Fitzroy Books

Remove this Banner Ad

Mighty Eagles, I enjoyed Jim Main's book as I like year-by-year chronologies.
Then again, I haven't met a Fitzroy book (or supporter) that I didn't like.
I've tried to borrow a copy from the State Library, but got to say found staff to be unhelpful to say the least.

I've tried to borrow a copy from the State Library, but got to say found staff to be unhelpful to say the least.
You must've been unlucky because the staff who helped me (mainly with microfilm) with my East Perth Footy Club research were very helpful.
I've seen quite a few copies of Jim Main's books for sale online, but I can't recall the prices.

You must've been unlucky because the staff who helped me (mainly with microfilm) with my East Perth Footy Club research were very helpful.
I've seen quite a few copies of Jim Main's books for sale online, but I can't recall the prices.

Yes the ones who are the fourth floor and help with microfilm are wonderful.

Unfortunately the two I dealt with a fortnight ago on the ground level couldn’t have cared less.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks, Mr Ripper, I've ordered my copy of Bob Beecroft's book.
Geez, Beecroft was a very good player for Fitzroy, with 291 goals in 96 games.
He seemed to "dine out" against Melbourne, with bags of 10 (in our record 190-point win in 1979), 9 (1978), 8 (1979) and 6 (1980).
However, I think Beecroft's best performance was the 10 he kicked in the Lions' brilliant come-from-behind victory over South Melbourne at the Junction Oval in 1978.
Garry Wilson booted 7, so the pair shared 17 of our 21 goals that day.

Just finished this..
1682418652107.png

Absolutely terrific read. Half way through Holmesby's book, enjoying it but Westerman's is a lot better. Highly recommend.

Thanks, Mr Ripper, I've ordered my copy of Bob Beecroft's book.
Geez, Beecroft was a very good player for Fitzroy, with 291 goals in 96 games.
He seemed to "dine out" against Melbourne, with bags of 10 (in our record 190-point win in 1979), 9 (1978), 8 (1979) and 6 (1980).
However, I think Beecroft's best performance was the 10 he kicked in the Lions' brilliant come-from-behind victory over South Melbourne at the Junction Oval in 1978.
Garry Wilson booted 7, so the pair shared 17 of our 21 goals that day.

What did you think of the book?

To be honest, Andrew, I've been flat out with work and haven't had time to read Bob Beecroft's book.
It doesn't help that I'm addicted to buying cricket and footy books and most of them - including Bob's book - unfortunately gather dust.
I also have copies of Russell Holmesby and William Westerman's books in the lengthy reading queue.
Also, being a part-time writer (Fitzroy's Fabulous Century and a few books on my WAFL team East Perth), I rarely get time to indulge my passion for reading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back