Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Then that must mean Lex Lazry is party to the feminist plots do you think? Or you could get a grip flea.;)

He's working within a system corrupted by feminism. Does it not turn your stomach to read the stuff BORG posted above?

The Commission agrees that it is unjust that a woman who, due to a disturbance of mind, killed more than one child, can rely on infanticide for one child but not the other. The Commission recommends the law should be changed to rectify this anomaly.

Rely on infanticide? These sick *s will bend over backwards to make sure women aren't held accountable for murdering kids.

He's working within a system corrupted by feminism. Does it not turn your stomach to read the stuff BORG posted above?

Rely on infanticide? These sick ****s will bend over backwards to make sure women aren't held accountable for murdering kids.
Nope it doesn't turn my stomach, sorry to say. Probably because I don't see the whole world is out to get men and can see reasoning behind some decisions. Lazry is nobody's fool and if he looked at all the evidence/information in the case and this is how he adjudicated this case, I trust him. Fascinating how some of you seem to see yourselves as more capable than experienced judges though.

Nope it doesn't turn my stomach, sorry to say. Probably because I don't see the whole world is out to get men and can see reasoning behind some decisions. Lazry is nobody's fool and if he looked at all the evidence/information in the case and this is how he adjudicated this case, I trust him. Fascinating how some of you seem to see yourselves as more capable than experienced judges though.
He's just following the law. It doesn't mean we have to like or agree with this law though.

Although some of his comments left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Particularly this line: "Justice Lasry described the killing of Sanaya as a "tragedy for you and everyone connected with your family".

Yes, what a tragedy for the poor mother... the poor mother who had previously attempted to harm her child, and then finally murdered them and instead of showing remorse tried to cover it up by blaming it on an already vilified community of people. Poor mother who gets to continue living her life.

Last edited:

Nope it doesn't turn my stomach, sorry to say.
It doesn’t turn your stomach that a woman murdered her 10 month old infant, tried to cover it up, and put blame on a man of African appearance got out of prison after two years?

Strange someone would admit to being ok with race baiting infant murderers.

It doesn’t turn your stomach that a woman murdered her 10 month old infant, tried to cover it up, and put blame on a man of African appearance got out of prison after two years?

Strange someone would admit to being ok with race baiting infant murderers.
That isn't the issue being referred in that post so at least pay attention otherwise this silly 'poor men' thread becomes even more of a waste of my time.

That isn't the issue being referred in that post so at least pay attention otherwise this silly 'poor men' thread becomes even more of a waste of my time.
That’s the crux of the issue. You are fine wth the judges decision as you said yourself.

He's just following the law. It doesn't mean we have to like or agree with this law though.

Although some of his comments left a lot to be desired, in my opinion. Particularly this line: "Justice Lasry described the killing of Sanaya as a "tragedy for you and everyone connected with your family".

Yes, what a tragedy for the poor mother... the poor mother who had previously attempted to harm her child, and then finally murdered them and instead of showing remorse tried to cover it up by blaming it on an already vilified community of people. Poor mother who gets to continue living her life.
Unless you have all the information regarding this case in front of you, as Lazry did, (not to mention many years of his experience in serious cases), then I don't think your view has anywhere near the validity his does.
This whole thread is not about engaging in a reasonable discussion-it's just a sook fest.

Yeah she deserves death, as a very hands on Dad I was disgusted in that sentence. Leftist feminism leniency, third wave modern feminists don't really stand for anything now days. Just a bunch of whingers who play the victim card and shout misogyny/bigot!!

Unless you have all the information regarding this case in front of you, as Lazry did, (not to mention many years of his experience in serious cases), then I don't think your view has anywhere near the validity his does.
Don't defend that. It's immoral. Poor post.

Mate, feel free to stop posting if your time is so precious to you. It's not worth much to anyone else, so you go ahead and get your own money's worth out of yourself.

Do you know any of the details of the case beyond what you read in the Hun? Do you really see yourself as more capable than a judge because you are a 'hands on dad'? Give it a spell.
The fact you tried defending the judges sentence proves to everyone your an imbecile.

Mate, feel free to stop posting if your time is so precious to you. It's not worth much to anyone else, so you go ahead and get your own money's worth out of yourself.
Top response flea. Happy though to remove myself again -I pop back in now and then and amazingly it's deteriorated more each time. How unfortunate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact you tried defending the judges sentence proves to everyone your an imbecile.
Lol. Funnily enough I'd have thought the reverse is actually the case. Here is an experienced judge who has been adjudicating very serious cases for a long time, yet you know better than him. So is he an imbecile also according to your logic? Our legal system run by idiots is that it? Grow up chubby.

Top response flea. Happy though to remove myself again -I pop back in now and then and amazingly it's deteriorated more each time. How unfortunate.

Just the hypocrisy of the old appeal to authority is incredibly boring.

"That's the law and he's a judge, so there can't be a problem."

