Game Day Fremantle vs Geelong - Simonds Stadium 11.10AM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an amazing future-
Darcy - phenomenal debut Rising Star nomination? We have a seriously strong ruckman who gives huge effort, next year with another pre-season, resting forward and teaming with Sandilands - can't wait.
Cox - showed more repeat efforts than a few of his more seasoned teammates, he is a jet. As a Second ruck showed his all ground capacity.
Weller - Awesome display off half back with run and carry
Blakely - our best for mine, he is getting better and better, getting his own ball.
Deluca - faded, but what a first half

A young side getting overrun isn't disastrous...but against a side with one on the bench it's hard to feel much pride.

Really, really poor.

Has only ever played ruck. They needed him to play some senior footy and learn to play forward at wafl. We wouldn't be talking about him like this without that exp at Peel the last 12 weeks.

Griff hasn't been in the side for 12 weeks??
And we aren't talking about his good forward work today, we're talking about his good ruck work.

Only idiots blame a coach when senior experienced players like Spurr Johnson Hill Walters continuously turn it over.

Ross Lyon coaching is why we got close

And who is the person responsible for playing Spurr?

You're dreaming if you think coaching was responsible for been close. Geelong dominated us and the only master class was Ballas taking out Selwood.

I think the more experienced team won it on the day. Our young guys did the team proud even with a few errors here and there but experience will come and proud of the effort. I have to say it I think spurr needs to be dropped. He is a leader making to many mistakes and I have backed him in until now. Give another young guy a go

Pretty shocking last quarter, the 3rd quarter wasn't great either. There are some real hacks in this team and most of us know who they are at this point.

On the other hand we saw some really good signs from big Darcy especially, Blakely and Weller, Tucker etc which is promising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss.

Oh well though. Some good signs there.

Blakley, Weller, Darcy all immense.

Good signs from Cox, Tucker only ok apart from his goals which were very good. Deluca great until he copped a knock.

Absolutely piss weak by Kersten though. He is a useless campaigner apart from one or two times a game where he puts in work. I'd prefer Cox to stay in than him.

We scored 21 points in the second half, coming off a bye, when they had one player on the bench. You're the ignorant idiot pal. We we're extremely lucky not to lose the Richmond game the same way.

I'm not angry that we lost, simply that we stopped taking the game on and attacking after half time. In the last ten minutes we were playing like we still had the lead. It would've been great for moral to win that game.

Having 2 first gamers and 3 others under 5 games could have something to do with it

Only idiots blame a coach when senior experienced players like Spurr Johnson Hill Walters continuously turn it over.

Ross Lyon coaching is why we got close

Ross Lyon loves Spurr and picks him each week. So you actually can blame him. The players were turning it over because everyone is in defense and not up the ground to kick to. They were fine in the first half.

That Cox kick into the corridor which gave Ballantyne a go at goal and then he followed it up with beautiful long handball to set Weller in motion for the last F50 was brilliant.

Last quarter we barely fired a shot and Geelong missed some absolute sitters to kick away. Young team struggled under pressure once Geelong got going early in the last.

Most annoying thing was bloody TV commentators repeatedly saying this game is season defining for Fremantle.

Our consistent bombing into F50 in the 3rd quarter was just dumb and Kersten really needs a game or two at Peel; massively down on confidence.

Also Logue will be fine but that dropped mark followed immediately by him running past the ball was very bad.

McCarthy lost you the game there, absolutely no pressure, just watched his opponents walked past him all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back