Fremantle & Ross Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

We wont. I would be very concerned with your teams fixture from rounds 2-11 though

So we finish 18th and Hawks finish 17th perhaps? :p

Us

West Coast
Brisbane
Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
GWS
Carlton
Sydney
Bulldogs
BYE

Yours

Port
Bulldogs
Melbourne
North
West Coast
Essendon
Richmond
Carlton
Adelaide
Collingwood

so not sure your next 10 rounds are much to be pleased about either

So we finish 18th and Hawks finish 17th perhaps? :p

Us

West Coast
Brisbane
Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
GWS
Carlton
Sydney
Bulldogs
BYE

Yours

Port
Bulldogs
Melbourne
North
West Coast
Essendon
Richmond
Carlton
Adelaide
Collingwood

so not sure your next 10 rounds are much to be pleased about either
Got this feeling you will lose a couple of 50-50 games. You alsohave the crows after the bye so yeah that's a certain win.

Still think freos 1st win might be north In round 5 at home. Still think Carlton and Collingwood are winnable at home. But yeah lets see how freo fare against port on sunday.

Got this feeling you will lose a couple of 50-50 games. You alsohave the crows after the bye so yeah that's a certain win.

Still think freos 1st win might be north In round 5 at home. Still think Carlton and Collingwood are winnable at home. But yeah lets see how freo fare against port on sunday.

Well teams that make the 8 earn it, so if we are to do so we will have to take a couple of scalps like we did last season for starters, win the games we should and pick up a win or 2 interstate so if either of our teams makes the finals it will be well deserved :)

Well teams that make the 8 earn it, so if we are to do so we will have to take a couple of scalps like we did last season for starters, win the games we should and pick up a win or 2 interstate so if either of our teams makes the finals it will be well deserved :)
lets me guess. you expect t beat freo in round 15? You also expect to beat the cats, hawks, crows and demons?

lets me guess. you expect t beat freo in round 15? You also expect to beat the cats, hawks, crows and demons?

let me guess, you would prefer me to say my team is going backwards, that beating Geelong and the Dogs last year meant nothing and pushing the reigning premiers to the wire didnt either?

I'm positive every match that we play we are a chance, and anyone who does not at least have some hope their team can win probably should not even bother watching. Given the soft spot Ross has for us I would not be surprised if we beat you, it has become quite the trend since he jumped off us ;)

let me guess, you would prefer me to say my team is going backwards, that beating Geelong and the Dogs last year meant nothing and pushing the reigning premiers to the wire didnt either?

I'm positive every match that we play we are a chance, and anyone who does not at least have some hope their team can win probably should not even bother watching. Given the soft spot Ross has for us I would not be surprised if we beat you, it has become quite the trend since he jumped off us ;)
I just find it funny you and your fellow saints fans decide to sink the boots in when freo struggled in 2016. Again, your team won a few close games in 2016. I am curious what will happen if things turn south at the saints this year.

Key word.... if.

I just find it funny you and your fellow saints fans decide to sink the boots in when freo struggled in 2016. Again, your team won a few close games in 2016. I am curious what will happen if things turn south at the saints this year.

Key word.... if.

twas called the CultofLyon. StandbyRoss and all that. Recruit a man all your fans think is the messiah, who will take you to the promised land, and still think he is a God even starting a season with 9 straight losses. That is what we mock you about.

Be positive about your team, I hope you are every single week regardless of what other fans say or the bookmakers may say. Heck Richmond were outsiders last night so the bookies arent always right. Be positive that Nat will stay and never leave your club, just be positive. But Ross is a snake oil salesman who inherits good teams, gets the kudos then when things go bad is not prepared to take the blame but simply jump ship.

I hope for freos sake what you say is true. However reading people's opinion on here there seems to be a reluctance still to accept what's happening. I have noticed more have come around in the last 12 months though.
Actually. most fans have had concerns for a couple of years now. What Igon says is actually quite correct, though, because there are quite a few opposition posters who salivate at the very thought of Lyon coming undone (amusing that most of them are St Kilda folks) and hammer away at their keyboards with what amounts to absolute rubbish.

Case in point - you said:
"I think the piece you are missing is pavs commentary on the weekend where he explained that skill does not matter and effort is more important under a Ross Lyon coached side."

