Football Manager 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

FIFA Manager is the real deal and way more entertaining than Football Manager.
so why dont u piss off and start a fifa manager thread

you can discuss it with the whole 3 people out there that actually play that game, that is until they discover FM2011 :Thumbsu:

It would be if it didn't shit itself 1/3 the way through every single season if you happen to use an i7. Maybe they fixed it this year, but it's been there the last 2 years and that's enough for me not to buy.

It's a fine management game though, and it does do certain things better than FM.

This is pathetic, and would only be said by someone whom has zero understanding of the world game.

Simply having high graphical quality starts to get old once you realise how pathetic the game engine is and how completely unrealististic the entire game is gameplay wise. Gameplay is the most important aspect of any video game, and Fifa Manager fails at this at every level. Of course someone whom doesn't understand world football and the way a real game of soccer plays out could probably easily overlook this.

Football Manager is as perfect a simulation as you can find, it is the flight simulator of soccer management. Obviously not for someone whom puts flashy graphics at the top of their requirements for a video game.

Got it last week haven't had a chance to play too much, but first impressions are great. Agents being incorporated is great, the contract negotiating & also being offered players by the agent with an estimated price. Also really like how the board can step in a sign a player considered to be essential to the club, they negotiate the fee & contract for you which is great.

6 games into my Spurs game 4 wins & 2 draws. Signed Jack Butland (young english GK), Guarch (young Mexican striker), Fabio Cantrauo (spelling not sure, Benfica LB) and the board helped sign Falcao. Sold off Keane, tried to ship off Palacios and Cudicini no takers and they are pretty pi**ed with me. They have overrated Pavlychenko big time, he is first choice for me at the moment. Also Dos Santos and Bentley are performing as Comolli would of liked, while Van Der Vaat isn't scoring enough for my liking

About 15 games into my first season with Oxford in npower2, sitting with only 2 draws and a loss. Around 15 players all wanted a chat to say they were unhappy with different things. I said I would change my ways, a couple said they didn't believe me. One asked for a transfer. Surely they all shouldn't have come at once?

I made my own and dominated with Arsenal then tried to use it as Leeds with the new patch on. Thought Leeds weren't good enough to use it but the patch i think stuffed it up. Currently using a 4-2-2-2 i saw on the forums, i kind of alter the player instructions and the team instructions depending on who im versing etc. But for short periods of times i didn't change it and still played ok.

http://www.zshare.net/download/828509213dafa537/

the left FC is your poacher, right is the one who receives a lot of the attacking passes and sets up a lot of goals. What team are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I pre-ordered the boxed cd version of this ages ago (yes, i know, i paid...
shake.gif
). Finally arrived the other day and i cant install the game on my laptop. Keep getting an Install Anywhere error which reads ""Unable to execute the desired program. Please get another copy of the installer and try again". Tried everything - updated drivers, updated Java, updated DX, turned antivirus and firewall off, deleted all remnants of old FM versions, still getting ****ing error!

So pissed off. Posted on the SI forums and had Neil from SI reply that i should try turning off my anti-virus. Tried that Neil, still doesnt ****ing work!

That sucks and what a generic response from Neil.

Your copy should have a cd key in it for Steam. Do you have Steam? If not, get it for free at www.steampowered.com and register your cd key in the program. It's annoying because you'll have to download the game even though you own the cd but that should work. That's what I did because I no longer own the dvd (returned it to EB games like usual)

That sucks and what a generic response from Neil.

Your copy should have a cd key in it for Steam. Do you have Steam? If not, get it for free at www.steampowered.com and register your cd key in the program. It's annoying because you'll have to download the game even though you own the cd but that should work. That's what I did because I no longer own the dvd (returned it to EB games like usual)

Thanks mate - will give that a go tonight although it'll take friggin ages to download it I am guessing.

Depends on your internet speed. I knocked mine off in about 2 hours and mine isn't ridiculously fast or anything. Should be able to do it overnight easily.

What leagues do you guys run?

Almost finished my first season with Blackpool

Sitting in 12th after 35 games with 44 points.

My team is wildly inconsistent, but have achieved some massive results including beating top side Man U at home 3-1.

Marlon Harewood joint top scorer in the league with 24 goals in 31 appearances!!

My best signing has been Vadim Demidov who come on a free in the new year, guy has been immense at centre half. SO much better then anything that Blackpool start with and has 3 goals in 15 appearances all from corners.

Very excited about season 2, adam and vaughan accepted contract extensions and I have some great looking talent coming in as bosman signings including humberto suazo (what a name!!), chucho, Marco Donadel and a very good looking rb prospect named Daniel Wass.

Villa and Birmingham look they they will go down and Wigan aswell. If they do, I'll be raiding Villa for A Young and Cuellar. Birmingham for Johnson and Larsson and Deportivo look like they'll be going down too so Andres Guardado.

I've also had bids for Asmir Begovic, Simone del Nero and Mark Wilson accepted all on the cheap and in talks with Jason Cullina who is out of contract!! He would be decent coming off the bench and available for lowish wages.

There's some fairly good young talent expiring aswell I'll be in for once June hits like Patrick van Aanholt and Mark Randall and some guy named Kara who appears to be a Steve N'zonzi clone

Definitely will push for Europe if most of that pays off. I guess some will depend on who I will be able to sell. Will have some big wages like Pires and Rivaldo coming off the books after the season too so that should help.

Oh and I keep getting linked to the Barcelona job lol
I'll stick with Blackpool though.

I'll post my full squad before my first game of the new season.

Good stuff man, good to go a team like Blackpool and try to emulate the decent form they've had in real life. Begovic is pretty decent I got him for Leeds, couldn't get Culina a wp, good luck with Guardado i reckon he'll want a fortune worth of wages.

