Multiplat Football Manager 23 & 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Put a couple hours into it yesterday... I like to create my own club in league 2 and go from there... Either that or start unemployed and see how I go...

I do struggle a bit managing anyone else but Arsenal or my created team.

Put a couple hours into it yesterday... I like to create my own club in league 2 and go from there... Either that or start unemployed and see how I go...

I do struggle a bit managing anyone else but Arsenal or my created team.
Haha yeah I am Arsenal.

Made three signings so far.

I'm really disappointed they removed the Touch (aka classic) version. I have not played for a few years and see they removed that version for FM22.

The full version is just too time intensive and gruelling for me.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it but I only ever get to play 30 minutes here and there so it will take me months to get through a season.

I really hope they bring it back.

In saying that, I started with Braunschweig in the 2. Bundesliga.

I was 5-7-10 and about 5-6 points from safety but pretty happy as I was playing quite well but just couldn't score so I should have been closer to 7-10-5... I assumed it would just turn around eventually and I would finish mid table.

Next minute I've lost 4 of my next 6 and the board have given me a month to turn it around.

Next game I lose 0-3 at home to our main rivals.

Eep.

Is it just me or is is FM23 pretty difficult?

I know that sounds stupid but I have never had such trouble settling in before.

I got sacked from my first role before the season was out, and I am 0-0-5 at my second club. Decent team, tactics that have generally worked in all other versions of Fm I have played from FM08 to FM20... but I am getting absolutely belted here.

I went 0-0-9 to start at my second club.

Kept the exact same formation and tactical set up except changes to a defensive mindset instead of cautious, balanced, attacking etc and am now dominating possession, have 18 shots to 10 and have since gone 3-3-1 and beaten 3rd and 5th.

10 pts from safety with 10 games to go though....

Is it just me or is is FM23 pretty difficult?

I know that sounds stupid but I have never had such trouble settling in before.

I got sacked from my first role before the season was out, and I am 0-0-5 at my second club. Decent team, tactics that have generally worked in all other versions of Fm I have played from FM08 to FM20... but I am getting absolutely belted here.
FM20 is the latest I have. Continually get the second (full) season slump. Sometimes survivable, often not.

Sacked twice within two seasons.

Shortest reign at a club is 195 days... longest is 210.

Mr Consistent 😎

Third shot at the 2. Bundesliga has just started with Hannover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting to that point of the year where FIFA just loses appeal and I go back to full time FM. Judging by this thread, it wasn't a very popular choice this year!

Have been slowly chipping away at a save with Barnet since release. Got us double promotions up to League 1, and just finished with our highest ever finish (19th in League 1). Not sure how but at the end of the season I congratulated my players and said we can improve , now they've all got the sh**s on with me saying I'm expecting too much and like 5 of my starting 11 want out :'(

Getting to that point of the year where FIFA just loses appeal and I go back to full time FM. Judging by this thread, it wasn't a very popular choice this year!

Have been slowly chipping away at a save with Barnet since release. Got us double promotions up to League 1, and just finished with our highest ever finish (19th in League 1). Not sure how but at the end of the season I congratulated my players and said we can improve , now they've all got the sh**s on with me saying I'm expecting too much and like 5 of my starting 11 want out :'(
There's too much of that stuff - puts me off a bit to be honest. Players cracking itnleft and right and centre over not much

Definitely have less time to play nowadays, last thing I want to be doing after real busy work days is cranking up more data on FM> I have probably had less long saves this time around. Cracked up a new Palace save which I'm having a fair bit of fun with so far.

Signed the Thuram brothers, Alex Scott, Donny on loan, Aaron the LB and Tyrese Campbell. Only 9 games into it but a Palace in Europe save could be interesting.

Probably a dead year to ask - but is anyone playing an expanded Aussie database? Want to sink back into this whilst I wait on AFL23 to get fixed and have a crack at the NT Premier League. There used to be some databases floating about but not sure about this season

Probably a dead year to ask - but is anyone playing an expanded Aussie database? Want to sink back into this whilst I wait on AFL23 to get fixed and have a crack at the NT Premier League. There used to be some databases floating about but not sure about this season
There is quite a few in the steam workshop but they're pro/rel databases not realistic ones.

Got back into a save on this last week and then remembered why it's so frustrating to play.

You sneeze at a player and they demand to leave the club. Half way through pre-season and half the club want to leave or run down their contracts over the most minor of conversations.

Got back into a save on this last week and then remembered why it's so frustrating to play.

You sneeze at a player and they demand to leave the club. Half way through pre-season and half the club want to leave or run down their contracts over the most minor of conversations.
Editor is your friend.

Definitely have less time to play nowadays, last thing I want to be doing after real busy work days is cranking up more data on FM> I have probably had less long saves this time around. Cracked up a new Palace save which I'm having a fair bit of fun with so far.

Signed the Thuram brothers, Alex Scott, Donny on loan, Aaron the LB and Tyrese Campbell. Only 9 games into it but a Palace in Europe save could be interesting.
This Palace save has been a heap of fun. Finished 7th, 6th and 6th so far. Won a league cup in there too. The new CL format worked in my favour in that 2nd season. Because of who won European comps being English, the PL 5th placed got a CL spot. And somehow so did 6th. So my first run in Europe was in the CL. Finished 10th in that new format, undefeated at home and just the 1 away defeat, won a knock out round against AC Milan before being knocked out in the QF by Juventus.

For 2 seasons had what could be my favourite signing in years, a striker from Udinese called Beto. Unfortunately his 50m release clause was triggered this season, replaced him with a listed Toney for 18m. But in his 2 seasons with me, 32 in 37 and 21 in 24 after recovering from a pre season broken ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back