VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Conway's work-rate pushing forward has been super encouraging.

Cant risk him against gawn purely on inexperience but he definitely has to play vs port the week after on this form.

Hardie has also been very good as is knevitt and both probably deserve a game soon when we rest players.

He doesn't get noticed but he’d be playing seniors at lots of clubs

He would be and i wouldnt be surprised if one tries to poach him but i hope he hangs around..i think once he can find a way in the seniors he will stay there.

Humphries looks an AFL player. I think his skill set will transfer across. Should get a game very soon

Hes not a bad one. Theres a few that deserve games like hardie and knevitt and mannagh and neale (neale is more when hawk or jez rest) but i think humphries would be worth a game or two at hbf soon.

Jeez, Conway is just too good for this level

Hes too good for this level but he doesnt have the endurance for bigger afl grounds full time yet. But he should still play afl every 2nd or 3rd week when he can.

I think it's the opposite to nothing standing out. He's a good mark and beautiful kick. But then he fumbles inexplicably pretty often. Don't think he'll make it but I can see why we recruited him cause if he can get rid of his worst 5% of moments he'd be a good player.
Jeka is very tall and has some skills, and has played forward and back for Hawthorn. I am hoping our coaches can build his confidence as he is still only 22, young for some big men.
He could at the least develop into backup for our tall defenders.

Hes too good for this level but he doesnt have the endurance for bigger afl grounds full time yet. But he should still play afl every 2nd or 3rd week when he can.
With an assist from blitz he could play at any ground.

If he was asked to play solo ruck and have 85% time in ruck then I would agree. Fortunately that is not required from him at this stage.

Conway pushed harder out of contests and forward more than ever today... So I assume his fitness level has lifted a bit.

He didn't ruck against not much chop though, but still was impressive.

He would be and i wouldnt be surprised if one tries to poach him but i hope he hangs around..i think once he can find a way in the seniors he will stay there.

Looks an astute pickup so far, I just don't think he's AFL ready yet.
I'd be happy to see him play the year in the VFL and learn our systems, have another pre-season, and go from there.

With an assist from blitz he could play at any ground.

If he was asked to play solo ruck and have 85% time in ruck then I would agree. Fortunately that is not required from him at this stage.

Unfortunately its not that simple because the speed of the game at afl level and the capped interchange affects your ability to use a tall with low end endurance.

But once he gets the endurance he will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back