Look at this guy named Molina, pretty decent left winger and cheap.
If Sanogo hasn't been bought, GET HIM RIGHT NOW! Excellent player and hope he joins your club, if he won't now, check the next window as seasons progress i assume reputation of clubs go up as well.

I love raiding the relegated clubs, look at Dann as well as Johnson from Birmingham. I think a decent experienced CB to also look at is Ridgewell. Has some nice stats. Is Mark Wilson the right back or the one from Liverpool? The one from Liverpool progresses nicely. If you need some more signings let me know as I went Leeds and got myself quite a few nice ones. Still room for improvement of course but won the championship, then finished 7th in first season in the PL and now in the top 4 in the second.

Middlesbrough beat me to Roger Johnson, he was available for 3 mil! Scott Dann is on high wages or I'd be all over him.
For CB's. atm I have Mustapha Bayal and Ryan Shawcross in negotiations and a bloke named Ondrej Mazuch, all seem to be willing to negotiate though Shawcross is a bit expensive so I might grab the other two and rotate them with Demidov.
Failing that I have Woodgate available on a free as a last resort.

Guardado wasn't interested :(
Infact a lot of guns aren't interested, which is fair enough. I had bids for Hulk, Suarez, Zhirkov, Khedira and Ben Arfa accepted but they weren't interested. So I guess the goal is to raid the relegated sides and players from less reputable leagues.

I picked up a guy named Dimitar Makriev from some israeli club. The guys stats look very good and I got him for under a million. I recommend taking a look.

Also Bochum got relegated from the bundesliga. They have a bloke named Christian Fuchs who is just accepted an offer from me, based on his rating he looks like he'll be a top 5 left sided player in the premier league.

Wilson is the RB from Celtic. He is okay, but there isn't much better available at that position by the look of things.

Also I have Ignacio Camacho available on a free who is available for decent wages.
Patrick Vieira's manager offered him to me, which seems... unrealistic.

I'm probably a good rm and lb away from being satisfied, any suggestions on who I can get on the cheap?? How did your Leeds side look after promotion?

Also on Ridgewell, Fulham ended up getting relegated and it was because of him! On the final day, Wigan won and Fulham lost. I played Fulham and was down 2-1 after 20 minutes then Ridgewell got a red for violent conduct and I pumped them 4-2! As good as he is rated, I am very hesitant to go after him because of this. I tried raiding Fulham but they're playing hardball because Allardyce has a poor opinion of me :(

Can't get into this game, too many strange occurrences.

The transfer system is totally broken as the new player interaction system seems to make players unhappy too easily. As a result, you see players like Balotelli and Dzeko being sold off for under 10m, as well as older stars like Drogba being offered to you for free.

Moreover, you can't tutor most of the young players you actually want to because they changed the system from last year. I don't know why they did this, because it's ridiculous at the moment.

In sum, I probably won't play this until the next patch addresses some of these issues.

Just because he got a red doesn't mean it's always a regularly occurs (unless you checked his season stats out and he had 5+ reds). Probably for the best now you can get him cheaper/he'll have higher interest in joining you.

Tchoyi (sp) from West Brom is a decent RM/AMRC, Shawcross gets great plus he's english, always helps when choosing a squad.

Woodgate would want high wages wouldn't he? plus he doesn't look too great/injury prone probably.

Good cheap players: Fleck is a decent AML, Cairney from hull a good CM, Coleman from Everton a decent BR, Van Damme (hull) good lb, Molina good AML (can play right), Spence is a decent CB.

my team in the first season in PL was

GK: Begovic
DC: Johnson, Spence
DR: Coleman
DL: Van Damme
MC: Cairney, Cattermole
AML: Fleck/Molina/Guilherme (cheap as)
AMR: Tchoyi
ST: Christian Benitez, Guarch

second season

GK: Begovic
DC: Johnson, Ridgewell
DL: Van Damme
MC: Cattermole, Cairney
AML: Guilherme
AMR: Kalou
ST: Benitez, Guarch

Didn't get much money in season 2 for some reason but got a bucketload in season 1 when i first got promoted. Not a brilliant team but Benitez scores and sets up a lot, solid defence set up as well. Strong MC in cattermole and technically gifted Cairney (who can and probably should be developed into a winger as he has good crossing/passing/dribbling).

Go for Sanogo if you can though. He is immense, i had him for my Arsenal game. Yaya Sanogo that is, he went to Barca in the first season in the championship for me so no chance on him for me, but i've seen him stay at his former club for ages.

Can't get into this game, too many strange occurrences.

The transfer system is totally broken as the new player interaction system seems to make players unhappy too easily. As a result, you see players like Balotelli and Dzeko being sold off for under 10m, as well as older stars like Drogba being offered to you for free.

Moreover, you can't tutor most of the young players you actually want to because they changed the system from last year. I don't know why they did this, because it's ridiculous at the moment.

In sum, I probably won't play this until the next patch addresses some of these issues.

Didn't the recent patch fix this a little bit? I found it such an issue pre patch. You're like "good work" then they'd say "i better leave before i say something i'll regret"
*gives you transfer request*
very poor.
I got Balotelli second season for like 6 million. But he's an absolute douchebag. I play him heaps and he's sooking about nothing.
I wish I could get Dzeko for 10.

Sitting in my second season playing as wimbledon and varzim from portugal.

Signed an aussie called jay Lucas for wimbledon and his banging in the goals at the moment. After finishing10th in my first season im currently 4th after about 10 games. Hopefully looking for promotion. Picked up some handy players just before the window closed in nemeth, Vitor lima and a few others.

With varzim i finished 11th first season and have stacked my team with some decent portuguese talent but have about 3 dutch players joining in jan on free's. Currently sitting 4th aswell but within reach of the top side in the second division. Hopefully have both side's promoted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back