List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some serious pace, has a bit of class about him too and bloody good hands, if he can get back to that sort of form i would happily add him to the best 22.

Murdoch would have similar highlights, problem is they are far and few between... Actually, Murdoch is the better player between the two, and what does that say?

Wildly varying opinions of Gary Rohan. Truth somewhere in between?
Not sure, but I hope we don't go for him just because his name's Gary, he's local, and he has red hair.
Thats the reason i hope they do. I miss stoneham and biddiscombe and mcgrath and scratcher neil etc. Not geelong without one

Almost want them to play him alongside Menzel, and McCarthy too. Perhaps the club has a master plan to have a forward line where not one player can run or chase.
That w
Almost want them to play him alongside Menzel, and McCarthy too. Perhaps the club has a master plan to have a forward line where not one player can run or chase.
Hurtful

Was initially spoken about as our Enright replacement. Could be anything. Strong, composed and a beautiful kick of the ball.

Still could be if they gave him more of a chance. Ah well if he leaves Geelong because we don’t want to play him he’ll just become a good player at his new club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll judge this move depending on price, if he comes cheap (in terms of trade AND salary) then I'm ok with it, at worst he'd raise the talent of our depth (or medical room).
No doubt we need speed and accountability in our forward half, something he can bring (I think, I'll be honest I haven't followed him that much).

It's excellent and his main strength. He's incredibly fast and has that Cyril like ability to chase down from behind to put pressure on the opposition defence

I'm surprised by the post below which states he averages 3 tackles per game, not sure what the average across the board is but from my eye i'd have thought he'd make 5-7 tackles per game

his stats compare pretty well identically to Jamaine Jones:

0.6 goals
3.3/3.5 score involvements
8.6 disposals at 62% efficiency

It's actually pretty amazing how similar Rohan and Jamaine Jones stats are. Like identical but for tackles and tackles in fwd 50 (JJ wins) and metres gained and i50s (GR wins). Based on that if we want pressure forwards I'll back in the kid we already have on the list

Agreed, this is a band aid going in place of another band aid. Cats need to stop being so short sighted and topping up with questionable players. Bleed the kids IMHO. It'll hurt short term for a bit but I'm over this top up with unwanted injury prone hi risk players. It's not helping us in finals and we've gone backwards with this policy. I'd rather see kids working on their game and take another shot at a 07-13 period where footy for Cats fans was fantastic. We used to go into every game, bottom 4 sides the exception, and know we were a better than average chance to win.

Talk about a Freudian slip...

Id rather Rohan on the list before Parsons every single day of the week.
You maybe surprised how similar they are,Rohan is every bit as uncontested a player as Parsons,and Parsons for all his faults has just come off a better season than Rohan. Scary thought.

You maybe surprised how similar they are,Rohan is every bit as uncontested a player as Parsons,and Parsons for all his faults has just come off a better season than Rohan. Scary thought.

Really?...that surprises me......Rohan always looks pretty hard at it compared to Parsons...

No he hasn't. One has been injured for the majority of the year, the other one is a dud. I don't like potting any cat but he is the luckiest player I've seen on a list for a while.

Do you still think parsons has something to offer?
Yes.
He finished 18 poorly, we all saw that.
We don't know what was behind that.
If next year is the same, he'll be delisted, simple. Make or break.
I am not his keeper, but the ER staff still talk about him glowingly

I really hope this doesn't come off, we've had fast players that don't offer much else many times, Clarke, Tenace, Murdoch etc don't really see a need for him.

Josh Green has similar stats to Rohan and could potentially go onto a rookie list.

Actually, if the new rules come into play to alleviate congestion, I think it may be advantageous to have fast outside players...

Whether he fits that bill, I'm not really sure now.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-09-13/afls-bid-to-reduce-congestion
That rule could be partly our salvation; we would def be a team to benefit from that. Pity we will lose Thurlow- he will excel with that in place, and a few teams are very keen on him, and he's had enough at Geelong. Not just leg speed players will benefit with that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back