2nds Geelong Cats 2018 VFL Season - Tom Atkins B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to post the image mate? I cancelled my emails due to getting news about the women's comp.
Hahahaha gold. And yep dan Mick has shared said pic. Now I know I’m biased. But I’d love to see our side with JJ, Kelly, cocky, Parfitt and Quentin all playing. The pace, tackling and creative ball movement would be huge.

Hahahaha gold. And yep dan Mick has shared said pic. Now I know I’m biased. But I’d love to see our side with JJ, Kelly, cocky, Parfitt and Quentin all playing. The pace, tackling and creative ball movement would be huge.
Yep, same.

Thanks for posting, but not a huge effort put into the highlights vid there.
I guess where down to showing only half the goals now.

VFL Round 8 - Geelong v Williamstown, 11:00am, GMHBA Stadium, May 26 2018.

Geelong

B: 39. Z. Guthrie, 30. T. House, 68. H. Kol
HB: 19. Q. Narkle, 23. A. Black, 37. S. Simpson
C: 42. M. O’Connor, 53. J. Keras, 40. J. Thurlow
HF: 6. L. McCarthy, 20. R. Gardner, 34. J. Parsons
F: 12. W. Buzza, 9. Z. Smith, 32. G. Miers
R: 45. R. Abbott, 64. T. Atkins, 33. G. Horlin-Smith
Int: 63. S. Dobson, 62. C. Floyd, 15. M. Hayball, 55. L. Kiel, 65. S. McLachlan, 56. B. Reid, 54. S. Siggins, 51. J. Tsitas
23P: 71. P. Dowling

In: G. Horlin-Smith, J. Parsons, J. Thurlow, T. House, Z. Smith, A. Black
Out: J. Jones, R. Stanley

Good to see House back.
Still no Constable but not listed as injured.

Gardner forward is interesting and if the Smith/Abbott placings eventuate then he's really in the doghouse if Abbott is given preference.
Especially with Willy having Meese who destroyed us last season.

That would seem strange to play Gardner forward both in that team and for him to get an AFL game. Scott said Constable is over his concussion they’re just resting him. Hopefully Narkle and Linc can push for games. Sounds like Cockatoo will be back in the vfl next week.

That would seem strange to play Gardner forward both in that team and for him to get an AFL game. Scott said Constable is over his concussion they’re just resting him. Hopefully Narkle and Linc can push for games. Sounds like Cockatoo will be back in the vfl next week.

The club's video update on injuries this week spoke about Charlie actually doing a conditioning block now, to counter the time he missed from preseason with his tonsillitis.

Makes good sense and hopefully leaves him in good shape to really push for some senior footy in the back half of the season.

Next week I’d expect Constable & Cockatoo both playing VFL.

Also I’d expect that to be the only week Cocky plays in the VFL in his return before he’s in the seniors because we miss his presence up forward and even in the middle (judging from that West Coast game) a lot.

Getting closer to Parfitt, McCarthy, Cockatoo playing seniors together (possibly Narkle too eventually) :cool:

VFL Round 8 - Geelong v Williamstown, 11:00am, GMHBA Stadium, May 26 2018.

Geelong

B: 39. Z. Guthrie, 30. T. House, 68. H. Kol
HB: 19. Q. Narkle, 23. A. Black, 37. S. Simpson
C: 42. M. O’Connor, 53. J. Keras, 40. J. Thurlow
HF: 6. L. McCarthy, 20. R. Gardner, 34. J. Parsons
F: 12. W. Buzza, 9. Z. Smith, 32. G. Miers
R: 45. R. Abbott, 64. T. Atkins, 33. G. Horlin-Smith
Int: 63. S. Dobson, 62. C. Floyd, 15. M. Hayball, 55. L. Kiel, 65. S. McLachlan, 56. B. Reid, 54. S. Siggins, 51. J. Tsitas
23P: 71. P. Dowling

In: G. Horlin-Smith, J. Parsons, J. Thurlow, T. House, Z. Smith, A. Black
Out: J. Jones, R. Stanley

Good to see House back.
Still no Constable but not listed as injured.

Gardner forward is interesting and if the Smith/Abbott placings eventuate then he's really in the doghouse if Abbott is given preference.
Especially with Willy having Meese who destroyed us last season.
Gardner- when I see a key position back go forward or vice versa (Black) in the 2nds i can’t help but think it’s a last check before they boot them. Maybe paranoid, maybe not. Has the size to present and make good contests - over to him.

With Abbott- really get the sense that they are giving him a sustained run at first ruck to check him out and best prepare him for seniors. If he takes most of the ruck work on Saturday you would have to think he has gone ahead of Smith in MC reckoning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back