Competition Fitzroy Logo Conversion

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2011
Right Behind You
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Can GAGF
What I've been trying to do, but unfortunately lack the skills, is convert the old Fitzroy FFC logo, into a BFC logo.

I think the finished product would be great replacement for the current lion.

You guys do some wonderful work in here, so I turn to you all.

Example: Take this logo,

ru63gi.gif

...and try convert the first F to a B. Here's my shonky attempt.

2hd5n9s.png

Cheers.

Have a look at the new Bendigo Football Club logo. It uses B F C.

Also the club is Brisbane Bears - Fitzroy Football Club trading as the Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club, not the Brisbane Football Club.

Given the Fitzroy Football Club has been back in competition for four years in Melbourne, it's probably time the BBFFC/BLAFC looked at reevaluating their name. Unless BBFFC/BLAFC in its entirety is used on a New Era cap.

In 1996 the Brisbane Bears Football Club merged with the Fitzroy Football Club to form the Brisbane Bears - Fitzroy Football Club. Because of the long name they trade as the Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club and to keep the Lions name being used.

The Fitzroy Football Club you speak of is the same Fitzroy Football Club that was part of the AFL, without their AFL licence, which has still been having Annual General Meetings since the merger. They have now associated with the University Reds Football Club which are now the Fitzroy Reds Football Club.

They have now associated with the University Reds Football Club which are now the Fitzroy Reds Football Club.

No. The Fitzroy Reds Football Club (formerly the University Reds) no longer exists. They were incorporated / absorbed into the Fitzroy Football Club in December 2008.

The Bendigo Football Club logo is as follows:

bfclogo3.jpg

Too much like Carlton's monogram for mine. I wouldn't like to see Brisbane using it as some sort of acknowledgment to Fitzroy. It doesn't look like Fitzroy's monogram at all.

Was trying to explain to these other people what the story is with Fitzroy. The way that I read the Fitzroy website it seemed that the Fitzroy Reds were separate from the Fitzroy Football Club, and it was more like a sponsorship by Fitzroy of the Reds. However, you seem to have a greater knowledge of all things Fitzroy so I take what you say as being correct.

Was trying to explain to these other people what the story is with Fitzroy. The way that I read the Fitzroy website it seemed that the Fitzroy Reds were separate from the Fitzroy Football Club, and it was more like a sponsorship by Fitzroy of the Reds.

No. The explanation can be found here. As of December 2008 the Fitzroy Reds no longer exist as a separate entity. They are part of the Fitzroy Football Club. (formed in 1883)

However, you seem to have a greater knowledge of all things Fitzroy so I take what you say as being correct.

Well like quite a few others, I'm a current member and shareholder of the club.

Maybe it would be a BLFC, as that's the trading name.

I tried to squeeze in a BLF into the original style of the Fitzroy logo.
Not super refined, but feel like something like this could possibly work..
View attachment 1148208
Wow you necro'd this thread lol
You could maybe do "LFC" as in Lions Football Club, that would probably be the least offensive to Roy boys

Maybe it would be a BLFC, as that's the trading name.

Isn’t the official name the Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club because of the soccer team?

Or did that change?

You're probably thinking of Queensland Lions FC

Yeah, but I remember when the merger happened Australian Football had to be included in the name because of the Queensland Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back