Which might be okay if it was applied consistently, but it never is.

It should bother you that the Victorian Law Reform commission is actively working to provide legal escape clauses for child killers. You would think almost everyone who kills a child is suffering from "a disturbance of the mind", but they want to allow women to absolve themselves of responsibility for perhaps the most detestable crime there is.

I'm not sure if the thread has deteriorated. I think it's always been about the same, including your input. You're not above it.

Lol. Funnily enough I'd have thought the reverse is actually the case. Here is an experienced judge who has been adjudicating very serious cases for a long time, yet you know better than him. So is he an imbecile also according to your logic? Our legal system run by idiots is that it? Grow up chubby.
Reverse is the case, righto you lemming lets all keep walking off the cliff and defend it. Typical.

Just the hypocrisy of the old appeal to authority is incredibly boring.

"That's the law and he's a judge, so there can't be a problem."

Which might be okay if it was applied consistently, but it never is.

It should bother you that the Victorian Law Reform commission is actively working to provide legal escape clauses for child killers. You would think almost everyone who kills a child is suffering from "a disturbance of the mind", but they want to allow women to absolve themselves of responsibility for perhaps the most detestable crime there is.

I'm not sure if the thread has deteriorated. I think it's always been about the same, including your input. You're not above it.
Yep and the cynicism about 'authority' is equally boring. Of course the law is applied differently in different cases and that is a gpod thing- I am quite pleased that we have a system so sophisticated that it can differentiate between situations rather than calll every case the same regardless of circumstances.
I don't see that our system is trying to excuse 'almost everyone' who murders but it's reasonable to recognise that the increasing mental illness in the community impacts on peoples' lives in sometimes dreadful ways.
Lasry, from my readings on him, is a highly experienced lawyer and judge who has applied the law in a sensible manner many times, so yes, I am prepared to trust him on this case also. I suspect most of us commenting on it actually know very little about the specifics of the case whereas he does. So I don't see that as an 'appeal to authority'-I just see that as trusting an expert-a not unreasonabLe approach I'd have thought.

It's wrong that the perpertrator even gets this much consideration, which is just leniency in the end. Its a shame the judge doesn't care for the victim more. What prospects does someone that kills a child have, no normal person will accept her into society. Maybe she can come work for you Rimeo, dancing on rainbows with pink fluffy unicorns. Hope people call her a child killer to her face the rest of her days.

On an emotional level, she deserves a lengthy prison sentence. I want her to be punished and society deserves retribution.

On a pragmatic level, prison is aimed at correcting behaviour and making society safe through incapacitation.

If the judge felt she won't kill more babies and the behaviour doesn't need to be corrected because there is hardly any likelihood she will re-offend, those aims aren't necessary.

Society has a desire for revenge and I get it, but at 100k a year per person to lock someone up and with a recidivism rate hovering around 50%, in a lot of cases, it's unnecessary and often detrimental to society.

We do have to stop looking backward and look forward.

I'm torn, coz s**t like this makes me furious, but what would a lengthy prison stint achieve?

Last edited:
Has anyone actually made a serious attempt at connecting this to feminism? Or is it just talkback radio style sooking?

This is a shockingly lenient sentence, but Bayley was out. Other campaigners are out.

Posters are vomiting up stuff about Clementine Ford and 3rd wave feminism, but it's not relevant.

Has anyone actually made a serious attempt at connecting this to feminism? Or is it just talkback radio style sooking?

This is a shockingly lenient sentence, but Bayley was out. Other campaigners are out.

Posters are vomiting up stuff about Clementine Ford and 3rd wave feminism, but it's not relevant.
No relevance that feminism screams oppression and inequality? Or it only counts as inequality in one direction?

Yep and the cynicism about 'authority' is equally boring. Of course the law is applied differently in different cases and that is a gpod thing- I am quite pleased that we have a system so sophisticated that it can differentiate between situations rather than calll every case the same regardless of circumstances.
I don't see that our system is trying to excuse 'almost everyone' who murders but it's reasonable to recognise that the increasing mental illness in the community impacts on peoples' lives in sometimes dreadful ways.
Lasry, from my readings on him, is a highly experienced lawyer and judge who has applied the law in a sensible manner many times, so yes, I am prepared to trust him on this case also. I suspect most of us commenting on it actually know very little about the specifics of the case whereas he does. So I don't see that as an 'appeal to authority'-I just see that as trusting an expert-a not unreasonabLe approach I'd have thought.

It's not the judge that most people are outraged about, it's the commission actively working to reduce the punishment for women who kill their kids (and having some measure of success in doing so, albeit not as much as they were aiming for).

The pressure from the commission to create loopholes for women is part of a wider push to have women treated more leniently and with more sympathy in the legal system. It's related to stuff like our embracing of the Duluth model to explain domestic violence. Women can only ever be victims of men or victims of circumstances and shouldn't be held to the same standards as men, who are just naturally violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back