Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geelong are renowned for their customary late changes and did so again just last week. I'm not suggesting anything sinister, but my bet is we won't see too many more this year.

Is that for Geelong or the league?

A few years back we made late charges nearly every week, but it's a pretty lazy comment based how we've actually approached things the last 18 months

I'm also not sure we're going to see any Clubs change their approach due to that article a couple of days ago - we've already seen Richmond make a change to their squad for Sunday's match. Besides, if a player is stupid enough to be doing drugs the night before a match where it'll still be in the system on match day they deserve to get caught - it's the 1-week injuries that only come out on a Thursday night that would seem more of a question

Cochin actually made a good point on the speculation that may arise after this week's injury & if we'll start seeing clubs reluctant to make late changes when a player isn't 100% just up avoid speculation, but instead it ends up in the player missing multiple weeks due to trying to push through when not 100%

In a couple of weeks the drug speculation article will be out of people's minds as they focus on football & the public will stop giving a s**t if there's more to a late out

Well he wont play vfl so whatever you want to call it its not dropped.

Stanley even said he wouldn't be playing every game and talked about developing Conway. In that preseason interview he sounded much more invested in the club's success than any care about his own spot in the team. If Conway dominates and takes his spot he didn't sound like he'd be devastated by it.

Is that for Geelong or the league?

A few years back we made late charges nearly every week, but it's a pretty lazy comment based how we've actually approached things the last 18 months

I'm also not sure we're going to see any Clubs change their approach due to that article a couple of days ago - we've already seen Richmond make a change to their squad for Sunday's match. Besides, if a player is stupid enough to be doing drugs the night before a match where it'll still be in the system on match day they deserve to get caught - it's the 1-week injuries that only come out on a Thursday night that would seem more of a question

Cochin actually made a good point on the speculation that may arise after this week's injury & if we'll start seeing clubs reluctant to make late changes when a player isn't 100% just up avoid speculation, but instead it ends up in the player missing multiple weeks due to trying to push through when not 100%

In a couple of weeks the drug speculation article will be out of people's minds as they focus on football & the public will stop giving a s**t if there's more to a late out
I expect things will continue pretty well as usual-hardly anyone seems too surprised or too bothered by this drugs testing thing.

Why should we only play them once a year? In seasons where we play them twice they could easily come down the highway.
If you can get 60k to 65k to the MCG, they should be at the MCG IMO. But we've had this argument many, many times over on this board.

It's not quite Grundy vs Thurlow, or (for the older types) letting SJ go to GWS and Chappy to Essendon, or (for the even older types) whether Mark Thompson deserves to stay after the abomination that was 2006... but we're getting there.

Stanley even said he wouldn't be playing every game and talked about developing Conway. In that preseason interview he sounded much more invested in the club's success than any care about his own spot in the team. If Conway dominates and takes his spot he didn't sound like he'd be devastated by it.

There's always some players who seem to be more inclined to need a push out the door, but for others you can see there's almost an element of pride in the next gen stepping in to make that spot their own

What a weapon he’s shaping up to be- using his elite fitness and creativity to work up and down the ground and create havoc.
Kudos to Gryan and the coaching staff.
from pick 57 lol

Gold.

Wells Gold.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come join us in the lovely USA. We work Good Friday and there is no such thing as Easter Monday, so we work then also. So no games in the arvo. What a country!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do not... and I repeat... DO NOT get me started on this ******* place.

GO Catters

I do wonder how much is chicken and how much is egg.
Id say that 17 clubs and 56 previous picks - they were all chicken.

And Wells at 57 was exquisite.

Chicken and egg.

GO Catters

Pointing out the set shot arc is different to just calling someone frustrating when they're in the process of winning the game for your club. Miers was a score involvement machine in hostile territory, so it's a bit bizarre to carry on about his weaknesses in those situations (which is what Funknozzle or whatever it's name is, was doing).

Whatever, I'm soft I guess and need to be applying a more pedantic mindset to players with any eccentricities.
All I did was tell the truth. Miers is good but with that kicking style and absolutely no left side he will never be great. He had a good game against the Crows but even in that game, his flaws held him back. E.g. running around the player on the mark towards the boundary and kicking a set shot out of bounds on the full. I'd prefer he went back an extra 5 meters and kicked over the mark. But that isn't an option because it is not in his repertoire.

Pondsford Stand it is...

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING AND CHEER SQUAD LOCATIONS​

General Admission seating will be available in the following areas, subject to availability and subject to change.

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-Q15 (rows P-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q29-Q40

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-55 (rows S-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q26 (rows K-DD)
  • Q27-Q28

CHEER SQUAD LOCATIONS
Hawthorn: M3 (Punt Road end)
Geelong Cats: M33 (City end)

I'm a Geelong member but when I go to Ticketek and enter my barcode I get terrible seating options. In the forward pocket next to the point post or up in level 4 nose bleeds. This is why I resort to Kayo where I get a good view of the game. I love going to the football but only if I can get half decent seating. I don't mind spending a bit more to reserve a seat but Ticketek either doesn't allow it or is too damn complicated to navigate. And the ridiculous thing is there will be at least 50,000 unused seats at the MCG on Monday.

I'm actually excited about seeing how the team preforms with no Danger.

Parfitt out we've always known he can get the ball but he generally just slams it on the boot forward, Atkins is a slightly better version of him and more consistent. Not sure about having Parfitt, Atkins and Clarke in the mid together all seem kinda similar not sure about Clarke at this stage just kinda tackles people for now that's okay i guess. Would like to see what Hardie can do on the big stage.
'Just kinda tackles people' - mate, he's played two and a quarter games, he's shown intensity and an approach that belies his experience.
I might be in the minority here, but, if we lose on Easter Monday, I'm not gonna be mad.

Winning that game against all odds, and not just winning but basically dominating most of the game with Atkins, Duncan, Bowes, Bruhn and C. Guthrie missing from our midfield, was just the nicest surprise ever - and a glimpse of the positive future of our kids to come.

The Hawks will be breathing fire, and we might be missing both Danger and Stanley, alongside possible further rests of Bruhn, Bowes and Atkins.

We drop this one, it just means we won the Crows one and dropped the Hawks one, rather than the inverse. I can live with that :)
Pls. This is pissweak. We're not playing under 10s.

Wasn’t he ready to retire and then changed his mind?
Anyway he always seemed like a good guy, probably too nice. 😉

Meat tray…a little bit different than I was a few days ago. Some unlucky ones but thinking about team balance. And also 5 day break

In: Conway, Bruhn, Duncan, Bowes, Atkins
Out: Danger (inj), Stanley (inj/rest) 2E (rest), Mannagh (omit - very unlucky), Knevitt

I think they really like Mullin as a lock down small defender option. Duncan can play wing with Blitz now that we have Bruhn and Atkins back in the MF. Dempsey back to the 7th forward role (and hopefully 3 goals!!). Bowes to sub (which I think is a good role for him given his flexibility all over the ground)

Will have 2E and Stanley back for next round and Mannagh/Knevitt/Bews/Neale will be looking for strong VFL games tomorrow to keep pressure on selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back