Damo Crows Fan

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guernseys that were, say, used once as a promotion, or used as an away for a few years but never seen again. Post your favoursite random guersneys from clubs that YOU loved, but never really went any where. The ones where u see them on footyjumpers.com and think,

"Yeah, i remember that one...i liked that jumper that should of used it more..."

Port-PS-2000.gif

Ports preseason strip from 1997-2003. Colours changed, and design changed slightly over the years, but overall concept remaind the same. I really liked this one, but obviously the club was happy leaving it as a preseason experiment.

Adelaide-Clash-2006.gif

Probably my favourite crows away strip. used 06, then 07-09. Loved it, but we lost nearly every game in it, and was dubbed 'curesed.' Michelangelo Ruccio, a footy journalist here in SA, said it was becasue the backed resembled the Croweaters State of Origin strip, so we were receiving bad Karma.

North-Clash-2005.gif

NM Clash strip for 2005. Simple, effective, doesn't clash. Not everyones a fan af the white guernsy 'fad' sweeping the AFL, but i think if they look good, use em, and its not hard to get them right.

Brisbane-Heritage-2006.gif

Brisbanes 2006 Heritage round strip. Looks suss on paper but really really good on. suprising too me how good actually considering the reverse looked awful on the old Bears. Good looking one off.

The original Port lightning bolt hit its peak in 2003 when it had the traditional prisonbar back save for teal piping bordering the number panel.

I was never a fan of the uneveness of the front, though.

Mine would have to be Freo's purple haze jumper. I assume they've ditched now that they dropped the anchor.

I like the ones with a story.

Only jumper to kill a man.
Hawthorn-2.gif

Hawthorn 1933. StKilda star Fred Phillips was appointed Captain Coach of Hawthorn, and the dye from the new jumpers infected a deep cut on his elbow. He ended up getting blood poisoning and dying from the wound at age 28.

The jumper everyone hated.
Footscray-2.gif

In an effort to make the club more 'noticable' on the field, Footscray turned out in these jumpers in 1935.
At the end of the season a party of supporters was arranged to make sure the end of season dry cleaning was the last they ever saw of these jumpers.
They came back from the dry cleaners about the same size as the Little League jumpers. And Footscray returned to their traditional strip in 1936.

The Ugliest of the all
Hawthorn-Preseason-diamond.gif

This is the jumper I get the most emails about. And so do the Hawthorn Museum. And it was only ever worn once, in a preseason game they lost.
It was based on the Brisbane Broncos rugby jumper from the same era and doesn't belong on any sporting field, save perhaps Flemington on the back of a jockey. An intersting note, Shane Crawford owns racehorses, and these are his Owner colours.

Adelaide-Clash-2006.gif

Probably my favourite crows away strip. used 06, then 07-09. Loved it, but we lost nearly every game in it, and was dubbed 'curesed.' Michelangelo Ruccio, a footy journalist here in SA, said it was becasue the backed resembled the Croweaters State of Origin strip, so we were receiving bad Karma.

North-Clash-2005.gif

NM Clash strip for 2005. Simple, effective, doesn't clash. Not everyones a fan af the white guernsy 'fad' sweeping the AFL, but i think if they look good, use em, and its not hard to get them right.

absolutely love these two jumpers, especially the north one

never got the hate for them

I brought that broncos jumper in a op shop in tassie for 50 cents bloody ugly

I like the ones with a story.

Only jumper to kill a man.
Hawthorn-2.gif

Hawthorn 1933. StKilda star Fred Phillips was appointed Captain Coach of Hawthorn, and the dye from the new jumpers infected a deep cut on his elbow. He ended up getting blood poisoning and dying from the wound at age 28.

The jumper everyone hated.
Footscray-2.gif

In an effort to make the club more 'noticable' on the field, Footscray turned out in these jumpers in 1935.
At the end of the season a party of supporters was arranged to make sure the end of season dry cleaning was the last they ever saw of these jumpers.
They came back from the dry cleaners about the same size as the Little League jumpers. And Footscray returned to their traditional strip in 1936.

The Ugliest of the all
Hawthorn-Preseason-diamond.gif

This is the jumper I get the most emails about. And so do the Hawthorn Museum. And it was only ever worn once, in a preseason game they lost.
It was based on the Brisbane Broncos rugby jumper from the same era and doesn't belong on any sporting field, save perhaps Flemington on the back of a jockey. An intersting note, Shane Crawford owns racehorses, and these are his Owner colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought the Hawk diamond jumper, and the nephew's got one too...we're planning on wearing them at the next Hawks game in Qld...those who don't get it can sod off, those that do (supporters) will nod knowingly...:D

Not AFL, but I call the best jumper of all time as being the Tasmanian Devils VFL effort from 2003 to 2006...I'll try to find it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back