Club Mgmt. CEO: Craig Vozzo - Letter to members, two radio interviews in three days - 17/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it good? Do any other clubs have their CEO put their two bits in on list management? Maybe the doggies?

I suspect yes, pretty sure Peter Jackson was heavily involved in the salary cap management when he was at EFC. I'd think it would be a key component of the role, signing off on various deals keeping on top of the cap situation / years / front-loading etc..

I suspect yes, pretty sure Peter Jackson was heavily involved in the salary cap management when he was at EFC. I'd think it would be a key component of the role, signing off on various deals keeping on top of the cap situation / years / front-loading etc..
Ah yes, Jackson. He stuffed our cap with the Veterans list gamble and the Mercuri 5 year deal. Does it happen at other clubs?
Hey Citizen Erased we know a top dog at a powerful football club who puts his nose in where it shouldn’t belong, hey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting... Expand/explain?

Ah yes, Jackson. He stuffed our cap with the Veterans list gamble and the Mercuri 5 year deal. Does it happen at other clubs?

I would assume the CEO is abreast of list management decisions and contract costings at all clubs. Tom Harley has been quoted in relation to Franklin's contract talks previously for example.

To what level they're involved would probably vary based on their background, given Vozzo has worked as List Manager and GM Football at West Coast I assume he's more interested in the details than someone like XC who didn't have that background.

equally as underwhelming this century as well

Daniel Levy at Tottenham
He's the Dodoro of the football world.
I can beat that.
Now you know that I follow Spurs as well but I am also a long time Dallas Cowboys fan and have had to put up with Jerry Jones thinking he knows how to run a football team for god know how may years. He had early success hiring Jimmy Johnson but then fired him after he won two Super Bowls over a dispute over who built the team and the hiring of players. They won another Super Bowl with Barry Switzer ( a Jerry crony ) in 96 while they still had pretty much the same side but it has been all down hill since with Jones as the Owner / GM . He undermined Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips. Now Jerry has both his sons in roles as well. 27 years this year Jerry you ******* tool.

My old man is from Aberdeen so naturally I follow them in the Scottish League but we are just the side that finishes second, third or fourth behind Celtic or Rangers most seasons.

At least my NRL side , Penrith , is having a bit of a golden run now and have are finally making the most of our junior system which is not always the case as it used to be a running joke that a side made up of former Penrtih juniors playing at other clubs could beat our first grade side.

Last edited:
I can beat that. Now you know that I follow Spurs as well but I am also a long time Dallas Cowboys fan and have had to put up with Jerry Jones thinking he knows how to run a football team for god know how may years. He had early success hiring Jimmy Johnson but then fired him after he won two Super Bowls over a dispute over who built the team and the hiring of players. They won another Super Bowl with Barry Switzer ( a Jerry crony ) in 96 while they still had pretty much the same side but it has been all down hill since with Jones as the Owner / GM . He undermined Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips. Now Jerry has both his sons in roles as well. 27 years this year Jerry you ******* tool.
Yeh Dallas won’t win anything as long as he’s calling the shots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can beat that.
Now you know that I follow Spurs as well but I am also a long time Dallas Cowboys fan and have had to put up with Jerry Jones thinking he knows how to run a football team for god know how may years. He had early success hiring Jimmy Johnson but then fired him after he won two Super Bowls over a dispute over who built the team and the hiring of players. They won another Super Bowl with Barry Switzer ( a Jerry crony ) in 96 while they still had pretty much the same side but it has been all down hill since with Jones as the Owner / GM . He undermined Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips. Now Jerry has both his sons in roles as well. 27 years this year Jerry you ******* tool.

My old man is from Aberdeen so naturally I follow them in the Scottish League but we are just the side that finishes second, third or fourth behind Celtic or Rangers most seasons.

At least my NRL side , Penrith , is having a bit of a golden run now and have are finally making the most of our junior system which is not always the case as it used to be a running joke that a side made up of former Penrtih juniors playing at other clubs could beat our first grade side.
Dallas. Ouch

I expect things to happen pretty swiftly now, no leaks as yet but I have no doubt stuff has been bubbling along in the background.

His responsibility to ensure all the things we couldn’t equip Rutten with for success are given to Scott.

• Footy manager in complete alignment with Scott
  • List manager in complete alignment with Scott
  • S+C gun (Is Murphy continuing? Haven’t heard a peep out of him recently)
  • experienced, onfield implementation players on the AFL and VFL lists to bring the way we want to play to life and lead by example.

Gut feel, Vozzo is about to do to Dodoro what Scar did to Mufasa in the lion king except afterwards there will be tears of joy.

I expect things to happen pretty swiftly now, no leaks as yet but I have no doubt stuff has been bubbling along in the background.

His responsibility to ensure all the things we couldn’t equip Rutten with for success are given to Scott.

• Footy manager in complete alignment with Scott
  • List manager in complete alignment with Scott
  • S+C gun (Is Murphy continuing? Haven’t heard a peep out of him recently)
  • experienced, onfield implementation players on the AFL and VFL lists to bring the way we want to play to life and lead by example.

Gut feel, Vozzo is about to do to Dodoro what Scar did to Mufasa in the lion king except afterwards there will be tears of joy.
The football club has lost the supporter base. You want to win us back? sack Dodoro SHOULD be his first bit of business

The football club has lost the supporter base. You want to win us back? sack Dodoro SHOULD be his first bit of business

Well that would be a step.

I dunno, I just have a gut feel that Vozzo is the type to sit back and let the season play out but as soon as exit interviews are done he will move very quickly.

Well that would be a step.

I dunno, I just have a gut feel that Vozzo is the type to sit back and let the season play out but as soon as exit interviews are done he will move very quickly.
Absolutely expect Dodoro being moved on as the first port of business

Absolutely expect Dodoro being moved on as the first port of business

When the coach has openly criticised the list, there kind of has to be action taken.

You’d think there would be news about Dodoro sooner than later. To allow for the replacement to engage with other list managers and potential recruits.

When the coach has openly criticised the list, there kind of has to be action taken.

You’d think there would be news about Dodoro sooner than later. To allow for the replacement to engage with other list managers and potential recruits.
What did he actually say about the list though?

I went and listened to it in full and the criticism was basically that the 18/19 year olds are immature… which kinda comes with the territory of being 18/19 years old. It’s not really tear it down and burn the evidence territory

What did he actually say about the list though?

I went and listened to it in full and the criticism was basically that the 18/19 year olds are immature… which kinda comes with the territory of being 18/19 years old. It’s not really tear it down and burn the evidence territory
  • we aren’t able to cover having our good players out
  • we have to improve our list
  • we have to improve our football department
  • hard decisions become easier - how that plays out to list management will soon become clear
  • they need to take extraordinary measures to start bridging the gap between us and the good teams
  • it’s unusual to have a list with only two players over 30 (think he excluded Flip there), makes it hard to have established leaders to lead the youth
Edit - he also said they will be making changes to the football department across the board

• we aren’t able to cover having our good players out
  • we have to improve our list
  • we have to improve our football department
  • hard decisions become easier - how that plays out to list management will soon become clear
  • they need to take extraordinary measures to start bridging the gap between us and the good teams
  • it’s unusual to have a list with only two players over 30 (think he excluded Flip there), makes it hard to have established leaders to lead the youth
Edit - he also said they will be making changes to the football department across the board
Most of that isn’t recruiting though. You can’t blame dodoro directly for S&C

Remove this Banner Ad

Back