VFL Footscray VFL 2020 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if the game will be televised today?
AFL website says it's on Foxtel and Kayo only for your TV options. Presumably your Telstra/AFL Live Pass will also work if you have one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the reports from the match day thread said Gowers was among our best if not BoG. So it's intriguing that he didn't even get mentioned among the best (above).

Could Porter be a late bloomer?

Hey fellas, a bit late but Lachie Young hasn't been on the injury list either before or after this game and didnt play in either trial. Anyone know whats up?

Anybody got some insight on how Darcy Cassar went?
Obviously kicked 2 but what about his impact around the ground.
He trained with the Hawks during pre season. Will Gould’s did an ACL and Cassar would be a like for like if Gould’s goes on the LTI list.
There was a fair bit of interest in him on our board previously

One of the reports from the match day thread said Gowers was among our best if not BoG. So it's intriguing that he didn't even get mentioned among the best (above).

Could Porter be a late bloomer?

i thought he showed a fair bit last year dogwatch.
This kid leaves nothing in the locker.
Great that Weightman was one of the best.

i thought he showed a fair bit last year dogwatch.
This kid leaves nothing in the locker.
Great that Weightman was one of the best.
Agree re Porter KH, his performances have been on a steady growth curve. In a squad with fewer gun inside mids, he'd be a lot closer to a senior debut. Pity he isn't a couple of inches taller though. The kid has some real grunt to his game.

Agree re Porter KH, his performances have been on a steady growth curve. In a squad with fewer gun inside mids, he'd be a lot closer to a senior debut. Pity he isn't a couple of inches taller though. The kid has some real grunt to his game.
I remember being really excited at how much of a steal we got when we drafted Porter. He was really impressive in his draft year, ended up right near the top in the agility test at the combine, and before being drafted he managed one game of 36 disposals (23 contested), 10 marks, 8 clearances, 12 tackles, 5 i50s, 2 rebounds and 4 goals. He is really strong in close quarters while being able to burst from stoppages thanks to his combination of strength and acceleration.

Really the biggest knock on him were his skills, especially kicking at speed. Reminds me of basically a far less skilled Bailey Smith I guess. Really hope he comes good, because I think he has a lot more potential than most of our fringe players. Extending him for a year was a good decision imo

So - for those who have watched him - how does Porter rank for pace?

Is he as fast over 20m as say JJ, Jong (supposedly our quickest), BSmith or Richards? Sounds like he's quicker than the likes of Wallis, Hunter, Macrae, Bont and Dunks.

So - for those who have watched him - how does Porter rank for pace?

Is he as fast over 20m as say JJ, Jong (supposedly our quickest), BSmith or Richards? Sounds like he's quicker than the likes of Wallis, Hunter, Macrae, Bont and Dunks.

I’d say faster than the Wallis group but slower than the JJ group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

With the resumption of footy imminent, could footscray field a team in the VFL when (and if) it resumes taking into account no afl listed players can be involved, or would the costs in the current climate prevent us.

With the resumption of footy imminent, could footscray field a team in the VFL when (and if) it resumes taking into account no afl listed players can be involved, or would the costs in the current climate prevent us.
Hasn't the VFL season be called off completely?

I think there was talk a few weeks ago that some stand alone teams were willing to play in a reduced competition this season.
not sure if that’s gone anywhere since

Remove this Banner Ad

Back