Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will be one of the clubs to record a profit this year, so you can't compare us to the Suns :)

I'm aware you've been saying it. I see your posts often haha. Can't comment on your random points because none of that is confirmed by anyone with inside knowledge of the club. It could be down track but not now.

My theory is that Hawthorn and Geelong supporters have the strongest feelings towards Ross Lyon because the media built him up to be a master tactician in the lead up to each of the Grand Finals, paying less attention to Clarkson and Thompson. He then lost and the supporters are still a little bitter about that ;)
Bitter? Not sure about that, IMO Lyon has managed to perpetrate one of the greatest con jobs of all time. The Media have lauded him for years and the Dockers believed the hype also. It has proven to be all unwarranted of course and it's all come a cropper, which it was always going to do...

Bleating along with the sheep which is a trait of footy discussion in Australia. There's plenty of room to keep the experience of Sandi, Ballas and Mundy. After that, the next oldest player is Michael Walters (I think). Mundy and 211 are still very useful and Ballantyne has a roster place until our next small forward comes along.

WC were predicted bottom 4. I understand the sheep mentality in Australian football discussion. Of course there is room to keep these older players, but why on Earth is it a good strategy? Hawks let go of their champions who were better players (Lewis still a straight walk up for any teams best 22) and now they are contending again because they made the hard decisions. That's how it's done, not this middle of the path strategy they seem to be taking.

Last edited:

I just find it funny you blame ross lyon for all of freos problems. I say he is 20-25% of freos problems.

Go look at every 1st rounder from 2007 onwards.

A quarter of an entire organisation’s problems are down to one person and that’s your argument to support him????

2007 onwards....

Go look at every 1st rounder reo has had in the last decade.

2007:Rhys Palmer
2008: Stephen Hill
2009: Anthony Morabito
2010: Jayden Pitt
2011: Tom Sheridan
2012: Josh Simpson
2013: Michael Apeness
2014:Lachie Weller
2015: Traded our 1st and 2nd rounder to get Harley Bennell and pick 22.
2016: Griffen Logue
2017: Andy Brayshaw and Adam cerra
Bloody hell thats bad!

How many chances does Lyon get? There is obviously a problem with keeping players and staff, particularly if players are choosing Brisbane as the destination? There is a revolving door at Fremantle and the reasons should be asked of the coach as to why?
Who are all the players that have left? Serious question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jayden Pitt.
Seriously dont remember him at all.
Sounds like the name you would see on a court list at Bunbury magistrates court on child related offences.
I think you’ll find that Pitt was forced to retire due to a heart problem, but stay classy

Bitter? Not sure about that, IMO Lyon has managed to perpetrate one of the greatest con jobs of all time. The Media have lauded him for years and the Dockers believed the hype also. It has proven to be all unwarranted of course and it's all come a cropper, which it was always going to do...
you wanted him gone after his woss lyin sexual harassment tactics

you wanted him gone after his woss lyin sexual harassment tactics
I think he should never have been appointed in the first place! Everyone likes to chase a bit of "thrupenny bit" from time to time, my criticism stems from coaching ability only...Where will Freo finish in 2019...16th or 17th?

I think he should never have been appointed in the first place! Everyone likes to chase a bit of "thrupenny bit" from time to time, my criticism stems from coaching ability only...Where will Freo finish in 2019...16th or 17th?
maybe one more season in the bottom 6 then we start to improve.

Freo will probably get another 6-10 wins.

Saying that, if freo get 16th just like they did in 2016 Freo should get at least 6-7 wins, not 4 wins

As I said in another thread, the only way I saw freo getting bottom 4 this season was getting 15th with 7 wins

WC were predicted bottom 4. I understand the sheep mentality in Australian football discussion. Of course there is room to keep these older players, but why on Earth is it a good strategy? Hawks let go of their champions who were better players (Lewis still a straight walk up for any teams best 22) and now they are contending again because they made the hard decisions. That's how it's done, not this middle of the path strategy they seem to be taking.

Whilst I think Freo made a mistake with Balla's, I am not sure long term that the Hawks hardline strategy will serve them best.

Missed out on Lynch, so behind the Tiggers as a destination club and it is a valid question as to whether you would really want to move to a club that you know will ruthlessly move you on when they are coming to the end, unless its absolutely in premiership contention (and I think tonight will show they are a long way off)?

Perhaps Lynch looked at the Hawks ans saw how they treat their ex-stars and said I don't want to be a 3 club player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back