Game Day Footscray vs Werribee 1pm Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty to like about the effort today, especially impressed with the last 10 minutes of the second quarter into a howling gale. Some of the run and carry and skills were far above the opposition. In fact, our foot skills were very good considering the conditions. Grant positioned himself extra well and found space all the time, Cordy exc in first half but thought he faded after that. Jones did not show the strength or pace to get away from defenders and the same could be said for Big Jack but he did lead and mark on his chest in q3.

Last edited:
was on the fence in front of where Daw got injured
Young gave him bit of a bump when he went up for a one handed mark
and heard CRACK when he landed on the ground, was screaming when he was on the ground

Jong was an animal early, Tutt was very good all day
Honeychurch wasn't too bad, saw him spear tackle an opponent
thought we slowed down a bit in the 2nd quarter
Roberts was excellent, beat a few Werribee players 2 on 1 against him

Apparently Wells hurt for North Ballarat too, bad day for the Roos

Seems to be just a corky.

NM Twitter claims he'll be right for next week. Probably another run in the VFL though.

Nasty leg break. I was on the boundary nearby when it happened and the leg just went out underneath him. Was in a fair bit of strife on the ground.

Thanks.

By all reports, seems to be a very bad one. :(

Jong was an animal early, Tutt was very good all day
Honeychurch wasn't too bad, saw him spear tackle an opponent
thought we slowed down a bit in the 2nd quarter
Roberts was excellent, beat a few Werribee players 2 on 1 against him
Yes, Tutt was a real positive; from that first game he has been a long and accurate kick and in those conditions his disposal was classy BUT we thought his tackling was much stronger and he stuck a few. Saw Scarlett giving Talia and Roberts some feedback and those two team well, Roberts was stronger in the air but again they both took on bigger players and defended solidly.

Yes, Tutt was a real positive; from that first game he has been a long and accurate kick and in those conditions his disposal was classy BUT we thought his tackling was much stronger and he stuck a few. Saw Scarlett giving Talia and Roberts some feedback and those two team well, Roberts was stronger in the air but again they both took on bigger players and defended solidly.
Roberts is better with the ball in hand as well

Talia doesn't have the same level of composure

yeah, Tutt put on some good defensive pressure
Jong faded a bit to, because a few passages he was involved in; he looked superb

Roberts had a pretty massive game in defense.
Tutt and Jong were both fantastic through the middle.
Cordy playing really well as the main ruck against Daw & Currie.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL

Werribee Tigers 0.1 2.5 4.7 10.12 (72)
Footscray Bulldogs 8.2 12.4 15.8 17.10 (112)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Wood 2 Maric 2 Gribble Currie Crichton Dale Bolton Daw
Footscray Bulldogs: Grant 5 Tutt 3 Cordy 2 Dickson 2 Greenwood Goodes Honeychurch Redpath Jong

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Harper Laracy Wilson Moore Dale Wood
Footscray Bulldogs: Roberts Young Russell Grant Tutt Jensen

Jensen was pretty impressive. I didn't really notice Russell out there which is a good thing since you shouldn't notice defenders.

2014 Peter Jackson VFL

Werribee Tigers 0.1 2.5 4.7 10.12 (72)
Footscray Bulldogs 8.2 12.4 15.8 17.10 (112)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Wood 2 Maric 2 Gribble Currie Crichton Dale Bolton Daw
Footscray Bulldogs: Grant 5 Tutt 3 Cordy 2 Dickson 2 Greenwood Goodes Honeychurch Redpath Jong

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Harper Laracy Wilson Moore Dale Wood
Footscray Bulldogs: Roberts Young Russell Grant Tutt Jensen

Jensen was pretty impressive. I didn't really notice Russell out there which is a good thing since you shouldn't notice defenders.

Sorry to ask if he an emergency for Bulldogs, where was Jones???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He beat his direct opponent in Warren (who BTW topped the goalkicking last year and came second in 2012 so he's not exactly a scrub) and did some nice rebounding.
might have been difficult for me to notice him, because I believe we controlled the play for most of the day and that Werribee was fortunate that it wasn't a real good day for Key Forwards

Fletcher looked superb, volley taps it over the line a lot
hoping that isn't something he'd be penalized for at AFL level

Daniel Pearce looked in pretty good shape to, not sure how much he got of it
but was moving across the ground quite well

Perkins did some nice things and who was #72? he was definitely up to the standard and marked cleanly on a few occasions. Jones put in but was looking for him to show something extra to force his way into the seniors.

Top 4 locked up now. We play Casey (H) and Richmond (A) whilst Willy play Nth Ballarat (A) and Sandringham (A) and Box Hill play Bendigo (H) and Nthrn Blues (H)

Nail second spot and get a home final @ the kennel

Jones presented pretty well, could have sworn he kicked a goal. Was also playing angry which is a good sign.

I am pretty sure he kicked one in first quarter

Who did Jones play on?

Only watched first half but most of time he had his direct opponent and someone else sitting 5 metres in front they weren't going to let him get a leap at ball, it stopped Jones but left them open to be cut up through middle with one down from contest most occasions

I had my wings clipped and was forced to down free booze and a roast lunch while following this on Twitter.

How did my boy Honey go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back