Game Day GDT(Round 15) Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons, Gabba @ 15:20 AEST-The Overwhelming Pride

Jamurp

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I still feel sorry for any player who chooses to come to us, the tunnel has been dark for a long while now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Why is Gawn looking so mopey? I fully expect him to be 4-5 on Wednesday then have a 'setback' mid July.

Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
That free vs May will just about do it for me with this s... s... sport. Not blaming umps for our loss don't worry Topkent but I swear it is not that hard to umpire. They have no feel for the game whatsoever but of course the AFL machine will tick off every decision as being perfect.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I still feel sorry for any player who chooses to come to us, the tunnel has been dark for a long while now.
Absurd hyperbole. If you think this is anywhere near as bad as what we’ve been I suggest putting your membership card in your Michelin approved goose oven.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Most depressing year of football ever I reckon, wasn't expecting much in the Neeld years, this has been utter **** show from start to finish, the confidence coming out this club is completely unwarranted
Yeah I can remember being a dees fan for 22 years now and this is the most un invested I've ever felt. It looked like we had finally found the light on the other side of the tunnel but who would bet against us missing finals again next year.

Clayton Oliver epitomizes Melbourne. One brilliant year and then he regresseses back to a good average player. Wouldn't be surprised if he spent his career there.

mrmonkey

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was having a discussion with my mate at footy training I said we need a good preseason and we need to recruit well. He replied that the talent is there. If it is where is it?

harry000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New England Patriots
That free vs May will just about do it for me with this s... s... sport. Not blaming umps for our loss don't worry Topkent but I swear it is not that hard to umpire. They have no feel for the game whatsoever but of course the AFL machine will tick off every decision as being perfect.
They had the last 7 free kicks of the game lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I was having a discussion with my mate at footy training I said we need a good preseason and we need to recruit well. He replied that the talent is there. If it is where is it?
Yeah not sure it is, too many players that play 10 bad games to every one that is good.

We have too many players that just have poor skills, no other team had as many passengers as we do.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Everyone talks about coaching and structure and whatnot, but that was a match decided on fitness for my mind. Half way through the third we looked gassed and I was praying for the siren. We got outplayed on heart. Disappointing.

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
Yeah I can remember being a dees fan for 22 years now and this is the most un invested I've ever felt. It looked like we had finally found the light on the other side of the tunnel but who would bet against us missing finals again next year.

Clayton Oliver epitomizes Melbourne. One brilliant year and then he regresseses back to a good average player. Wouldn't be surprised if he spent his career there.
We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing s**ts me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Everyone talks about coaching and structure and whatnot, but that was a match decided on fitness for my mind. Half way through the third we looked gassed and I was praying for the siren. We got outplayed on heart. Disappointing.
It was 6.5 to 4.11 or something at half time, it was literally there poor kicking that kept us in it

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Highly interpretational rules that are not only full of grey areas by the letter of the law, but are dictated to be enforced in entirely different ways from week to week, all while having to run 15+km per game, just to get a good view around the 36 players on the field at one time. There is no way anyone with a modicum of understanding of the game could ever call it "not that hard to umpire" ... there were some ordinary decisions there no doubt, punctuated by the push in the back against May, but that was much less a poor decision, as it is a poor interpretation of the rule across the board.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing ****s me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.
If I see Clayton Oliver win another ground ball this year and handball to a stationary Max Gawn I'm changing to the tigers.

mrmonkey

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The frees were probably there but I think there were some missed the other way. The may one imo should be htb but if that's in the back according to the rules it stinks. May did everything right and in the very last minute landed in his back but still tried to avoid it and ended up on the side. There's not much a player can do but bend the rules of gravity. Anyways it is what it is.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We have become such a boring team to watch in the less than 12 months. Don't get me wrong, the losing ****s me, but playing boring football isn't far behind. The current brand of football is a snooze fest.
It’s only boring because of our entry into / players up toward. We just seem to be such a weak contested marking team, and it’s felt like that for a while for me.

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
It’s only boring because of our entry into / players up toward. We just seem to be such a weak contested marking team, and it’s felt like that for a while for me.
Yes, that's def one of them, Having all the same plodder types through the midfield isnt good viewing, especially when none of them can kick.

Top Bottom