MRP / Trib. Fletcher handed two-week sanction

Remove this Banner Ad

With his record, deserves it. Why the **** is he raising his knee into an opponent so far off the ball like that? FFS if it was in an actual contest he could maybe try justifying it by saying it was an accident. But that was just dumb and stupid.

Great player, but christ he's an idiot sometimes.

Not sure why there is anger at the MRP, he kneed him.

Perhaps we're entitled to feel a little anger towards HFC who may well have brought some attention towards it I'm led to believe.

Regardless, Fletch only has himself to blame.

Why all the hate for Muston.

From all reports he's a really nice guy :)

Anyhow back to the Fletcher incident, there is no doubt in my mind that Dustin knew what he was doing. I agree it was soft and if I had my way this kind of thing wouldn't be looked at. I think the game is sanitised to a point where it does detract from the spectacle. Though, with the rules the way they are, you just can't deliberately inflict pain on others in that manner anymore.

I understand your frustration, as we were deprived of Buddy for 3 games this year because of very soft suspensions. I don't agree with the way the game is going, but the MRP have made it pretty clear you can't do things like that anymore and get away with it, unless your Chris Judd...

Perhaps we're entitled to feel a little anger towards HFC who may well have brought some attention towards it I'm led to believe.

Have to agree.

Extremely soft but fletcher has too many priors.

Stuffs up the structure of our team - Probably means that Hooker plays on Tippett - Prefer Hooker on the half back line.

What a disaster !

they can argue that fletch went out of his way to raise his right knee... when he was turnng right n muston was running past fletcher(to the left). it does look like he stop for a split second.. corks him n then goes on his way

but even so its utter bullshit

Chris Judd opens a guys face up and gets nothing.
Rance punches Buddy in the face and gets off.
Fletcher knees Muston in the leg and gets 2 weeks.
Judd also has a history of dirty tactics and lieing.

Think it's pretty clear why people are angry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bollocks.

Judd gets nothing for busting a guy open, and Fletch gets two for that?
It seems the Kennedy/Sylvia incident has created some sort of alternate universe that the MRP visit from time to time.

In comparison to other incidents it might not be as bad, but it doesn't change the incident itself.
You're right, it doesn't, but the frustrations of the viewing public are based on factual evidence that the MRP simply are not consistent.

If that Fletch one was bad enough, the one in rd 6 where Hodge blatantly whacked Welsh to the back of the head was worth 3 or 4.

It wasn't, should have IMHO been a few points tho - and so should this one.
Which is the real irritation. The guidelines they set allow a massive range of penalties, from insignificant points penalties for fairly insignificant incidents, to big 3-6 week holidays. There should be so, so many tiny little points reprimands every week, but there never is, and one or two of them seem to get picked out as worth a week or two.

In comparison to other incidents it might not be as bad, but it doesn't change the incident itself.

I'd argue it does. The others incidents were deemed to be of too low an impact. I don't see how in comparison Fletcher's was forceful enough to warrant a 2 week suspension. That's not even taking into consideration the part of the body where contact was made.

Fletcher's incident was deemed to be of low impact.

Had it not been carry over points and his bad record, an early plea would have reduced it to one.

He got three activation points for intentional contact and I'm not sure how we can argue that.

So does that make this one wrong? Or the others?

I'd argue the others.
Yeah, others. And plenty of them too.

Let's face it, the MRP is a lottery and as much as I'd like to think it's not the case, it seems it does matter who you are.

Yeah, others. And plenty of them too.

Let's face it, the MRP is a lottery and as much as I'd like to think it's not the case, it seems it does matter who you are.

And problems continue. For the upteenth bloody time, all we want as supporters is consistency and fairness.

Fletcher's incident was deemed to be of low impact.

Had it not been carry over points and his bad record, an early plea would have reduced it to one.

He got three activation points for intentional contact and I'm not sure how we can argue that.

No, the other two incidents were said to be under the 'low impact' threshold, effectively too low to qualify. I'm saying that means Fletcher's was also not forceful enough to qualify for points.

But once they decided it was intentional he was in trouble.

Without the intent, the force might not have been great enough, but once the intent was decided the force didn't really matter.

But once they decided it was intentional he was in trouble.

Without the intent, the force might not have been great enough, but once the intent was decided the force didn't really matter.

So are you saying that Chris Judd had no intent !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back