Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

You might face legal ramifications etc but United are a massive club with a lot of money. You take the hit on whatever legal s**t Greenwood comes up with after you terminate his contract. But you terminate that contract. He's a piece of s**t.

Man United can't terminate his contract with no charges against him.. While it sucks that they can't just dump him without a penny this system also affords protection for players falsely accused of a crime from being turfed out with no pay.

Only way to deal with it is send him out on loan and failing that put on gardening leave until his contract ends. Don't include him in training or any official club stuff.

Could also pay out the contract and tell him to f off immediately but that may play badly as it could be construed as rewarding Greenwood for being a pos.

Only way to deal with it is send him out on loan and failing that put on gardening leave until his contract ends. Don't include him in training or any official club stuff.

Even that and you'll end up with a constructive dismissal claim if it carries on.

Be the same as sacking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not if he keeps getting paid.
Becomes a bit murky. He could get access to club facilities but train away from the team. I don't think the club can be seen to be preventing him from getting future employment which could be argued if he is banned from the training ground. Easier just to loan him to somewhere that doesn't give a s**t like Spain.

Surely not if he keeps getting paid.
He'd argue that by not getting the opportunity to play he'd be missing out on goal bonuses, sponsorship opportunities, match bonuses etc.

It would be a pretty clear cut case of constructive dismissal.

This level of delusion isn’t a good sign. Brave for trying to win the game against Fulham at home?

They look a level below the likes of Fulham and Luton. Average squad but ETH isn’t the one.

Wonder if they go for Tuchel.

He'd argue that by not getting the opportunity to play he'd be missing out on goal bonuses, sponsorship opportunities, match bonuses etc.

It would be a pretty clear cut case of constructive dismissal.

I doubt he'd find a sympathetic judge. As long as United keep paying him, offer him alternatives (agree a contract termination, forgo a transfer fee so he can continue elsewhere) I don't see him getting much luck in the courts.

A publicly known abuser still getting paid complaining about constructive dismissal on 80k weekly? Lol.

I can see many judges not even hearing the case. Also Utd can then use legal tactics to delay the case until contract expires, job done.

Basically few will have issue with Utd ghosting hlm while honouring his contract.

This level of delusion isn’t a good sign. Brave for trying to win the game against Fulham at home?

They look a level below the likes of Fulham and Luton. Average squad but ETH isn’t the one.

Wonder if they go for Tuchel.

I doubt he'd find a sympathetic judge. As long as United keep paying him, offer him alternatives (agree a contract termination, forgo a transfer fee so he can continue elsewhere) I don't see him getting much luck in the courts.

A publicly known abuser still getting paid complaining about constructive dismissal on 80k weekly? Lol.

I can see many judges not even hearing the case. Also Utd can then use legal tactics to delay the case until contract expires, job done.

Basically few will have issue with Utd ghosting hlm while honouring his contract.

Judges don't work on public opinion or what seems right.

They work on the law, and the law says that Greenwood is not guilty of any offence and deserves to have his contract honoured.

If he is deprived of the opportunity to make bonuses for reasons other than football ability it is a pretty clear breach of contract.

What he did won't be a consideration.

Judges don't work on public opinion or what seems right.

They work on the law, and the law says that Greenwood is not guilty of any offence and deserves to have his contract honoured.

If he is deprived of the opportunity to make bonuses for reasons other than football ability it is a pretty clear breach of contract.

What he did won't be a consideration.

I think they'd look at the facts of the matter. Utd are still paying an employee 80k / week even though he brought the clubs name into disrepute. A known abuser complaining about receiving 80k / week is not going to be lookee upn favorably by many in the justice system.

I see many judges not even bothering to hold a preliminary hearing.

And even if they were such a case would be so low in the priorities of the justice system there is a reasonable chance it wouldn't be heard until his contract is over.

Pay him, ghost him and he done with the piece of filth.

Correct weight. As soon as the court case didn't materialise Manchester United had no leg to stand on to deny him his contractual rights, which they are doing.

To this day baffled Andrew Lovett didn't sue St Kilda after being sacked then found not guilty.

Correct weight. As soon as the court case didn't materialise Manchester United had no leg to stand on to deny him his contractual rights, which they are doing.

To this day baffled Andrew Lovett didn't sue St Kilda after being sacked then found not guilty.

Definitely. If it were me I'd give Greenwood option of staying on full pay but train with the reserves until his contract expires. Club to let him go on a free transfer if a club comes in for him that he agrees a deal with.

Or option b - here's 80% of your total remaining contract paid in a lump sum to mutually terminate contract. Barred from Old Trafford for the next 20 years.

I think they'd look at the facts of the matter. Utd are still paying an employee 80k / week even though he brought the clubs name into disrepute. A known abuser complaining about receiving 80k / week is not going to be lookee upn favorably by many in the justice system.

The facts of the matter is that he isn't a known abuser as far as the law goes. A judge would only consider him that if he was found guilty of an offence.

I see many judges not even bothering to hold a preliminary hearing.

Because you want something to be the case doesn't mean it will be the case.

And even if they were such a case would be so low in the priorities of the justice system there is a reasonable chance it wouldn't be heard until his contract is over.

So plenty of compensation for him.

Pay him, ghost him and he done with the piece of filth.

Get sued, and almost certainly lose.

Last edited:
The facts of the matter is that he isn't a known abuser as far as the law goes. A judge would only consider him that if he was found guilty of an offence.

Because you want something to be the case doesn't mean it will be the case.

So plenty of compensation for him.

Get sued, and almost certainly lose.

Sued for what? He is getting his contract paid out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back