Gaming headsets are a must buy

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up the Turtles (PX21) last night for $120. **** me its goiing to take some time to get used to! At first I was like a cat on a hot tin roof. I didn't know where to run or what was making what noise.

The sound is awesome though and the chat isolation works great (dont have to mute people, just turn that whole channel off)

it's pretty damn overwhelming at first isn't it!

it shouldn't take you long to get used to it though.
i actually forgot i was wearing the astros this morning i was that comfortable with them

Axpros are top of the line and to buy them will cost roughly or slightly less than the astro a40's. Looking at minimum $300 for either of these headset. Mid range (150-250) are the turtlebeach x4 and tritton ax360/720. Under 100 there are tbx11 and tritton ax180.

http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/20970/Xbox-Audio-Headsets,-Headphones-Speakers/

Check that link for a full overview on whats available, expected prices, where to buy and user reviews. There are a load of options and price ranges for every user.
Did a little research last night and i found the AxPro's are a little cheaper than the Astro A40's (around $200 delivered compared to $280ish for the a40's).

Anywho as i said i did a little research last night and i reckon i have narrowed it down to 3 options.

First are the Turtle Beach DPX21's, these are the same headset as the px21's but they also have the Earforce DSS to transform the px21 headsets into 5.1/7.1 full Dolby digital surround sound.

Havn't heard to many complaints about the turtle beaches and price wise they are the better of the three at around $180ish delivered
41I30BJZnZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Second are the Tritton AxPro's, they are True Dolby 5.1 surround sound with 8 speakers (4 in each ear) and with a detachable mic.
They also look alright imo.

The only problem with these is that a few people have complained that there mic has stoped working after a little while.
These are priced at around $195-200 delivered.

B0017IUFAE-ax-pro-main.jpg

The third set are Sharkoons X-Tatic, these humdingers are true 5.1 Dolby surround sound with the 8 speakers.

The only complaints i have read is that in long sessions the inner earpiece can get a little unconfortable.
There priced at around $190 delivered

519MNhcWndL._AA300_.jpg

After all that im still unsure what to grab, i like the Trittons but the complaints have turned me off them a little bit, and the Turtle Beaches dont seem to have many complaints at all so the peace of mind knowing they are just going to work has merrit.
Btw those prices were taken off Amazon.com

Gold Member: How do the X31's you have go in terms of battery use?

Top of my head maybe 20 hours of gameplay...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19375032&postcount=23

My wireless X31's give me around 18-20 hours gaming from a pair of energizer? (the green ones...) rechargable AAAs. Just run two pairs of batteries. Does suck when your sound drops out mid game and you've either gotta stop for a minute or play in silence. Chat function does go weird for 10 minutes before the batteries are completely flat kinda like the reserve light for fuel in ya car...

Well finally got my X11's after waiting 10 days. Played last night, decided to try them out with MW2. Figured a game like that would be where the most advantage would be.

I was blown away to say the least. Don't know why I haven't done this sooner. The sound is awesome and not only can you hear which direction people are approaching but you can also hear a lot further in the distance. This means that you can basically pin point where conflicts are happening around the map. It really was that good. I also found sounds like Harriers became direction specific with them as well.

One other thing I was highly impressed by was the comfort. They've got mesh cups for breathability which is something I was thinking about coming up to summer. It will be interesting to see how that goes as this was a concern.

I decided on the wired X11's rather then the X31's because I can't be fragged with batteries but I guess the only thing I don't like too much is the mess of cords. The only fault I can find with them and it's only small.

Just ordered the Tritton Ax Pro's :)
If i dont like them i'll give them to the bro for xmas or throw them on Ebay and grab the Turtle Beaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i said to my mate when ordering my a40 audio system that in a months time they'll probably come out with a newer/better/updated version but i was assured it was highly unlikely any time soon.

seems i was wrong.......it only took a week..............:|

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/108/A40-Wireless-System/

the new ones are apparently 7.1 (or probably simulated who knows...havn't read thoroughly enough) with an updated and wireless mixamp lmao.

honestly though i am so happy with my current a40's that it's only a minor blip but still that's some bs right there lol

I decided coz I won $2500 in free bets by winning the bf tipping comp (hold for applause) I'd try and win myself a headset on the cup today. So if all goes to plan I will hopefully have a pair of PX21s on the way tonight
If you want a sure thing box the field in a tri and dump the lot on, it will get ya about 23% which should land you more than enough to get some headsets, especially if the fav doesn't get up.
Then all u need to do is find another sure thing like Eng v PNG in the four nation's to turn the winnings over and Bobs ya uncle.

Bought the PX21's today from my local EB, set it up on PS3 easily enough, went to setup the 360 but my AV Cable won't fit in along side my HDMI cable! Any tips?

I hunted around for a HDMI Digital AV Cable but alas, no success.

Bought the PX21's today from my local EB, set it up on PS3 easily enough, went to setup the 360 but my AV Cable won't fit in along side my HDMI cable! Any tips?

I hunted around for a HDMI Digital AV Cable but alas, no success.

Did you get the official Xbox 360 HDMI cables?

If so, it would have had an adaptor that plugs into the AV port above the HDMI port with the red and white plugs for the headset

Got my PX21's working fine for my PS3 and 360

Thankyou lads.

Now I want one of these and the missus will get them for me for Xmas :D

Will be a pleasure ridding myself of that small PS3 headset and having the full surround sound on my head and my head alone :thumbsu:

What is the best one? PX21 ok? Seems to be worth it?

And Glenno, I'll have to find out which store you're at bro, also. North or South of the river? Meh, I'm a rep, I travel everywhere. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back