Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Monday 22 April @ MCG 3:20 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constable needs a rest. Happy for Guthrie to come in. He should be under no illusion that standards are different this season. That the days of coasting are over. Let’s see whether the penny has dropped.

I agree with guys like Tuohy Bews Henderson Fogarty and possibly Selwood to all come back in later in the year he will need to lift his game to keep his spot.

I agree with guys like Tuohy Bews Henderson Fogarty and possibly Selwood to all come back in later in the year he will need to lift his game to keep his spot.

Aside from Tuohy I don’t see any of the others as being automatic selections. Good to see some competition for spots. And that players will have to show form in the VFL before being considered for the AFL side. Looking forward to see Fogarty back on the park soon.

What about poor David Mensch if he played today with social media?...Cam Guthrie can not win people will just want to hang him what ever he does
I for one never had a problem with Mensch. He at least had a dip and was always competitive. Guthrie on the other hand ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. The bloke could play to Danger's level in a game and still be criticised for making a couple of mistakes. But others are immune from such criticism.
I wasnt bagging him for errors, if i did that Id be on Dangerfield and Kellys case all day long.... Im merely repeating what was said to me. My criticisms revolve around his lack of intensity and effort. He point blank wont chase an opponent. Hes not a team player... hes very much a lazy individual

I wasnt bagging him for errors, if i did that Id be on Dangerfield and Kellys case all day long.... Im merely repeating what was said to me. My criticisms revolve around his lack of intensity and effort. He point blank wont chase an opponent. Hes not a team player... hes very much a lazy individual

Fair enough. I don't agree that he's lazy and not a team player but I can see why people would think that given his playing style. I think he absolutely has limitations but I also think he brings many qualities to the table, which is why he continues to get picked when fit.

Here's hoping the team ethos and culture is now that if Cam does play that half effort seagull type of game then he gets swiftly told that it isn't enough and if not corrected he'll be back in the VFL.
Re: the change, I support it, Constable looked tired a few times last week so a rest could be good for him, you have to remember it isn't just the week to week AFL schedule but this is a kid whose kind of exploded onto the scene, won bulk disposals and shouldered far more work than he'd normally think AND won a rising star so had that emotional high from that. A mental rest would do wonders for him.

Here's hoping the team ethos and culture is now that if Cam does play that half effort seagull type of game then he gets swiftly told that it isn't enough and if not corrected he'll be back in the VFL.
Re: the change, I support it, Constable looked tired a few times last week so a rest could be good for him, you have to remember it isn't just the week to week AFL schedule but this is a kid whose kind of exploded onto the scene, won bulk disposals and shouldered far more work than he'd normally think AND won a rising star so had that emotional high from that. A mental rest would do wonders for him.
I have no issue with Charlie being rested... its a long season. My concerns are that as soon as we look to rest a few, we go straight back to the tried and unproven core group of blokes listed as emergencies this week.
How many times can you go to the well before your realise its dry with them.

Last edited:
I have no issue with Charlie being rested... its a long season. My concerns are thats as soon as we look to rest a few, we go straight back to the tried and unproven core group of blokes listed as emergencies this week.

Agree completely, the test will be in how they perform and the action taken by the MC should they bring in that usual 2017/2018 type of effort.
It HAS to be 100% effort or VFL for them, regardless of name or else we aren't going anywhere.

Not a big fan of Guffers but the man is wearing Hoops so I'll be cheering him on. At his best he can be a damaging player. Is it just the one change for Monday? Has the club finalised the side?
Guthrie in a big final last year made a mockery of everything we stand for as a club by giving half-arsed efforts on the field. He was disgraceful. I won't be cheering him on until he starts playing with 100% desire instead of cruising around not giving a *.

And it won't change because he keeps getting selected. Being forced to earn his spot back might have given him a kick up the arse, but that hasn't happened either.

25 possessions of chip chip chip.... run past for a handball, chip again, miss his target from 15 metres away... jog casually through the corridor while the opposition run away with his clanger. I think thats how it was described to me
Has a familiar ring to it, doesnt it
"Casual jog" are the 2 words that sum up most of his games to me.

Does anyone of his fans want this? I'll be down in two weeks.

guthrie.JPG

It comes framed on A3 size paper and without the Micks sports art signage.

I have no issue with Charlie being rested... its a long season. My concerns are that as soon as we look to rest a few, we go straight back to the tried and unproven core group of blokes listed as emergencies this week.
We can only wait and see we all hope we have moved on from this now and go by form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back