FFA Bid Book Deadline Next Week - FFA Missing in Action Again?

Remove this Banner Ad

McCrann

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...to-the-world-cup/story-e6frey4r-1225813319508

From Tom Smithies Article} The establishment of the new taskforce gives Football Federation Australia extra traction within government circles to resolve these and other issues said:
with a deadline of February looming to finalise Australia's "bid book".[/B]

That book must be submitted to FIFA in May but has to be completed by February to allow for printing and checking.

Indeed - that "deadline" is looming. Given the complete lack of anything palpable that we've heard in recent times, how on Earth is it going to be met with any credibility?

Either it's all getting quietly sorted out behind closed doors; all states committing to spending billions, the AFL committing to provide FIFA with free access to absolutely everything, free of charge, no questions asked - or it's looming as a shamozzle of epic proportions.

If it's getting quietly sorted out behind closed doors, I'm surprised there's been no leaks.

If they're close to a resolution by the end of this month then I can't see that there'd be an issue with an extension of time to get the final issues resolved before the bid book goes off to the printers. But negotiations, if they are happening, are conspicuously quiet at the moment. Surely someone would have leaked something.

Was that Lowey I saw hanging out of Rudds arse? :D

It's a catch 22 for the NRL/AFL, who have already been told that the World Cup will go ahead with or without their co-operation. Co-operate, and you will benefit from upgraded stadiums post World Cup. Don't co-operate, and the federal government will simply build dedicated stadia for the World Cup, which Australia can easily afford, being a 1 trillion dollar economy. As it stands, the NRL obviously will get more out of 2022 then the AFL. This is something the FFA need to address.

It's a catch 22 for the NRL/AFL, who have already been told that the World Cup will go ahead with or without their co-operation. Co-operate, and you will benefit from upgraded stadiums post World Cup. Don't co-operate, and the federal government will simply build dedicated stadia for the World Cup, which Australia can easily afford, being a 1 trillion dollar economy. As it stands, the NRL obviously will get more out of 2022 then the AFL. This is something the FFA need to address.

I dont think any Federal Government will be promising billions of dollars of taxpayers money on a sports circus with the already large debt becoming an election topic.

I dont think any Federal Government will be promising billions of dollars of taxpayers money on a sports circus with the already large debt becoming an election topic.

Especially with most states wanting a Commonwealth funded freebie out of it - I suspect that the Government task force is having more trouble on this front than with the AFL/NRL.

It's a catch 22 for the NRL/AFL, who have already been told that the World Cup will go ahead with or without their co-operation.

The NRL and AFL are already co-operating .

Co-operate, and you will benefit from upgraded stadiums post World Cup.

Absolutely no stadiums will be upgraded post wc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't co-operate, and the federal government will simply build dedicated stadia for the World Cup

No government is going to build dedicated rectangluar stadia if there is a greater need for an oval .

Australia can easily afford, being a 1 trillion dollar economy.

I literally cannot begin to explain how ridicuously inept this comment is .
Stimulus and general expenditure is already the number one election issue .
To put this perspective there was an article whereby Greece's per capita debt was about 130k .Australia's per capita debt is about $300k .Do you know about Greece ?The Reserve Bank is already refusing to lift interest rates , because reducing expenditure is seen as the most effective way of reducing debt .Just to clarify reducing Australia's debt is the number one priority as is it for most other countries in the the post GFC,stimulus package injected world .

As it stands, the NRL obviously will get more out of 2022 then the AFL. This is something the FFA need to address.

Why ??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL uses ovals, League uses square ones.

AFL's least developed Venues are Skilled Stadium and Aurora Stadium.

NRL's Venues are all under developed apart from SFS, Suncorp, ANZ and the yet to be completed Bubble dome.

AFL has decent facilites in their venues, some teams in NRL are using sheds!

AFL uses ovals, League uses square ones.

NRL's Venues are all under developed apart from SFS, Suncorp, ANZ and the yet to be completed Bubble dome.

AFL has decent facilites in their venues, some teams in NRL are using sheds!

The SFS and ANZ could cater for all 9 Sydney clubs in the same way that the MCG and Etihad caters for all 9 Melbourne clubs.

So Carrarra , Subiaco and AAMI are state of the art FIFA compliant not to mention Canberra or Western Sydney ?

Actually I was questioning the remark "FFA needs to address" the imbalance .
Do we know which way the imbalance will be at this stage ?
And why would FFA need to do anything ?
They haven't done anything thus far !

Not sure if it was this thread that I posted in, but I have rang the FFA myself in regards to the bid book and I was told there will be no public announcements until it is submitted in May - don't think any of us will hear any news next week.

That may well be the case - but if its all supposed to be finalised by next week as we have been told - then why wouldn't they publicly release this information?

If its good news - ie they've sorted out all the stadium issues, wouldn't releasing that good information and providing greater transparency be a good PR move?

I would think it would be - which leads me to think if it isn't released its because these issues have not been satisfactorily sorted out at all. Whether they be with the State Governments, AFL, NRL, stadium managements or whoever.

That will be my suspicion if nothing is heard next week. Surely the fact the Government did set a deadline will mean something has to be said next week.

Not sure if it was this thread that I posted in, but I have rang the FFA myself in regards to the bid book and I was told there will be no public announcements until it is submitted in May - don't think any of us will hear any news next week.

If we hear nothing this week I shall contact the good Minister Kate's office and ask for an update. The deadline applies to her special taskforce.

So you say that AFL stadia will be upgraded before the wc ??

I'd imagine that the MCG will be freshened up for 2022 if we host it. Apart from that, most of the venues aren't used by the AFL - if you count homebush that will be given an upgrade too should we host 2022. The NRL does benefit more from upgraded stadia post world cup then the AFL, which is unfortunate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back