Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

With the amount of bitching that goes on about 115 charges, that has to be our best work to date.

I'm liking this new criteria for success.

Surely supporters have a right to bitch about City's 115 charges? If they are indeed true then City has put a giant black mark on the league for multiple years.

My pleasure. I look forward to your thoughts on United going forward.
south park mob GIF

Surely supporters have a right to bitch about City's 115 charges? If they are indeed true then City has put a giant black mark on the league for multiple years.
Supporters can bitch about anything they want. I just wasn't aware before today that supporters bitching about your club was proof that your club was doing something right.

I wish I'd known sooner.

Supporters can bitch about anything they want. I just wasn't aware before today that supporters bitching about your club was proof that your club was doing something right.

I wish I'd known sooner.
Ah I see.

Pretty sure there is clauses in contracts about being a good person. Like if you rape someone, that breaks those clauses and gives clubs the option to terminate.
Much harder if you don't get found guilty.

I don't blame United for not sacking him, but you'd never want him representing your club.

Pretty sure there is clauses in contracts about being a good person. Like if you rape someone, that breaks those clauses and gives clubs the option to terminate.
Legally he was not found guilty though. Much harder to sever a contract without a conviction.

Much harder if you don't get found guilty.

I don't blame United for not sacking him, but you'd never want him representing your club.
You might face legal ramifications etc but United are a massive club with a lot of money. You take the hit on whatever legal s**t Greenwood comes up with after you terminate his contract. But you terminate that contract. He's a piece of s**t.

Thanks, Frank. I can't believe that I'm only just now hearing about this.

I was setting Ratcliffe's comments in context. Gary Neville, Rachel Riley and the United women's team treated the results of the internal inquiry with the derision it deserved. The investigation accepted the word of an alleged attempted rapist and ABH perpetrator without any evidence from the victim. United's official position became that Greenwood was not guilty of the offences. I believe that decision was wrong.

There's no new facts for Ratcliffe to discover and find out that Greenwood is a 'good guy' so could play at United again. He isn't and he won't.

Ideally yeah, but then the problem is that you have to wait for the investigation/trial to play out to avoid unfair dismissal claims, and then when the charges are eventually dropped there's not much that can be done.

I genuinely believe that when the charges were made public that United expected him to be found guilty and that he would never be coming back. The initial response was about as emphatic as you could hope for. He was immediately banished, fans with a MG#11 kit were offered free shirt exchanges, club social media posts about him were scrubbed, photo's taken down at Carrington, etc.

No denying though that when the charges were dropped they let greed get the better of them and thought that fans would accept a return if he'd been "cleared". As Frank Bunn mentions, it was incredibly tone deaf to expect that he'd ever be accepted back again after everyone had heard those tapes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manchester United were always going to get hammered by opposition supporters because the timeframe of what to do with Greenwood would not have aligned with opposition supporters timeframe.

”They should have sacked Greenwood on the same day the video/audio was leaked.”. Now it’s, “They only loaned out Greenwood because…. reasons.”.

Manchester United were always going to get hammered by opposition supporters because the timeframe of what to do with Greenwood would not have aligned with opposition supporters timeframe.

”They should have sacked Greenwood on the same day the video/audio was leaked.”. Now it’s, “They only loaned out Greenwood because…. reasons.”.
Probably more because they did their best to bring him back into the playing squad, and thought that they could ride out the backlash from their own fans let alone opposition ones.

The fact he is trying to deflect says it all really.

His defence of a billionaire wanting to use tax payers money despite being a tax dodger on the last page was just as weird.

There’s tribalism and then there’s just stupidity. Engage in some critical thinking ffs, even 99% of United fans know they’ve handled the Greenwood situation poorly.

Probably more because they did their best to bring him back into the playing squad, and thought that they could ride out the backlash from their own fans let alone opposition ones.

Sporting club does scummy thing isn’t a new development.

I might have to ask Chief about the possibility of a facepalm react emoji.

The years of dislike that you have shown me (which isn’t reciprocated) is some next level dedication. Hanging onto a years-long grudge like this isn’t healthy. 🤦‍♂️

The years of dislike that you have shown me (which isn’t reciprocated) is some next level dedication. Hanging onto a years-long grudge like this isn’t healthy. 🤦‍♂️

Oh mate I just commented that in my opinion you’ve said a couple of dumb things in this thread, it’s not that deep. Just tell me to piss off if you want, it’s fine.

We’ve probably interacted a handful of times over many years, I think you’re overreacting a bit but I apologise if I’ve given you the impression I dislike you because I have no reason to.

Oh mate I just commented that in my opinion you’ve said a couple of dumb things in this thread, it’s not that deep. Just tell me to piss off if you want, it’s fine.

We’ve probably interacted a handful of times over many years, I think you’re overreacting a bit but I apologise if I’ve given you the impression I dislike you because I have no reason to.

I am prepared to let bygones be bygones and a fresh start if you are. As you said, it’s not that deep this whole forum thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back