Multiplat FIFA 17

Remove this Banner Ad

One year it's about pace, the next about strength, and they rotate.

I expect this year's iteration to focus heavily on speed, as I believe (from memory), 16 was all about strength.

Nice to see a new graphics engine, but the graphics have never been the issue. It's always looked good/polished. It's everything else they should worry about.

Is it just me or was 16 not fun at all to play?

With all the increased realism it comes at the cost of fun factor.

13 was the best in the last 5 years IMO. 15 was also great on last gen but not as good on current gen.

it wasnt fun at all. it was horrific unless you wanted to play the same way as everyone else.

park the bus, counter attack.
sit deep, win back ball
lofted ball forward
sprint, cut inside, fake shot
score near post.

every. single. game.

where's the fun in that?

i'll spent the next couple of months saying i won't buy it. then i'll buy it cos im a moron.

One thing that is a must and infuriates me every year in FIFA is the difficulty settings. Once you get the hang of the game it's pretty easy to beat the CPU, and you only really get the occasional game in a mode like Career mode where the CPU comes out and does okay. You raise the difficulty and suddenly the CPU never loses the ball no matter which team it is, and you're chasing the ball all game. Simply garbage and unacceptable with all the years they've put into developing FIFA into its current state.

That's my biggest issue. Professional and I'm winning comfortably, or atleast control the game and don't feel like I'll lose the game. Up the difficulty and I can't get the ball off the CPU and when I do I can't create any chances because I get shut down because the game has positioned players in the perfect spots to stop me. Incredibly frustrating and ultimately it's why i stopped playing FIFA 16, haven't played it in ages.

FIFA has really just become a game to play against mates while having a few for a laugh.

Agree on the difficulty issues. I boss pro and win most world class, but it's when the AI goes into beast mode on world class when they're trailing where I just can't cope. A couple FIFAs ago I was comfortably bouncing between world class and legendary but the fun factor was minimal because I'd only ever have about 30% of time on the ball. Generally I leave it on pro but I spend most of my time in FIFA on proclubs.

I enjoyed 16 when playing with the best teams. Passing and player control felt 'weightier' (if that makes sense) and less arcade, but IMO it doesn't translate well when playing with average teams. Passing would be a lucky dip and the players were just really clumsy. I hope they can find some sort of equilibrium here.

A rather insignificant annoyance but there none the less...
"Other results today...

Manchester United 1, West Bromwich 0
West Ham 0, Leicester City 1
Everton 1, Newcastle 1
Watford 0, Cheslea 1.."

And so on.

A rather insignificant annoyance but there none the less...
"Other results today...

Manchester United 1, West Bromwich 0
West Ham 0, Leicester City 1
Everton 1, Newcastle 1
Watford 0, Cheslea 1.."

And so on.
You can turn those off, I think.
Correct, they can be turned off.

Much better once it's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A career mode like NBA2K and I may consider it.

Agreed.

Will be pre ordering NBA before this at this stage.

Am i the only one concerned of what kind of impact frostbite is going to have on this game?

Will wait until close to xmas time before grabbing this FIFA.

Agreed.

Will be pre ordering NBA before this at this stage.

Am i the only one concerned of what kind of impact frostbite is going to have on this game?

Will wait until close to xmas time before grabbing this FIFA.
Graphics are the thing they should not be worried. The game looks good.

It's everything else they should be worrying about.

hopefully they do bring the managers into the game.. Would love to see a game and you can see the manger on the sideline yelling at the players or a reaction to a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back