• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ABSTAIN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would do it.

I've stated elsewhere on this forum that I'm not a huge Hardingham fan.

I like Colyer but I think Gaff is a class above and this draft is meant to be pretty thin so I won't lose too much sleep over giving up pick 19 and Colyer.

This Gaff for Hardingham, Colyer & Pick 19 has been pulled out of thin air so it has little relevance in any case.

Nope. ATM Gaff looks very promising, but that's all he is, promosing.

Hardingham, Colyer, and Pick 19 is too much.

Hardingham I feel will become a very important player, Colyer may be a fringe player but who knows, and we need his pace. And pick 19 may be anything.

All too speculative for mine; we'd be taking a big punt if we were to do this trade and I don't think it's worth it.

Yes I would do it, thats how much I rate Gaff. In saying that I think West Coast really rates Gaff and therefore wouldn't do it.

I dont know maybe do a reflective comparison (cant think of apples for apples) but off the top of my head Rosa and Waters plus pick 23 for Heppell? Nah pass.

Hardingham: worth 2nd round
Colyer: worth 2nd round
First round pick.

Gaff worth first round pick. On potential.

So would we trade two second round picks, and one first round pick for a first rounder?

I realize that gaff will likely be a gun, but until he is proven, then I wouldn't give up that. Hardy is integral to our defence(when spoiling). Colyer is coming along nicely, and has potential.

It just seems over the odds

Lets do it NOW.
having Gaff & Heppell from the same draft smells like Collingwood getting Pendles and Thomas from the same draft and that worked beautifully for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know he was taken at 4, I was working on the assumption he was between 10 and 20 (which is why I thought it was particularly relevant). In hindsight, thinking he was drafted later, doesn't make sense because West Coast finished bottom.

In isolation I'd trade pick 19 for Gaff but not when we have to thrown in an important defender and a young midfielder we've put two years into as steak knives.

Rest of my post may have been important...

Would you make the trade for Melksham or Zaharakis?

You're kidding. Gaff for 19 when they picked him up at 4? He is an absoloute quality player, and ive seen him play a few times at junior level and i play with his younger brother. His kicking is fantastic and to be honest, he is the proto type of what we need. every young kid is over rated, but this guy is genuinly worth it. Pick 19+hardingham i would do in a heartbeat. add colyer, and i think i would hesitate, but would no doubt be ultimately happy with.

Melksham+ another player for gaff? Done deal. Maybe not zaka

anyone who says no is very very stupid

gaff will be better than heppell and i looovveee heppell

Hardingham: worth 2nd round
Colyer: worth 2nd round
First round pick.

Gaff worth first round pick. On potential.

So would we trade two second round picks, and one first round pick for a first rounder?

I realize that gaff will likely be a gun, but until he is proven, then I wouldn't give up that. Hardy is integral to our defence(when spoiling). Colyer is coming along nicely, and has potential.

It just seems over the odds

Table, it doesn't really work when you look at it like that.

Gaff #4 in strong draft >>> pick #19 in an ordinary draft.
(Gaff already shown enough to suggest he will be a super player. Pick 19 might never play a game for us)

Colyer would net a pick of #25-#35 in a weak draft.
(Colyer might turn out to be a good player. Maybe)

Hardingham #35 plus in a weak draft.
(Might turn out to be a solid player for us. Maybe)

Easy yes for me.

I always attempt to look at this from the other angle being, would I be happy with that deal for Heppell? The answere is, no way.

I feel that our list is somewhat advanced and all we really need is a couple of topend mids. Having watched Gaff a number of times this year I believe that he is already a good player and will end up being an excellent player. He is not a complete player for me, a bit too outside, but high quality regardless.

I like Trav but he butchers it a bit and is obviously really short and skinny. A good prospect and I would comfortably have him in my best 22 next year but not good enough to stand in the way of a player like Gaff.

Hardingham looks okay but I could take him or leave him really. We got him in the psd a couple of years back and picked up a similar prospect in Hibbert last year, so we should be able to cover that spot.

Worth adding as well that this rumour is based on both of our guys being home sick and wanting to return home. BS or not, that surely plays a signifignant part in the deal.

Back