Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you read the article? It's not about "them all" either.
Of course.
I wasn't sure if you did as there wasn't any comment from you except the link in your post.
I have seen 'all' the ads and can't see how they base the article on any.
Those articles annoy me as they are opinion based on little 'facts'.
FYI, I am not a huge supporter of those type of ads as not sure they are that affective but dislike poor reporting more.

Of course.
I wasn't sure if you did as there wasn't any comment from you except the link in your post.
I have seen 'all' the ads and can't see how they base the article on any.
Those articles annoy me as they are opinion based on little 'facts'.
FYI, I am not a huge supporter of those type of ads as not sure they are that affective but dislike poor reporting more.

The article mentions those ads but it's not about those ads. Maybe read it again? Gee, you people are exhausting.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...an-men-per-year-but-pay-gap-narrowing/9159468

It’s narrowed, but there is still a gap

“Men have fatter pay packets in every category, with a gap of 8.4 per cent or an average $6,472 for clerical and administrative workers, to 26.7 per cent for technicians and trades workers worth an average $28,042.”

One thing I’ve told young women in the workforce, ask for that pay rise, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...an-men-per-year-but-pay-gap-narrowing/9159468

“Men have fatter pay packets in every category, with a gap of 8.4 per cent or an average $6,472 for clerical and administrative workers, to 26.7 per cent for technicians and trades workers worth an average $28,042.”

One thing I’ve told young women in the workforce, ask for that pay rise, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

Those sorts of stats don't tell the full story.

Sure, women may earn less per annum across a broad section of jobs but I think you will find that women, on average, work less hours per week and therefore, will earn less p/a.

I suspect the reason the supposed gap has narrowed is because, on average, women are now working more hours per week compared to previous years and thus, they will earn more p/a.

A more accurate depiction of supposed pay gaps could be derived from the hourly rate women get paid vs the hourly rate men receive for doing the same role. I think you will find that if any employer was paying men more per hour to do the exact same job(or vice versa), they would be in a bit of strife because it is illegal.

Last edited:
It's really not that hard. If you can't follow then you're not really going to be capable of any kind of discussion either.
Agree, it really isn't that difficult.
First line from your post:
"Boys are told in government ads that closing a door on a girl will see them grow up into wife beaters."

Agree, it really isn't that difficult.
First line from your post:
"Boys are told in government ads that closing a door on a girl will see them grow up into wife beaters."

You are too dense for words. That is one line of the article.

I have to put you on ignore for my own sanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not a thing.

This is what pushers of the gender wage gap lie continue to forget.

I think a lot of people genuinely believe it.

The author of that article is a 'Senior Business Correspondent' for the ABC. The question I have is, is he genuinely not aware or is he wilfully and slyly perpetuating a long standing myth because reasons. Pretty ordinary either way, I would suggest.

I gather meninists on my ignore list are behaving in the usual way - given I can't read what they have said, it is hard to argue with them.

However, Maggie5, cartwright, no doubt you are in the right, all strength to your arms.

haha classic

"i don't know what's going on, but i know who must be right"

soooooo typical

we can see how badly it goes when you dummies try thinking for yourselves, so can't blame you i guess

I got a pamphlet from my ALP member today explaining that the gender pay gap is also about women being in jobs like aged care, which pay less than the kind of jobs men are in.

So it's officially not about equal work for equal pay.

By the way women 40 and under earn more due to the education gap which nothing is done about, and also the former is a pay gap in itself.

This ad is laughably sexist. The targeting of boy behavior is also a concern. If they wanted to stop this where it starts, then abusive parents are the targets. Leave children out of it.
It was the article I was commenting on and if you had read my posts you would have read that I don't think that these ads serve much purpose at all nor are they really that affective!

It was the article I was commenting on and if you had read my posts you would have read that I don't think that these ads serve much purpose at all nor are they really that affective!

I think you miss the key point which is that they are harmful, regardless of whether they meet their intended objectives. This ad reinforces negative and harmful stereotypes and perspectives on boys and their behaviour in early age which is already a problem even from newborn stage. There was another sexist one, by ANZ, although it seems to have been pulled.

I think you miss the key point which is that they are harmful, regardless of whether they meet their intended objectives. This ad reinforces negative and harmful stereotypes and perspectives on boys and their behaviour in early age which is already a problem even from newborn age. There was another sexist one, by ANZ, although it seems to have been pulled.
Nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back