Gameday: Freo v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Toss will win this game, especially if first quarter is relatively dry. Six goal breeze going to the Subi end. Once it gets wet, it will be a mess.

See I love comments like these. His hands were very clean below his knees in the games he played this year, and others commented on it too. You just had to watch the games to see it. Yet because it is Hinkley, it can't possible be true.

Anyway, this is the gameday thread. I would have picked Hinkley, but Pearce is fine with me. Here's hoping for a good game from him.

I was their at the games Chris, which is more than what you can say as you live outside of the state, so thats a bewildering comment. He was clean on occasion, on others he wasnt. He played solid games for a depth player. Clancee is also clean on occassion, while being a bigger body and better kick. Lets drop it now. COME ON BOYS

I was their at the games Chris, which is more than what you can say as you live outside of the state, so thats a bewildering comment.

So my comment was that his ball handling was clean, but because I wasn't at the game then I can't be right? Never mind that every time he touched the ball it was shown on television, so it's not like I missed any examples. Oh well, I (somewhat) respectfully disagree with your opinion. I'll be sure to let someone who was at the game live do my votes tonight though. :)

But yeah, enough about Hinkley for tonight. He isn't playing, I'm sad but still looking forward to the game.

Griff out! Shiiiiiiit, gonna be a massive effort from Clarke, with slices of Johnson rucking!

If the match commitee knew Griff was going to struggle to make it, seems crazy that they wouldn't have Kep as an emergency. With Griff out we could play Zac as the main ruck and Kep wherever Zac would have been playing (forward, wing, third man up).

Don't think we gave Hawks ruck enough credit. Good luck to Zac. Will be a great test for the young bloke.

So my comment was that his ball handling was clean, but because I wasn't at the game then I can't be right? Never mind that every time he touched the ball it was shown on television, so it's not like I missed any examples. Oh well, I (somewhat) respectfully disagree with your opinion. I'll be sure to let someone who was at the game live do my votes tonight though. :)

But yeah, enough about Hinkley for tonight. He isn't playing, I'm sad but still looking forward to the game.

Was replying to your comment 'you just had to watch the game to see it' and you know that.

Well that is disappointing. I'd have gone with Hinkley. Yes, I know Pearce has a 'big body' and a 'low centre of gravity' and all that. But I'd take clean hands and pace over that stuff.

But still, hopefully Pearce can come on and have an impact as the substitute. Big games for Clarke and Anthony too.

Pearce is also a great tackler/makes a lot of tackles. Will be useful today in the wet. Having a booming kick will also help in crappy conditions like this as territory becomes a more important factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting killed in our backline, really stretched.

Glad I didn't give my Melbourne supporting mate too much crap earlier on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back