Favourite Richo Memory

Remove this Banner Ad

Was unaware that sarcasm was illegal. Besides, his reaction to it being a free kick basically sums up Richo. Never seen a more passionate, exciting footballer. But according to you, that's obviously the wrong perspective to have...
Could've said that earlier but you are completely right.

Two different opening rounds.
1994 v Footscray,stinking hot day but the day when you just knew that we had something very special as the baby faced Richo with the dicey bob style cut was jumping on blokes heads and running around like a big 2yo colt and kicked 8 out at Western Oval,most after half time from memory and nearly stole the game.

1996 V Essendon at MCG his return from that sickening knee injury.Admit it,in the back of our minds we all wondered???????? But bang kicks 6 and goes on to kick 91.

Too many to mention but as others have said the 200th against Port & the 7 in the wet against the Swans I reckon it was his first back from a hamstring as well. That goal when he took a bounce with wet ground and footy and drilled from 50 was pure Richo the type of thing he could try and would screw up or he'd pull off the miracle as he did that day.

Not only the footballer we're losing but the person I don't think in my time I'll see anyone pull on the yellow and black that is so passionate about it.

Richo was a champion, sad to see him go out the way he has. Would have loved for him to get back on the park.

I am sad to see him go, although it was inevitable.
Was robbed in 2008. He killed us in Round 22 and at least deserved a vote.

My Richo memory - Met him years back at a shopping centre appearance. Took in a clipping from the paper for him to sign - he'd tried to take a speccy at training and ended up landing on his head. He and Nick Daffy had a good laugh when they saw it. Richo said to me "I'm not trying that again!"

Up there with big Jim Stynes as a true champion and gentleman. Will miss seeing Richo play. Hope to see him still involved in the game in another capacity.

Oh we all this moment would come and it sucks...................

MIne is rich vs bris.

him a voss we're going for the ball richo swooped on the ball dodged voss and ran in and kicked either a goal or into our 50, i can't remember, but he just looked way strong like no one could stop him!!!!

Mine would have to be a Friday night game against Collingwood he missed 2 goals from close range and the Collingwood supporters were giving him heaps late in the game he took a mark quickly played on and kicked the winning goal as only he could the headlines on Saturday morning read " Richo giveth Richo takes away " .

He was the Phar Lap of the RFC, he has a heart and lungs the size of a bloody horse. It's a shame we couldn't all go to a send-off game for the big fella.

Watching the Tigers without him just isn't the same :( Pity he couldn't get to the 300.

Cheers. I thought it was Hawthorn halfway through but remembered that horrible jumper we wore against Carlton. Did we win that match? I don't remember (which probably means I've tried to shut it out of my memory).

Watching that made me want one thing.

I WANT ANOTHER RICHO!!!:(:(

Hopefully, now that he has retired he can put his effort into being the sire of a few !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many Richo memories, his 10 versus the doggies, speckies everywhere but I think one of my favourite moments would have to be Richo's 5th goal against the Dons after the 3 qtr time siren in the R22 game in 2001, week b4 the finals. We were 16 points up, Richo had marked 45 out on the boundary on the Southern Stand side kicking to the city end and he went back and absolutely shanked the ball off the boot (I was sitting 3 rows behind his kick) and the crowd started to give it to him before in Richo-esque fashion the ball swung about 20 metres back to the left and straight throw the big sticks. The crowd went ballistic, Richo was pumped and we secured a top four berth.... simply magic!!!!

I have the "Matthew Mark" backpage of the HUN. Also got the "Richo kicks Dogs' behinds" when he got 10.3 to their 10.23. But alas I don't have a scanner.

I am sad to see him go, although it was inevitable.
Was robbed in 2008. He killed us in Round 22 and at least deserved a vote.

I don't think you'll even find any Richmond supporters who agree with you - he was pretty poor that day. Did not deserve a vote.
He was as bad as Woewodin in Rd 22 in 2000......oh, wait:cool:.

We were all wishing for the fairy tale that Brownlow (is Cooney the most anonymous medallist ever?).

Gee, he won us a lot of games over the years. I remember the Gary Hocking 'Whiskas' game - he kicked 6, took a huge screamer and dominated the game.

That was the thing about Richo - when he was BOG, he was clearly BOG - no arguments. His best was as good as anyone in the league - Lockett, Dunstall, Carey, Brereton.

Too many memories, but if anyone can help find either of these pics feel free.

The one of Richo just after kicking a goal, both arms raised in the air, fingers pointed, and with Wayne Campbell and someone else jumped on his back in absolute raptures.

Richo, Tiv and Darren Gaspar on a fishing trip and I think it was Tiv (maybe Gas) is holding a big fish, and all three have got mouths and eyes wide open - just says something to me.

The worst thing is that this was such a sh!t year that this almost seems poignant, rather than tragic. Vale big guy.

I don't think you'll even find any Richmond supporters who agree with you - he was pretty poor that day. Did not deserve a vote.
He was as bad as Woewodin in Rd 22 in 2000......oh, wait:cool:.

Got it mixed up with the other game against us where he kicked 5 goals.
Still would have been a deserving winner.
Woey pulled that medal out of his arse. Was happy for him, but felt Scott West was a more deserving winner that year.

I remember going to pre-season training in late 1992 and seeing this young skinny kid with an undercut stretching on the boundary fence with a few other rookies, he looked overawed by the crowd, turns out it was Richo.

I also ran into him at the windsor hotel and told him that my mum loved him like a son, he laughed and said "Yeah I get that a bit", then he got his photo taken with about 20 girls, and I went back and stood with my mate in the corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back