Review First Qualifying Final, 2015: Box Hill Hawks v Footscray Bulldogs, 5 September 2015, 2pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone settle something for me? Very early in the game a Box Hill player kicking out from full back coughed it up going for a short kick that resulted in a goal. Was the Shoe or O'Rourke?

Strangely they look a bit alike for some reason, even though O'Rourke is about half the size of Schoey.. might be the hair I think o_O (Oh and it's madam, not sir ;) )

Unfortunately I was just with my one of those Shoey haters that looks for any reason to to sink the boots in. When I told them they had the wrong man, they turned to the bloke next to us who confirmed Shoe as the culprit. I told them they were both wrong but they wouldn't have it.

Thanks Madam.

Thanks for the report. A great win by our boys! Would have been better to watch than our seniors game. Congrats to the BHH:thumbsu::DSo pleased they won.
Always to good to read a comprehensive report..Well done..:D

At least the next match will be on TV so everyone will be able to watch it :)

Yes, Billy was very good today, a couple of scintillating passages of play! He has a few fans already too as I saw him signing some little kids jumpers at the end of the match :)
He is my youngest daughters favourite player. She is 12 and almost as tall as Billy Hartung!

Unfortunately I was just with my one of those Shoey haters that looks for any reason to to sink the boots in. When I told them they had the wrong man, they turned to the bloke next to us who confirmed Shoe as the culprit. I told them they were both wrong but they wouldn't have it.

Thanks Madam.

Schoey also turned the ball over directly from a kick in early in the first a few minutes before JOR's kick in went astray, but Schoey's turn over only resulted in a behind. That is why there was such confusion over the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone settle something for me? Very early in the game a Box Hill player kicking out from full back coughed it up going for a short kick that resulted in a goal. Was the Shoe or O'Rourke?

O'Rourke was the first, then Schoe did the 2nd.

The move from hf to the middle of Jed changed the game. We were looking slow in the middle and around the ground and to be honest a bit lethargic. Jed came in threw his weight around made a couple bone crunching bumps and tackles and the lift in intensity from the boys meant we kicked 18 goals to 8 from that point on. He was the impetus almost dermie like led the way with his attack on the ball and brought the crowd (yours truly included) into the game Kudos to the kid. Game changer i thought. Simpkin and hartung were great all day and Willsmore was best on ground with his 5 goals

Winners today were Williamstown and Essendon so Casey and Werribee are out and Box Hill and Williamstown are straight into the Prelims.

Next week's semis are:

Footscray v Essendon
Sandringham v Collingwood

We will play the winner of Sandringham and Collingwood (I think I have all that right :$ )

Wish Willy had been beaten today, would have liked to have seen them out in straight sets, they are troublemakers :straining:

I agree with The Four Pillars re Jed showing the way especially after another incident which left me furious. I've been tossing up whether to post the actions of a player having a look before not going for what should have been an uncontested mark however the support the player received from his team mates at 1/4 time was outstanding as was the way he turned his game around. Whitey was fantastic the way he spoke to all the mids and told them when you get called into a contest you must trust your team mates. He went on to say all players have moments of indecision but what matters is the ability to move on. Well to his great credit Dallas Willsmore did move on and was BOG. I really hope this game proves to be a career defining game because his ability is not in question. Yesterday his field kicking and kicking for goal were first class.

In addition to Jed showing the way I thought Marc Pittonet told Will Minson he was in for a contest and the Bullies' mids lost their arm chair ride. I agree with the best players as named but would add Mirra, Iles, Gordon and Evans. Spangh played a strong defensive game and won or halved most contests. Billy Hartung was crucial because his run and carry was needed to offset our lack of speed especially after Zac Webster was injured in the first quarter. Whitey is improving with every game and I'm now confident he'd step up if he is required in the AFL. After half time TOB was really good in marking contests and nearly took a number of strong marks before clunking a couple of beauties late in the game. Some of his ball handling below his knees and quick handballs under pressure were first class. TOB appears to be primed to elevate himself to new heights and hopefully is last quarter will give him the confidence to finish the season in career best form.

Another good win to the development team sees them in the GF. Ryan Exon was the standout BOG and Liam Tobin had an outstanding last quarter to ensure the win. I would have included Joey Fisher and Dalton Graham in my best six. Cracker Hardisty was heavily tagged but competed strongly all game. JML had a quiet first half, a good 3rd quarter and a very good last quarter. He has improved his output in the last month. I would have rated Langers as OK at best. He took a terrific contested mark in the last quarter but I was disappointed with the number of times he didn't work hard to lay a block to protect his team mates. In the GF I would like to see Langers leave nothing on the filed.

Manning up of the spare in the BH fwd 50 after the 20 min mark and in doing so stopping the sling shot , swayed the game as well .
Maybe the seniors could try this approach too.

We get sliced up on the rebound and give up a few too many easy ones fmm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back