Gaming headsets are a must buy

Remove this Banner Ad

After using the Xbox headset I've realised just how sh*t the Sony Pulse headset is. Any recommendations on a good wireless headset for PS5? Preferably one where the mute button on the controller actually mutes the headset.

I thought it may have been just me that thought that headset was total arse. Haven't tried to see if the button on controller mutes it but I've been pretty happy with the SteelSeries Arctis 7P. Not as good for listening to Spotify at the same time as gaming as the Sennheiser GSP670 I was using previously but for some reason those things are sounding poop in PS5 games.

I thought it may have been just me that thought that headset was total arse. Haven't tried to see if the button on controller mutes it but I've been pretty happy with the SteelSeries Arctis 7P. Not as good for listening to Spotify at the same time as gaming as the Sennheiser GSP670 I was using previously but for some reason those things are sounding poop in PS5 games.
That seems to be the headset that keeps popping up so I guess its the way to go. I see some complains about the bass levels on the 7p? What are your thoughts there?

That seems to be the headset that keeps popping up so I guess its the way to go. I see some complains about the bass levels on the 7p? What are your thoughts there?

In general the range seems a bit thin but nothing out of the ordinary that I haven't experienced on other "gaming" headsets. They're tuned differently from say headphones suited to music so it's a hard comparison. Though I find the dialogue clear and enough seperation in sounds when there is heaps of loud pew pew going on where as the cheaper ones sound mush. There's still enough bass for when things go boom but not too much that will over power the other levels. I'm using the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2 on my Series X that have a lot more bass but they've got a wierd audio crackling issue when going through menus which apparently also persists on their PS counterparts. They also have a pretty strong clamping force where as the Arctis P (entire Arctis line really) is really light and comfortable.

I use an Arctis 9x on one of my Series X's and it is every bit as good and sometimes better than the Xbox headset which I use on the other. I'm pretty sure the 7p is somewhat similar to the 9x, so I don't think you can go wrong.

I use an Arctis 9x on one of my Series X's and it is every bit as good and sometimes better than the Xbox headset which I use on the other. I'm pretty sure the 7p is somewhat similar to the 9x, so I don't think you can go wrong.

This is where I found the naming conventions confusing. 7p is supposed to be just the PS version of the 9x because they aren't doing a 9p. The only step up in price for a PS compatible Arctis are the Pros (wireless and DAC). I've got an Arctis Pro that I used on my PS4 but it simply doesn't work well with the PS5 due lack of optical port. Can't use all of the features on the headset either. I guess that's why they developed the 7P as it's 100% compatible but I do miss the swappable batteries. Have never had the 7P go flat while gaming though. It's supposed to be up to 16 hours or something but I just whack it on a charger after a big session and it's all good for next time.

Went to pull the trigger on the 7p but looks like I have to manually change the audio on the ps5 every time I want to use it? Is that correct? I really only play with a headset on when playing with others, not solo gaming. I can see that annoying me.

Went to pull the trigger on the 7p but looks like I have to manually change the audio on the ps5 every time I want to use it? Is that correct? I really only play with a headset on when playing with others, not solo gaming. I can see that annoying me.

Nope? Mine defaults everytime I turn the system on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back