Game Day Freo v WCE this week (non JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

When can we expect there to be a line-up released? Or is it not worth being announced since it's just a scratch match. Really good to hear Cerra is going to be playing but interested in knowing the rest.

FULL SQUAD
Hayden Ballantyne
Brandon Matera
Sean Darcy
Adam Cerra
Danyle Pearce
Andrew Brayshaw
Bradley Hill
Michael Walters
Tommy Sheridan
Nathan Wilson
David Mundy
Darcy Tucker
Connor Blakely
Matt Taberner
Joel Hamling
Shane Kersten
Cam McCarthy
Alex Pearce
Ed Langdon
Lachie Neale
Brady Grey
Aaron Sandilands
Cam Sutcliffe
Lee Spurr
Michael Johnson
Luke Ryan
Bailey Banfield

Fyfe, Cox, Giro and Meek out.

Fyfe rested, Cox out for his weak attack on the ball.

If you replaced the 6 whipping boys (Sutcliffe, Pearce, Spurr, Johnson, Sheridan and Ballantyne) with Bennell, Logue, Fyfe, S Hill, Hughes and Cox, our squad of 27 is looking in pretty well rounded. Lots of youth coming through.

If you replaced the 6 whipping boys (Sutcliffe, Pearce, Spurr, Johnson, Sheridan and Ballantyne) with Bennell, Logue, Fyfe, S Hill, Hughes and Cox, our squad of 27 is looking in pretty well rounded. Lots of youth coming through.
except its probably the first years who will make way. Ross won't drop Balla, MJ, Spurr while Dan Pearce starting in the first couple of games suggests he's pencilled in for Rd 1. Sutcliffe and Sheridan are probably marginal but who knows, Ross seems to love them.

except its probably the first years who will make way. Ross won't drop Balla, MJ, Spurr while Dan Pearce starting in the first couple of games suggests he's pencilled in for Rd 1. Sutcliffe and Sheridan are probably marginal but who knows, Ross seems to love them.
Danyle Pearce I don't mind. We need a little speed and experience on the wing. At least he gets the footy and uses it on occasion.
Suttclife and Sheridan cannot play round 1. Simple. We were pathetic when we had all 3 playing in round 1 and 2 last season .
Spurr isn't guaranteed either. Not getting voted into leadership group is a big statement with his selection.
The only question is Ballas. Just don't know whether his same nagging pressure is there anymore. He does great things. But so little of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not agree - this is an opportunity to give games to those that won’t play R1 and are pencilled in as Peel mainstays. Lyon will pick his shadow R1 side for JLT2. I don’t expect to see DP or Spurr - less sure about Ballas and MJ.

What's the official word on Hughes / Logue again? I don't mind the club taking precautionary measures with them if it means they will line up for Round 1. Let the obvious players who are there to make up numbers earn another strike before Round 1 ;)

I'd be interested in your comparative breakdown, if you could be bothered:

Best 15-ish, rested: McGovern, Hurn, LeCras, Cripps, Shuey, Darling, Redden, Gaff

Best 20ish, injured: Kennedy, Naitanui,

16-44, rested:

16-44, injured: Mackenzie, O. Allen, M. Allen, Olango
I saw Sheppard was your captain for this game. Those rested players, wow, your squad must be seriously young. Not that it matters, but we should win. Hopefully Cerra and Brayshaw got plenty of midfield minutes.

I'd be interested in your comparative breakdown, if you could be bothered:

Best 15-ish, rested: McGovern, Hurn, LeCras, Cripps, Shuey, Darling, Redden, Gaff

Best 20ish, injured: Kennedy, Naitanui,

16-44, rested:

16-44, injured: Mackenzie, O. Allen, M. Allen, Olango

Cripps?*@#! the Frenchman is also on borrowed time.

On the face of it we have less B22 players missing, however that is offset by us picking our full array of escaped goats (Sutcliffe, Sheridan, DP, Spurr, Ballas and now Johnson). I personally would also add Grey but plenty of the brethren rate him for his hardness.

Best 15-ish rested: Fyfe, Bennell

Best 20-ish, injured: SHill, Logue

Not sure about Hughes but he’s in my personal B22.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back