Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

We're a much better more rounded side in 2019 then we were in 2017.
Definitely, our percentage is healthier than then. We won some games by decent margins, beaten difficult opponents and haven’t been thrashed.

But before we start rolling out the red carpet for Ross, let’s remember we haven’t played finals since 2015, have endured enormous floggings in the years since, and currently sit 9th.

Definitely, our percentage is healthier than then. We won some games by decent margins, beaten difficult opponents and haven’t been thrashed.

But before we start rolling out the red carpet for Ross, let’s remember we haven’t played finals since 2015, have endured enormous floggings in the years since, and currently sit 9th.

This has to be either Brad Hardie, haggers or a 6pr listener who wants Sumich. #sad

wow a whole 3 years into a rebuild.

We are trending and projecting better than Brisbane were one year ago. Let that sink in

No, I don’t. The collapse of the side happened under Ross’s watch. And it was obvious, given the age of the side from 2013-15, that it was going to happen. Why should he be credited with a “fast” rebuild when the need for it was his fault anyway?
Pretty certain you were one of these experts who claimed Lyon could not rebuild a team , WELL a competitive one has risen up from the ashes pretty quickly. Keep talking Bulltish as your mate Hardie would say

If we finish the position we are in now it will be our longest stretch out of finals since Damian Drum was coach.
Funny enough even though Finals should be on the radar now , I personally do not think its the be all or end all for this season. The projection and improvement of the clubs list going forward is. You also cherry picking a mark (re Damian Drum timeline) also to make yourself look clever in fact makes you look a douche ???

"Pretty quickly" - four years later we might have a team that plays finals.
The bloke has flaws but we are going all right Clay, don't worry if they continue winning I'll save a seat for you on the boat.

I've loved the renaissance of Freo and Lyon with the last two weeks being fantastic for them and the competition.

Good to see them on the up. And that they well and truly are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke has flaws but we are going all right Clay, don't worry if they continue winning I'll save a seat for you on the boat.
We have improved, but the last four seasons have been our worst period in nearly 20 years. The Lyon defenders are acting as if we’re currently top four and in control. There’s also serious belief that Lyon should be re-signed.

There’s been just as much bad footy played by us this year as good footy. Those Gold Coast and Adelaide games were hot garbage.

We have improved, but the last four seasons have been our worst period in nearly 20 years. The Lyon defenders are acting as if we’re currently top four and in control. There’s also serious belief that Lyon should be re-signed.

There’s been just as much bad footy played by us this year as good footy. Those Gold Coast and Adelaide games were hot garbage.
Good to see you are fearing the worst. But if you cant handle freo at their worst, you dont deserve to hang around the club when they are back to their best

Cool story Brad

Some really stupid comments in here but the cake taker has to be that traveling every 2nd week has no affect and is a myth, just dumb.
Also to say 6 years with no finals, yeah that's ok, just shows how deluded or following the wrong sport some supporters at fremantle are.
Again.... I didnt say 6. I said 3-5 years.

If this was a 4-5 year rebuild at freo. I wanted some good 18-20 year olds to recruit and get us back into finals. 4-5 years time those 18-20 year olds will be 23-25 year olds with 60-100 games under the belt.

Go Look at Port. In 2006, they got guys like Boak, Westoff, Robbie Gray, Paul Stewart and Nathan Krakouer. Made the GF in 2007, in that GF they played a couple of 2006 draftees in Boak and Westoff.

Went through a 5 year period without finals from 2008-12. in 2013, they made finals with guys like Boak, Westoff and Robbie Gray in their prime as 24-25 year olds.

As an ammo player, you're not at the club every day with paid professional coaches who should be helping you improve your forward craft.

Typical Teflon Ross though, always someone elses fault.
Freo kicked 11 goals and 13 behinds vs Collingwood. Matera kicked 2 goals and 3 behinds. You can only blame ross for so much....

It's no more a rebuild than the Harvey initiated rebuild at the end of 2007. We played finals in 2010.
Disagree.... 2007-9 was much different. You could say possibly worse. Freo in 2008 only had 6-8 guys aged 23 or under.

We at least had good KPPs in their primes such as Pav, Sandi, McPharlin and Johnson. the midfield had to be changed.

This rebuild, the midfield was solid but needed the KPPs to get us back into finals. Freo at least got 13-15 guys aged 23 or under.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back