FFA to take legal action against The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where you like to twist things around.
Barkley has stated that he believes that people are putting down Aussie Rules BECAUSE it is Australia - ie "culture cringe". I dont believe he has advocated that other sports are inferior because they are Foreign.
In fact I believe he is a strong advocate of Korfball.

Many of your other leaps of logic are equally faulty.

The problem is BSE interprets one's preference for football over Aussie Rules as putting down of the sport or "cultural cringe" as you put it.

The problem is BSE interprets one's preference for football over Aussie Rules as putting down of the sport or "cultural cringe" as you put it.

So do I to an extent. Some of the people posting here seem to prefer soccer because it gives them more cred while they are backpacking through europe. This seems to be the underlying theme of the whole world stage thingy.

Funnily while I prefer the home grown footy, I like motor sports a bit.
I like formua one, and I'm proud to see Weber doing well.
Strangely I followed local tourers for much of my life, but I just can't like the V8 supercars. Custom regulated specials pretending to be locally produced sedan's just seems to cynical. I don't think it's culture cringe....

So do I to an extent. Some of the people posting here seem to prefer soccer because it gives them more cred while they are backpacking through europe. This seems to be the underlying theme of the whole world stage thingy.

Strangely I followed local tourers for much of my life, but I just can't like the V8 supercars. Custom regulated specials pretending to be locally produced sedan's just seems to cynical. I don't think it's culture cringe....

If someone prefers football to Australian rules, or prefers a Subaru Liberty over a Ford Falcon that ain't cultural cringe mate. I don't football because it gives me cred; I simply prefer the game over Australian Rules. Don't confuse that with a put down for the game of footy or "cultural cringe".

Problems with comprehension?
What I wrote above does not imply that all soccer supporters, support soccer for that reason or go backpacking. It refers to SOME of the people POSTING HERE.

It's the whole obsession with "world stage" which seems to equate to bragging rights which becomes a bit perplexing.

No choosing a Liberty instead of a Falcon isn't culture cringe. I suspect putting OPEL badges on a Holden Astra is though, even though it is in fact an Opel ( and I see a few of those around ). Dismissing the locally built vehicles because they are Australian is though. Locally built cars have never been so competative, but they are struggling against "more trendy" European badged cars ( often built in third world countries ).

Problems with comprehension?
What I wrote above does not imply that all soccer supporters, support soccer for that reason or go backpacking. It refers to SOME of the people POSTING HERE.

It's the whole obsession with "world stage" which seems to equate to bragging rights which becomes a bit perplexing.

No choosing a Liberty instead of a Falcon isn't culture cringe. I suspect putting OPEL badges on a Holden Astra is though, even though it is in fact an Opel ( and I see a few of those around ). Dismissing the locally built vehicles because they are Australian is though. Locally built cars have never been so competative, but they are struggling against "more trendy" European badged cars ( often built in third world countries ).

I don't dismiss locally built cars simply because they are Australian; in my opinion I simply believe that Japanese cars are of higher quality, more reliable and have better resale value in the long run (all of the factual information available tends to support my opinion). I don't prefer football over Aussie Rules just because Aussie Rules is Australian; in my opinion I believe that there is no sport in the world that better combines the virtues of tactics, teamwork, skill and physical prowess better then Association football.

I don't dismiss locally built cars simply because they are Australian; in my opinion I simply believe that Japanese cars are of higher quality, more reliable and have better resale value in the long run (all of the factual information available tends to support my opinion). I don't prefer football over Aussie Rules just because Aussie Rules is Australian; in my opinion I believe that there is no sport in the world that better combines the virtues of tactics, teamwork, skill and physical prowess better then Association football.

Physical prowess:eek:, What? falling over & screaming for a penalty? So then at least someone can score. No wonder the crowds riot:eek:

Freedom of speech is important. A free press is important. The FFA and FIFA can take a hike.

Why are you bumping a almost 3 month old thread?

You made the same point on the roar, can you not grasp the idea that you cannot get away with printing whatever you so choose, without substantial evidence?

Why are you bumping a almost 3 month old thread?

You made the same point on the roar, can you not grasp the idea that you cannot get away with printing whatever you so choose, without substantial evidence?

Its the reaction, the suppression imperiative that irks me about Lowy and the FFA.

You people dont like being challenged.

I think when FIFA itself starts investigations into bribery we can be assured there is an issue with widespread corruption in the bid process.

Its the reaction, the suppression imperiative that irks me about Lowy and the FFA.

You people dont like being challenged.

I think when FIFA itself starts investigations into bribery we can be assured there is an issue with widespread corruption in the bid process.

Very likely. FFA's best defense will be that its no worse than what others are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who are you on the Roar?

I think I signed up using my real first name (so obviously I won't say it here) but I signed up, made one comment and then my laptop lost my password and I haven't been buggered enough to retrieve it. Still read it daily though.

I think I signed up using my real first name (so obviously I won't say it here) but I signed up, made one comment and then my laptop lost my password and I haven't been buggered enough to retrieve it. Still read it daily though.

Interestingly, I think the whole World Cup Bid "fiasco" has brought more Aussie Rules folk onto "The Roar" than there used to be.

There seems to have been a gradual increase over the past 2 years in the number of articles related to Australian Football.

Interestingly, I think the whole World Cup Bid "fiasco" has brought more Aussie Rules folk onto "The Roar" than there used to be.

There seems to have been a gradual increase over the past 2 years in the number of articles related to Australian Football.

Except they are being moderated out of existence on the Roar. The soccer posters acting like little babies must report the AFL posters. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back