Fight at last nights Carlton vs Richmond game

Remove this Banner Ad

You can cop a $400 fine for going 60km/h in a 50km/h zone (which everyone does) on double demerit weekend. This fine is laughable

The fact that people still seem to believe that Victoria has "double demerit weekends" is equally as laughable.

The fact that people still seem to believe that Victoria has "double demerit weekends" is equally as laughable.
The fact that you assume every poster on here is from Victoria is laughable.

It may come as a shock, but there are actually other states other than Victoria, had you heard?

But but Chris Scott said West Coast have the worst crowds...

No he said he wouldnt take his 5 year old to a West Coast game, you have to also remember he doesnt like playing finals at the G either.

In regards to the dickheads that spoil it for everyone else, throw them out and ban them from events. You would stop this s**t pretty quick smart.

Disgraceful

Why do we have to blame alcohol for every fight at the footy?

Some idiots just like to punch on because they are hot headed, if someone looks at them the wrong way, or yells out something they don't like, or maybe they are on ice or something.

I like to get pissed but I'm a happy drunk.

Because they were down for so long and the crowds dropped people forgot what a bunch of ferals they actually had as part of their supporter base.

Yes every club has some of that element. They just have more.
i went to a pies v blues game with a blues mate and even as a neutral, the blues fans were by far the worst supporters i'd ever heard

i went to a pies v blues game with a blues mate and as a neutral i saw the blues fans were by far the worst supporters i'd ever heard

Words aren't the same as violence.

Was only last year after the Richmond Hawthorn game 2 elderly men were viciously assaulted by Richmond fans.

Now this.

Plenty of other teams fans aren't appearing in the papers for this kind of behaviour.

Crucify yourself and your family and friends then for all the mistakes you've made in your lives.
What rubbish. We all make mistakes but very few of us make mistakes that include violent public assaults that deliberately put and intend to put individuals health and safety at risk. You don't swing at someone because you want them to enjoy the experience.

If the AFL were serious they'd insist on pressing charges.

There is recorded footage and I'm sure they could call for other witnesses pretty easily.

Whether or not the bloke who gets punched wants charges laid or not is of only partial relevance. Anyone at the game who felt unsafe or threatened for themselves or for someone in their care has every right to see this campaigner prosecuted.

Remember this wasn't some heated moment that got out of control, he went away, had time to think about it, and deliberately came back for more.

This, after the constant rhetoric about "just think", one punch and coward attacks, etc just shows what a paper tiger the league really is.

Some idiots just like to punch on because they are hot headed, if someone looks at them the wrong way, or yells out something they don't like, or maybe they are on ice or something.

Just a personal observation, but based on a lot of personal experience, a lot of people seem to use alcohol as an excuse to lower their inhibitions, in all sorts of ways, and what they do is likely to have been in their head (on some level) before they touched a drop.

On the topic of the assault....I'd consider it a police matter, and hope they throw the book at them.

I don't like sticking the boot in or generalisations and will defend the Tigers and their supporters. Commonsense, there's good and bad in every supporter base. I've been to games involving pretty much every side in the comp where there has been fights. Swans, Eagles, Dockers, Pies, Hawks, you name it. Last year there was a fight at Geelong vs Melbourne. We've had an idiotic supporter having a go at Clarkson from Port Adelaide. The bloke that went nuts at Gawn from Essendon { hey his human, again, we've all done stupid s**t )

It's no good pointing fingers and singling out certain organisations because every club is guilty and has their fair share of trouble. Both the players and their supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether or not the bloke who gets punched wants charges laid or not is of only partial relevance. Anyone at the game who felt unsafe or threatened for themselves or for someone in their care has every right to see this campaigner prosecuted.

This is correct. It doesn't matter if the individual doesn't want charges laid (maybe he doesn't want them because of fear of further implications?)
The point is, we live in a communal society, most of us don't want individuals who throw punches like that allowed to walk away with a small fine. It's not about the one individual, it's about society's right to feel safe with a justice system that actually punishes and discourages these acts.

Just a personal observation, but based on a lot of personal experience, a lot of people seem to use alcohol as an excuse to lower their inhibitions, in all sorts of ways, and what they do is likely to have been in their head (on some level) before they touched a drop.

On the topic of the assault....I'd consider it a police matter, and hope they throw the book at them.

To a degree alcohol can make you lose your inhibitions. And this can give your behaviours more confidence to dare, such as chatting up girls to punching on.

But like you said, people who are violent tend to have the mindset already, and then they use alcohol as an excuse/trigger.

To a degree alcohol can make you lose your inhibitions. And this can give your behaviours more confidence to dare, such as chatting up girls to punching on.

But like you said, people who are violent tend to have the mindset already, and then they use alcohol as an excuse/trigger.

Exactly.

Get to know some bouncers sometimes...The good ones can usually tell who is likely to cause trouble before they've had a drop. (and when people feel bouncers give them a hard time when they haven't done anything...that's usually why).

As you say though, it's not just violence, it's pushing the person's 'limits' in all sorts of ways...Having the courage to chat a girl up, and for girls, it can often be being willing to say yes (and yes, this can lead to potential 'issues' with sexual assault/rape, but that's another topic).

That footage made me get angry.
Can not believe he's not being charged.
Imagine he was hitting a woman like that. Still just a fine? I'm sickened.
AFL or Vic police can and should still press charges.
A dog attacks someone like that it gets put down...

Now my hatred of humans is sneaking in.
I've said what I wanted to. Charge the campaigner.

There is talk of a ban. How do they actually do that? I have never seen security checking photos of each entrant at the turnstiles.

What rubbish. We all make mistakes but very few of us make mistakes that include violent public assaults that deliberately put and intend to put individuals health and safety at risk. You don't swing at someone because you want them to enjoy the experience.
So you've never been drunk and punched someone?

They like to punch on because they have not yet met the right bloke.
One day this guy will mess with the wrong person and when he does, he will forever think twice before throwing the first punch.
It's just a reality of life.
Hot headed macho-driven guys always get put in their place at some point later in time.

If alcohol was involved, such repeat offenders need to be breathalyzed prior to entry no different to drink drivers and refused entry if they have had even the slightest drink.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back