Analysis GBU vs Goldies

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Eddie. That was beautiful!

First quarter was putrid, then the Suns dropped structure. We took over and it was a training drill in the 2nd and most of the 3rd. Slopped it up at times still. A lot of "stupid sh*t" but oh well Just good to see some open footy! Wallpapering over cracks but at least it was fun.

Lost centre clearances by more than double!

Himmelberg gave a lot of energy. He's quick and created Tex's space. Jenkins is stagnant or just gets in his way. Himmelberg MUST play the next month at a minimum, regardless of form. ROB really good.

I'd like to see Sholl come in for Milera.

Saw Tex and Lynch go over to Francou for a hug and a chat after the game. Obviously no bad blood there - thought it was interesting.

2W 3L. Win next week!

Was damn important to stop the slide, and we've done it. Especially with Carlton winning.

Winning by 70 odd is also good for the confidence which is also super important, especially with how mentally shot we looked last week.

Good: Most players but special mention to Murphy, Betts, CEY, Smith, Mackay, and O'Brien. Not the biggest names in that pack but they all played better than their form throughout the year so far. Keath excellent. Greenwood should have been in weeks ago

Bad: Milera's injury. Lynch was awful. Kelly, Laird and Knight had a lot of touches for no influence. Gibbs only just barely AFL standard right now. First quarter appalling. Destroyed in the center clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Greenwood can take contested marks unlike 85% of our list, very important mid and fwd.
- Games into Berg
- Smith taking contested marks and probably 800m gained.
- Persisting with Murphy. Has balls of steel and tries his gut out.
- Giving RoB a go, great job AFC!

Overall a step forward today regardless of opposition

hopefully shakes the rust after a poor start to the season.

i hope we are not content and still look at underperforming players.

good:
smith - back to his best.
eddie - goty? great game for him. his effort this year has been good without the reward.
matt, brad sloane all good. brad could have torn it apart if he was a bit cleaner.
keath - probably our best defender now.
murphy - like many i wanted him dropped and he probably deserved it but a great game for him.
himmilberg - great intent, aggression and enthusiasm. give him some more games and we will see him clunk all those marks.
greenwood - the boy is a winner, you have to play him always.
rob - showing good signs.
mackay - excellent but we have seen this before at home against a poor team. prove us wrong david go on with it!

bad
lynch was dreadful. had one good non statistical moment but really was awful.
knight - continues to have very little production. his two switches in a row were awful.
kelly - gets a lot of the ball which is unfortunate because he would be lucky to be in the positive for metres gained. also a very dumb footballer in close.
talia - showing some disturbing signs of slowing down. getting beaten most weeks.
hartigan - didn't notice as much but still manages a few howlers per game

110 points in 3 quarters, however we were playing against witches hats at times.

Eddie is a freak, when you think he is done and dusted (and many wrote him off in here) he pops up and shows you that he is still the most potent small forward in the game.

Loved Walker without JJ, hope he isn’t rushed back in.

Keath is looking solid, he is going to be a 200 game player.

The whole team structure looked much better tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's also quite telling Pyke coached a significant portion of the game from the bench after QT.

We clearly did not want to be playing the slow, sidewards, ugly football of the past few weeks and Pyke on the bench seemed to stop it. That's a good sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back