Game Day Fremantle vs Sydney on a Friday night in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this to an extent. I will add a difference is our key forwards are very young. Add that to a lack of small attacking class and we have issues.
I have faith in Amiss and Treacy long term.
I’m 80% confident on Frederick being a good afl player for the next 10 years.

The rest of the forwards we have tonight?
Non of them will be in the Fremantle side in 2028 when this list build should be at its peak. They all need to be replaced/moved on/delisted.

I don't think anyone's been questioning the players heart or effort tonight. At most we're lamenting our (absolute) lack of class up forward. And it's exactly why Sturt's defenders (myself included) think he's worth more than his stats show. It's beyond deflating to watch our team have 3 or 4 opportunties at goal where we're unable to convert only for the ball to go to the other end straight through the middle. Especially early in the game. Sturt is one of the only players I feel comfortable with as he's lining up for goal.
Momentum is real. And if we convert a couple of those early ones we don't have the contagious effect where players are terrified to kick at goal.

Or maybe some like having the distraction of the game? You don’t know what they are thinking or feeling so stop speaking for them please

It's almost as if we're on an internet forum where people speculate.

I've never been at a game like this in my life. The game I'm at right now definitely seems like one where one of the other teams definitely has something else on their mind.

Swans had 2 on the mark in the ist qtr but maybe the rule was just brought in in the last qtr or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So long as we avoid injury I'll be fine. Fair effort to the lads for trying, just poor skills letting us down which I can excuse with the off field stuff

I don't think anyone's been questioning the players heart or effort tonight. At most we're lamenting our (absolute) lack of class up forward. And it's exactly why Sturt's defenders (myself included) think he's worth more than his stats show. It's beyond deflating to watch our team have 3 or 4 opportunties at goal where we're unable to convert only for the ball to go to the other end straight through the middle. Especially early in the game. Sturt is one of the only players I feel comfortable with as he's lining up for goal.
Momentum is real. And if we convert a couple of those early ones we don't have the contagious effect where players are terrified to kick at goal.
I am a massive Sam Sturt fan too.

I personally would of made him in the best 18 or at worst the sub.

The game is already done. He would of kicked 2 or 3 junk time goals with 7 or 8 disposals despite offering little defensive pressure

It's almost as if we're on an internet forum where people speculate.

I've never been at a game like this in my life. The game I'm at right now definitely seems like one where one of the other teams definitely has something else on their mind.
Speculation and making definitive statements are very different things

The young fifty was harsh. If it was for two people standing the mark. We should have had two of those in the first quarter.

Personal leave literally exists
Of course, but a lot of us still go in and just get on with things, I lost a close friend of mine last year, I still went into work and got on with it because I knew he wouldn't want me to slow down or take the foot off.

It's obviously different from person to person, but that's how I personally dealt with a similar scenario.

Plus, no matter how you're feeling mentally, even if it's something as tragic as a close death, you just have to go in and do your job and do it well.
In this instance, just so you and other Freo supporters can feel good with a win? How selfish and cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back