Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter Monday could easily be at KP
The larger capacity stadium introduces some pressure on traditional ‘marquee game’ deals going forward for us..
Edit: But Munichs post above shows that mcg games will continue to reign. The numbers are still in its favour
Also, I imagine the broadcasters have a much better infrastructure at the G.

What in the actual F is going on with tickets for this game.

There's literally nothing left to purchase.

I just had a look and there's options depending where you're after

Are you putting a barcode in as that can sometimes restrict availablity - it's stupid how that works, as no barcode and "general public" tickets can be better

I just had a look and there's options depending where you're after

Are you putting a barcode in as that can sometimes restrict availablity - it's stupid how that works, as no barcode and "general public" tickets can be better

There's stuff all available - I've tried barcode and no barcode, Geelong fan areas and general areas.

For a crowd that's going to be 60k or lower it's a farce they don't open up more seats. They're clearly going to be free come Monday.

The larger capacity stadium introduces some pressure on traditional ‘marquee game’ deals going forward for us..
Edit: But Munichs post above shows that mcg games will continue to reign. The numbers are still in its favour
Also, I imagine the broadcasters have a much better infrastructure at the G.
I personally would prefer a true home game with a higher chance of winning over another 20k or so fan and that 20k would be pushing it with Hawks so crap atm. We make more cash from a full KP than we do anything under 80k(pretty sure that is correct) at the MCG.

Imagine how good Miers could be if he learned how to kick with his left foot, and after adding that skill, learned how to kick for goal over the man on the mark.

imagine if gary ablett jr was 6'7 with the same skills. well, he wasn't and still great. just like miers is.

I don't know what to make of the tickets. Last year we were 0-3, it was raining, our home game and it got 66k.

Hawthorn game this year and we might get a few more considering we're 2-0. Assume it'll get 70k. Should still be a fair few seats available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the apparent lack of ticketed seating at the MCG can seem annoying, but we need to remember that it's not a ground with 100% public access

While its rough capacity is 100,000 - 95,000 seats & 5000 standing, not all those 95,000 seats are in publically accessible locations:
  • The MCC has roughly 23,000 seats
  • The AFL Reserve roughly 22,000 seats

That leaves roughly 55,000 seats for public access, and on match day a good number of those will be member seats for the home team. And then there's GA seating - take Monday for example

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-Q15 (rows P-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q29-Q40

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-55 (rows S-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q26 (rows K-DD)
  • Q27-Q28

So the top level of public seating is nearly all GA, with only the lower section of the top level reserved seating

I know we won't get 90k on Monday, and may well be between 65k & 70k - but look at how many empty seats are in the MCC & AFL Reserve areas compared with the general seating areas

I know the apparent lack of ticketed seating at the MCG can seem annoying, but we need to remember that it's not a ground with 100% public access

While its rough capacity is 100,000 - 95,000 seats & 5000 standing, not all those 95,000 seats are in publically accessible locations:
  • The MCC has roughly 23,000 seats
  • The AFL Reserve roughly 22,000 seats

That leaves roughly 55,000 seats for public access, and on match day a good number of those will be member seats for the home team. And then there's GA seating - take Monday for example

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-Q15 (rows P-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q29-Q40

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-55 (rows S-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q26 (rows K-DD)
  • Q27-Q28

So the top level of public seating is nearly all GA, with only the lower section of the top level reserved seating

I know we won't get 90k on Monday, and may well be between 65k & 70k - but look at how many empty seats are in the MCC & AFL Reserve areas compared with the general seating areas

I can guarantee you where I usually sit, Olympic level 2, will not be full and I'll easily be able to find seats.

That is a general seating area.

I know how the allocations work, and there'll be a fair number of AFL/MCC seats contributing to the 65k crowd.

Therefore it's not a sellout game, as you commented it was earlier.

do you understand it's a sellout because the hawks members will have a certain amount of ticketed seats???

if they have 50k ticketed seats and 50k tickets sell, it's a sellout. doesn't mean they'll all show up, it just means all available seats are sold.

Imagine how good Miers could be if he learned how to kick with his left foot, and after adding that skill, learned how to kick for goal over the man on the mark.
In all honestly, I actually don't think that would make him all that much better.

I don't see Miers get caught out on his left all that often - usually, he can use his poise in traffic to get onto his right.

His goalkicking is fine. The guy has 82.58 over his career (58%), the league's accuracy for all of last year was 53%. Don't confuse unusual with bad.

Back to the actual game discussion , during the week i thought Geel would win comfortably , however yesterday i watched Frem v Ade the whole game

The Crows were worse than a rabble , the old could have - should have , well Frem could have won by 12 goals , and if 4 or 5 other sides had played the Crows yesterday they would have beaten them by over 100 pts . The Crows played Fitzroy ( in their last year of the comp ) type football , thats how bad their skills were

Thus having watched that - our win last week in my opinion gets devalued quite a bit , except for the vital 4 pts

Thus we have beaten StK narrowly on our home ground , and have beaten a rabble away from home . Dangerfield is a massive out for Geel , how many times he has bailed the Cats out in games . My gut feel now about this game - is a bit like several years ago when Coll beat us 2-3 times in a row , when we went in as a short price fave , and they had their shock/surprise win

Like their are no top notch teams in the comp at the moment so any team is easily beatable and in 22 when we won the flag , Haw won this corresponding game , and last year late in the year the Hawks late in the year at the MCG easily beat Coll ( Premiers )

Jut hoping for a Geel win , but i think it will be a very tight game - if Geel are feeling good/pleased about themselves for beating that rabble interstate last week and are thus a little bit off - plus with the inspiring Captain not playing then they could get beaten , that is just my opinion

I don’t disagree that the Crows are just no good.

Old slow mids.
Meh backs.
Meh forwards.

They over achieved last year and thought they were on the up but that list is terrible.

What I will say about us is that we haven’t lost a game this year.

Beat Carlton + Dons in practice matches.
Beat Saints and then Crows away with half a midfield in.

Winning form is good form.

We are going well enough to handle a bottom 4 team in Hawthorn.

I personally would prefer a true home game with a higher chance of winning over another 20k or so fan and that 20k would be pushing it with Hawks so crap atm. We make more cash from a full KP than we do anything under 80k(pretty sure that is correct) at the MCG.
Broadcasters would have a big say I reckon. Also AFL deals with MCG probably..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back