Now is that really what he said, StCicatriz?
Change a word here, a word there, put a bit more emphasis on this rather than that... and a sentence suddenly has a different meaning.
Right?

Because we all know skills rely to a large degree upon confidence, don't we?
And we all know AFL players don't just "lose skills" overnight for no apparent reason.
And we all know the most skilled player in the AFL is pretty much rubbish unless he puts in some effort. Unless, of course, teams entirely comprised of Colin Sylvias is appealing to you.

So what did Pav and Ross really mean, do you think?
Reckon you can put away the electoral season political spin doctoring for just one post and write something honest?

Bad excuse, sorry mate
Actually, it's not a bad excuse. It was real.

Fremantle lost nearly twice the number of experience in terms of games as other other team last year. It's been pointed out numerous times, even in the mainstream media.

It's a factor. Always has been, always will be. Don't go pretending it isn't just trying to be tough or prove a point - Fremantle was hardest hit in terms of experience as a result of injury problems than any other club last season. Nearly twice as much as their nearest "rival".

You can't go around trying to lessen the importance of a factor just to make it look like your reason for the slide was the most important. Thing is, there were quite a few reasons Fremantle slid hard last year. It wasn't just one thing.

Injuries to our most experienced players was one of those factors. Pure and simple. Coaching might be another one. Depth, the strength of our playing list, interference by the club in coaching direction, all sorts of things can be discussed.
Just don't try to pretend one of them didn't exist.

But Ross is a snake oil salesman who inherits good teams, gets the kudos then when things go bad is not prepared to take the blame but simply jump ship.
Yeah yeah.

You know, to hear some of you saints mob talk, Freo had a list of stars in 2011 who were on the cusp of a premiership before we knifed that Harvey bloke and got in the snake oil dude.
Heh. A good team... wow. I wonder if anyone actually said anything like that about our list in 2011. I wonder what you would have said about the quality of our list in 2011.

Should we go back and check? If I go back on to the Saints board right now, am I going to be able to find a bunch of posts by Saints supporters in 2011 saying things like "wow, I really like Freo's list, I reckon they might be in contention next year!"
Where, from memory, did you put Fremantle in the "2012 ladder prediction thread" before you found out Ross had taken over?

Rather amusing that Fremantle's list in 2011 only becomes "good" when it's the subject of a thread about Ross Lyon.

Honestly... I reckon I get a bunch of you Saints supporters around for beers one day, let you talk for a few hours abut Ross Lyon, and then shovel the results over my rose bushes the next morning.
I'd have prize-winning Gloire De Ducher in less than a month. Although the stink would be a bit hard to take.

twas called the CultofLyon. StandbyRoss and all that. Recruit a man all your fans think is the messiah, who will take you to the promised land, and still think he is a God even starting a season with 9 straight losses. That is what we mock you about.

Be positive about your team, I hope you are every single week regardless of what other fans say or the bookmakers may say. Heck Richmond were outsiders last night so the bookies arent always right. Be positive that Nat will stay and never leave your club, just be positive. But Ross is a snake oil salesman who inherits good teams, gets the kudos then when things go bad is not prepared to take the blame but simply jump ship.
freo didn't make finals in 2011. They were 11th in a 17 team comp at the time. Ross Lyons 1st year as coach of freo was 2012. Just something to remind you.

As each round passes by, freo are closer to a win. As I said, I know which teams we are likely to beat at home and away. We just need a few guys coming back from injury and new blood coming in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually. most fans have had concerns for a couple of years now. What Igon says is actually quite correct, though, because there are quite a few opposition posters who salivate at the very thought of Lyon coming undone (amusing that most of them are St Kilda folks) and hammer away at their keyboards with what amounts to absolute rubbish.

Case in point - you said:
"I think the piece you are missing is pavs commentary on the weekend where he explained that skill does not matter and effort is more important under a Ross Lyon coached side."

Now is that really what he said, StCicatriz?
Change a word here, a word there, put a bit more emphasis on this rather than that... and a sentence suddenly has a different meaning.
Right?

Because we all know skills rely to a large degree upon confidence, don't we?
And we all know AFL players don't just "lose skills" overnight for no apparent reason.
And we all know the most skilled player in the AFL is pretty much rubbish unless he puts in some effort. Unless, of course, teams entirely comprised of Colin Sylvias is appealing to you.

