Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easter monday is not on the weekend. Thats part of the problem that makes the weekend boring.

For interstate supporters who can only travel on long weekends like this weekend the game is at the worst time because you literally have to rush to the airport after the game to catch the last flight back and arrive home at midnight.
You’ll survive shags, so will Easter Monday games

I'm a Geelong member but when I go to Ticketek and enter my barcode I get terrible seating options. In the forward pocket next to the point post or up in level 4 nose bleeds. This is why I resort to Kayo where I get a good view of the game. I love going to the football but only if I can get half decent seating. I don't mind spending a bit more to reserve a seat but Ticketek either doesn't allow it or is too damn complicated to navigate. And the ridiculous thing is there will be at least 50,000 unused seats at the MCG on Monday.
Plenty of good seats available a few weeks ago.
You would’ve left it too late if you only just went on

I know this is for the VFL match tomorrow - but no Parfitt or Knevitt listed as ins

Round 2

Geelong v Box Hill
11.05am AEDT, Sat March 30, 2024
GMHBA Stadium

In: George Stevens, Ajang Kuol mun

Out: Toby Conway, Osca Riccardi

I know this is for the VFL match tomorrow - but no Parfitt or Knevitt listed as ins

Round 2

Geelong v Box Hill
GMHBA Stadium

I think Knevitt did play the Saturday vfl game last week anyway after only coming on for a minute or whatever on the Friday night.

I think Knevitt did play the Saturday vfl game last week anyway after only coming on for a minute or whatever on the Friday night.

Forgot about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are teams announced tonight? Not the full side obviously, but the squad?

Announced sunday but based on the vfl team named we can infer:
-knevitt is dropped back to vfl
-conway will play afl stanley out inj
-mullin is either staying in or rested for the dogs game
-bowes not named in vfl so hes either playing monday or still injured
-parfitt not named in vfl so either staying in or being held over for the dogs game

Duncan will come in for his great mate hawk and one of the older guys gets managed.

My guess the changes will be
Out: danger stanley (both inj) knevitt (omit) tuohy (managed)
In: Conway atkins bruhn duncan

Id probably make oisin the sub.
I think its one too many inside mids with parf but this is one game we could afford to try it.

Stanley even said he wouldn't be playing every game and talked about developing Conway. In that preseason interview he sounded much more invested in the club's success than any care about his own spot in the team. If Conway dominates and takes his spot he didn't sound like he'd be devastated by it.

I agree with all that, i think as much as anything rhys is happy to retire and is really only playing on because the club asked him to. My point is more that when conway plays afl stanley isnt dropped and wont play vfl he will just rest.

Meat tray…a little bit different than I was a few days ago. Some unlucky ones but thinking about team balance. And also 5 day break

In: Conway, Bruhn, Duncan, Bowes, Atkins
Out: Danger (inj), Stanley (inj/rest) 2E (rest), Mannagh (omit - very unlucky), Knevitt

I think they really like Mullin as a lock down small defender option. Duncan can play wing with Blitz now that we have Bruhn and Atkins back in the MF. Dempsey back to the 7th forward role (and hopefully 3 goals!!). Bowes to sub (which I think is a good role for him given his flexibility all over the ground)

Will have 2E and Stanley back for next round and Mannagh/Knevitt/Bews/Neale will be looking for strong VFL games tomorrow to keep pressure on selection

I think they will hold bowes over for gather round and no way should mannagh be omitted-sub at worst. Although i know we will use a squad mentality for next week due to the 5 day break.

Could see Conway coming in for this game before R1.

Stanley routinely gets absolutely smoked by Marshall and ROB… insert 5 day break after this game v Tim English and Conway coming in here v an average Hawks ruck (assuming Conway was fit) looked a monty.

If Tobes can just break even at his age and experience level against Reeves, I think I’d consider that a win and a good building block.

Reeves is no star but he is a big unit.

Good luck big fella.

Heaven knows we be needing a decent ruckman.

I think they will hold bowes over for gather round and no way should mannagh be omitted-sub at worst. Although i know we will use a squad mentality for next week due to the 5 day break.
I 100% agree with you…I would push Bowes back through 1/2 in VFL and have him primed for Gather Round. And Mannagh absolutely deserves to be in 23 - and IMHO adds to the team as part of best 23….but I don’t think they are going to go that way….in which case you will have a “free melt” on me…. Maybe it changes over next 48 hours but…

Round 2

Geelong v Box Hill
GMHBA Stadium

You would nearly lock it in the Conway playing than.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back