Fremantle FC V Camry Crows -=Who Will Win ??=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the replay of AFL Teams on Fox because I missed it yesterday.

David Parkin tipped us to win easily. :eek:

Lets not get too carried away !!

If that doesn't pan out I can always fall back to my original predicition :D

I am worried though, Adelaide are going to come out very hard I feel, we need to match their intensity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really understand why Adelaide supporters are downplaying their chances on Sunday. They've named a decent team, and one that is definitely suited to Subiaco. Doughty is a better shut down player than Johncock anyway in my opinion, and they have plenty of kids to provide run off half back and through the middle. Sloane, Cook, Armstrong and Petrenko aren't going to get a better chance than this.

Sure they don't have any decent small forwards, Douglas and Dangerfield will have to make do for them this week (which is definitely good news for us). But they have their best tall forwards on the park, although Tippett will have to ruck without Maric. Keep Tippett and Walker to 5 goals between them, and I'm not sure where the rest of their score will come from.

I still think Adelaide should be favourites but I tip Fremantle every week no matter the opposition, so....Fremantle by 19.

Chris25;17210847[B said:
]Don't really understand why Adelaide supporters are downplaying their chances on Sunday.[/B] They've named a decent team, and one that is definitely suited to Subiaco. Doughty is a better shut down player than Johncock anyway in my opinion, and they have plenty of kids to provide run off half back and through the middle. Sloane, Cook, Armstrong and Petrenko aren't going to get a better chance than this.

Sure they don't have any decent small forwards, Douglas and Dangerfield will have to make do for them this week (which is definitely good news for us). But they have their best tall forwards on the park, although Tippett will have to ruck without Maric. Keep Tippett and Walker to 5 goals between them, and I'm not sure where the rest of their score will come from.

I still think Adelaide should be favourites but I tip Fremantle every week no matter the opposition, so....Fremantle by 19.
Did you just answer your own question?

I meant more since Johncock was injured. It seemed before that they were relatively comfortable, but every poster who has ventured over here since hasn't been so. Personally I don't think Johncock is a huge loss, because he can be replaced (Doughty, Armstrong for example). Unlike Porplyzia and Knights.

Adelaide have shown in the past that they can win without a huge score anyway, and their defence and midfield are basically at full strength (all teams have underdone players). They are still the favourites going into this game for me.

It made sense in my mind.... :)

They are well confident over on their own board though, can't really blame them however.

yeah well, they are a top 6 side and realistically we are probably a 10-13 side at the moment. so let them be confident. i hope we can be this years suprise package

I did say "can't really blame them", although I just pissed myself laughing reading their board, apparently we're the arrogant ones. :eek:

Should we win on Sunday, the Adelaide board will make for some interesting reading :D

I did say "can't really blame them", although I just pissed myself laughing reading their board, apparently we're the arrogant ones. :eek:

Should we win on Sunday, the Adelaide board will make for some interesting reading :D

lol, you can accuse us of being a lot of things i.e loyal, defensive, passionate, stubborn, gluttons for punishment etc etc... but arrogant?:confused: wouldnt have thought that would fit our bill, not with our history anyhow

still feeling confident due to the fact we cover injuries pretty well. the carlton team that played last night we defeated at optus oval with half the team out 2 weeks ago. I know it was a practice match but it was the last hitout so everyone took it a bit more serious. at the same time obviously i'd be more confident had we had a full list to pick from.

just quickly aswell noone has mentioned the injury to grover. always seems to be a tough defender. do you blokes not rate him that highly?

still feeling confident due to the fact we cover injuries pretty well. the carlton team that played last night we defeated at optus oval with half the team out 2 weeks ago. I know it was a practice match but it was the last hitout so everyone took it a bit more serious. at the same time obviously i'd be more confident had we had a full list to pick from.

just quickly aswell noone has mentioned the injury to grover. always seems to be a tough defender. do you blokes not rate him that highly?

i think a lot of us thing groves is in his last year, and while he has been a warrior for us, and a great player, last year in particular he struggled a little. great player, but most are hoping or expecting alex silvagni to take his place.

I meant more since Johncock was injured. It seemed before that they were relatively comfortable, but every poster who has ventured over here since hasn't been so. Personally I don't think Johncock is a huge loss, because he can be replaced (Doughty, Armstrong for example). Unlike Porplyzia and Knights.

Adelaide have shown in the past that they can win without a huge score anyway, and their defence and midfield are basically at full strength (all teams have underdone players). They are still the favourites going into this game for me.

It made sense in my mind.... :)

I recall when Nathan Buckley was in the media..he was discussing Adelaide's consistency and said that its not about the players its about the system. I really dont see personnel being the issue on Sunday...we will come to play as we always do. The issue which saps the confidence isn the venue.

The ground does not suit our style, nor our zone. If freo can run and carry through our zone from their defence they are a good chance to score well on the rebound. We are ready for it having trained at a large ground this week and selected a quick side.

The non selection of Maric shows the expected dominance of Sandilands is over rated and we will concentrate on winning clearances and effectively conceding the taps. We should win in this area of the game.

Simply put we have the players to win if we can play our zone, force turnovers and use the ball well. Geez our game sounds more american by the day:rolleyes:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back