Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get that man the ball!

My thoughts exactly - get him playing a bit further up the ground and working back into the 50

He needs to back himself a bit more though with ball in hand when around the goals - hit up teammates when they're in the right position, but then do what he did last Friday night and find the middle of the big sticks when it's his turn

He could well become the most unlikely AA contender if he can find the right balance

My thoughts exactly - get him playing a bit further up the ground and working back into the 50

He needs to back himself a bit more though with ball in hand when around the goals - hit up teammates when they're in the right position, but then do what he did last Friday night and find the middle of the big sticks when it's his turn

He could well become the most unlikely AA contender if he can find the right balance
What a weapon he’s shaping up to be- using his elite fitness and creativity to work up and down the ground and create havoc.
Kudos to Gryan and the coaching staff.

"So bloody frustrating" you called him. All by your lonesome on that one I'm afraid.
I get it, though. Seeing Miers kicking a set shot from the right-side 45 degrees and watching him run towards the boundary before kicking does make me grind my teeth a little bit. It's a crazy style. Whoever coached him as a kid let him down a little bit in my opinion.

I get it, though. Seeing Miers kicking a set shot from the right-side 45 degrees and watching him run towards the boundary before kicking does make me grind my teeth a little bit. It's a crazy style. Whoever coached him as a kid let him down a little bit in my opinion.
Pointing out the set shot arc is different to just calling someone frustrating when they're in the process of winning the game for your club. Miers was a score involvement machine in hostile territory, so it's a bit bizarre to carry on about his weaknesses in those situations (which is what Funknozzle or whatever it's name is, was doing).

Whatever, I'm soft I guess and need to be applying a more pedantic mindset to players with any eccentricities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come join us in the lovely USA. We work Good Friday and there is no such thing as Easter Monday, so we work then also. So no games in the arvo. What a country!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I might wait to see if your country still exists after the election first

No change to the Easter Monday game, it’s great and our marquee match built on a real modern rivalry. It’s not our fault the Hawks can’t keep up there end of the bargain.
The ANZAC day game has had some really bog average teams playing but it still works, same with Dreamtime at the G and Queens/Kings Birthday.
Why do people want to take away nice things?

Whoever coached him as a kid managed to develop the most unpredictable kicking technique in the game that repeatedly opens up defences. Seems like they did a fine job to me.

Whoever coached him as a kid managed to develop the most unpredictable kicking technique in the game that repeatedly opens up defences. Seems like they did a fine job to me.
He coached himself to do it thinking it would be a point of difference for him if I remember correctly from an interview last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back