Reckon you can put away the electoral season political spin doctoring for just one post and write something honest?

I think it's pretty obvious. I don't think they rate skill and disposal as highly as others. I think they rate effort and defencive pressure higher.

Why do you think confidence is an issue?

Yeah yeah.

You know, to hear some of you saints mob talk, Freo had a list of stars in 2011 who were on the cusp of a premiership before we knifed that Harvey bloke and got in the snake oil dude.
Heh. A good team... wow. I wonder if anyone actually said anything like that about our list in 2011. I wonder what you would have said about the quality of our list in 2011.

Should we go back and check? If I go back on to the Saints board right now, am I going to be able to find a bunch of posts by Saints supporters in 2011 saying things like "wow, I really like Freo's list, I reckon they might be in contention next year!"
Where, from memory, did you put Fremantle in the "2012 ladder prediction thread" before you found out Ross had taken over?

Rather amusing that Fremantle's list in 2011 only becomes "good" when it's the subject of a thread about Ross Lyon.

Honestly... I reckon I get a bunch of you Saints supporters around for beers one day, let you talk for a few hours abut Ross Lyon, and then shovel the results over my rose bushes the next morning.
I'd have prize-winning Gloire De Ducher in less than a month. Although the stink would be a bit hard to take.
Common concensus was that Ross inherited a good side but it was no where near the quality of the side he inherited in 2007 and had at his disposal in 09,10.

"St kilda light"

Perhaps you would be better off lecturing Rossy boy about spin doctoring, he has been in SD overdrive since the wheels feel off early last year.

However, no amount of sitting in front of mirror and chanting "I am the messiah and my game plan stands up under pressure" will cut it if he doesn't turn it around quickly (with a 60,000 seat stadium of more expensive memberships to fill).

Common concensus was that Ross inherited a good side but it was no where near the quality of the side he inherited in 2007 and had at his disposal in 09,10.

"St kilda light"
No, that isn't the "common consensus". A "common consensus" is when the majority agree on something.

To hear Saints supporters talk, you'd think Freo were a bunch of champions in the making and the '07 Saints were like the second coming of Christ until Lyon ran both into the ground.
More sensible people disagree.

No, that isn't the "common consensus". A "common consensus" is when the majority agree on something.

To hear Saints supporters talk, you'd think Freo were a bunch of champions in the making and the '07 Saints were like the second coming of Christ until Lyon ran both into the ground.
More sensible people disagree.
Did you not read our board around that time. Freo were seen as anything but a "champion team". Your club has generally been seen as the polar opposite by saints supporters.

No one thought lyon walked into a better side than our 09/10 side

The 07 side when lyon took over was seen as being over the cliff. People questioned if their best football was behind them and if lyon made the right move going to a team that had dropped off. Pressure continued until 2008.

Its bizarre you think this was not the case. It's honestly the first time I've heard anyone hold the view you do in that post. Strange stuff.

Did you not read our board around that time. Freo were seen as anything but a "champion team". Your club has generally been seen as the polar opposite by saints supporters... Its bizarre you think this was not the case. It's honestly the first time I've heard anyone hold the view you do in that post. Strange stuff.
You really need to be looking at what your mob is saying in this thread then.

And then at what I actually said, which was, effectively, that there are more than a few saints supporters in this thread (and every Lyon thread anywhere) are trying to make it sound like Lyon inherited a great list at Freo and has done nothing with it, and I said that it'd be interesting to go back and see what they were saying in 2010 compared to what they're saying now.

The implicit point being, then, that if I were to go look, I'd probably find they thought our list was s**t ... and only now are saying it was a "good list" because it reinforces their view that Lyon has destroyed it "like he did at St Kilda".

There isn't much bizarre about that - other than, perhaps, your comprehension skills.

I was also pointing out that you coming in here and saying Pav said "skills aren't important" is a little on the nose. Again, it comes down to your reading comprehension skills.
If one was to say "for now, water is more important than food", you'd be one to jump up and say "look! he said food wasn't important!".

See what happened there, or not?
Unfortunately, people like you are fairly common. Governments rely upon people like you to get elected.

Like I said, and like Igon said before me, Freo supporters do have their concerns with the club at the moment, and have had those concerns for a couple of years now. That much is true.

But don't for a moment think that there are very many falling for your bullshit.
Or at least... I hope not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back